The Hectos upprising. My campaign, youre ides.

By amuller93, in Only War Game Masters

now this is the story all about how my Gming got flipped upside down, a nd I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how drop troops from dusk got here.

So now when we are down with the hip hop intro (got to keep it real with da kidz yo!). Im running a campaign (my first) and i feel that i need some outside input. Problem is that my friends who like warhammer 40k are in the campaign. so i cant really disscuse it with anyone.

So im asking you brave internet knigths to followe the campaign that i will post here and give me critique and ides.

So to make sure every got the feel for the campaign and thiere regiment (death world, drop troops and scavangers) i decide the first session would play out on theire homeworld dusk when still in traning.

a planet were gaint bats called reaver bats (i suck at names) destroy farms on the forntiers and gaint centi spiders kidnapp pepole to infect theam with thiere young to eat you from youre insides out. Theire are safe places on this rough primitive world, the citys and the cold norths but even then thiere is still always the fear of insanity whice spreads on the world like an epedemic.

i could go in to more detail on the session but i dont think to many of you are intressted (tell me if you are)

You looking for anything specific you want help with at this time or shall we hang fire and see how things evolve?

First suggestion, spelling and grammar checking...seriously it got difficult to read.

Dusk is a world discussed more in Dark Heresy, I'd look in those forums for information about it. There aren't really cities so much as a lone spaceport and a lot of little towns living in fear of a daemon lord in the swamps called The Hag. She has a cult of cannibals surrounding her that are present in the Maw as well if I remember right.

Anyways you want our advice, you should give us more information about your plans on what you want the regiment to be doing.

First suggestion, spelling and grammar checking...seriously it got difficult to read.

Dusk is a world discussed more in Dark Heresy, I'd look in those forums for information about it. There aren't really cities so much as a lone spaceport and a lot of little towns living in fear of a daemon lord in the swamps called The Hag. She has a cult of cannibals surrounding her that are present in the Maw as well if I remember right.

Anyways you want our advice, you should give us more information about your plans on what you want the regiment to be doing.

1. the grammer.

Im really sorry im trying really hard to make it work but im very dyslektic or how ever you spell it and english is not my first language.

2. this dusk is how me and my players have edit it.

3. the regiment have just finished basic traning and have been shiped of to the world of hectos

Im thinking of doing this as a video and posting it since my vocal skills are much better then my writing

You looking for anything specific you want help with at this time or shall we hang fire and see how things evolve?

i wrote a long text then manged to shut down my browser.......returne with it

Video really might not be a bad idea, man.

You might want to open posts with English not being your first language. People will be easier on you then. No offense meant, I used to be the same way until someone pointed out that I'm just hurting myself in the end and English is my first language.

Well then why don't you tell us how you've edited Dusk to your own purposes, even then you should read up on it and see if you don't want to take some stuff from the official fluff.

You might want to open posts with English not being your first language. People will be easier on you then. No offense meant, I used to be the same way until someone pointed out that I'm just hurting myself in the end and English is my first language.

no offence taken

As for the videos i think im going to start posting theam about a week frome now, link will be placed in the forum

Edited by amuller93

If it's a group video make sure they're ok with it. If it's just you then it's obviously your decision.

its just going to be me, more like a vlog uppdate

I see, well then I suppose the forum might have more advice when that goes up.

The link doesn't lead to anything.

it should now, or not

i dont know why it wont work just search for

Only vlog lordofdarkdudes

lordofdarkdudes is my username

Edited by amuller93

Thx

I haven't forgotten about you. I've just been having a hard time finding the time to sit and watch your Vlog. Sorry. I do intend to.

I haven't forgotten about you. I've just been having a hard time finding the time to sit and watch your Vlog. Sorry. I do intend to.

Dude i have hade a hard time watching it. Im honored by all of you who are intressted in this project of mine.

I must say that this is a great community

"Not that people are born mad, but become mad..."

That line tickled me, I must admit.

How to punish players? Depends on the crime. I would encourage you to punish them accordingly - if death's the appropriate punishment, then death it is, though I do recommend allowing the burning of fate to get away with an offence of that magnitude.

A corrupt Commissar? That's a shootin' if he gets caught, not stripped of rank.

If your players don't handle that well, it may not be as grimdark a setting for you guys hehe.

I can't think of any mind controlling drugs, but there is a drug that wipes out memories. More appropriate, I think, would be some manner of forced labour to make amends for it.

That said, getting caught stealing? That's a shootin'.

I'm liking the conflict and politics and intrigue. Definitely needs to be accompanied by interaction based gameplay though as envoys and ****. The players should be presented with an opportunity to determine which faction if any they think is right and either join them, or, perhaps try and persuade their superiors to dedicate their entire regiment to any given cause.

Consider this; a weak planetary governor cannot control his people. Therefore, he's clearly not fit to rule. Sector command decides that a succession is necessary. Which house is to take the lead? Who should be the replacement? Consider a powerful noble who would make a bad leader, and a weak noble who might make a good leader, but he needs the guard's support if there's to be any hope of victory.

At the risk of leaving my brain rant hanging a little weird and open ended, player-choice is BIG and you've got so much opportunity to let your players influence affairs rather than playing a rail-shooter.

A corrupt Commissar? That's a shootin' if he gets caught, not stripped of rank.

and waste a perfectly good commisar for the redeption battalion? no

If your players don't handle that well, it may not be as grimdark a setting for you guys hehe.

I can't think of any mind controlling drugs, but there is a drug that wipes out memories. More appropriate, I think, would be some manner of forced labour to make amends for it.

have been thinking of maby changing it to organ growth serum. meaning that she will soon have an extra kidney growing on hear shoulder. To later be taken out and used

That said, getting caught stealing? That's a shootin'.

Well.... the regimetal commander did actully say its sorta ok, to steal from other regiments. why do you think that theire are so many commisars all of a sudden?

I'm liking the conflict and politics and intrigue. Definitely needs to be accompanied by interaction based gameplay though as envoys and ****. The players should be presented with an opportunity to determine which faction if any they think is right and either join them, or, perhaps try and persuade their superiors to dedicate their entire regiment to any given cause.

hmm a bit to big of a decision for the squad atm, but have been thinking of giving theam more and more autonomy futher down the line. But i will add some decision on were they put thiere alligence, ethier to the unruly redneck swamp folk or to the ruthless nobel house that rule theam, but that is on more small scale like, who will fill this power vacume of the swamp sector on the planet rather then deciding the whole fate of the world.

Edited by amuller93

Naturally. The scope of it is entirely up to you in keeping with the campaign. I simply cannot extoll the virtue of player choice enough.

i know, and you have given me some ides. but i need to play one more session befor i can decied