DIY Card Storage System

By Deniax, in Talisman

Is anyone able to export these as PDFs? I'd be forever grateful! :)

They seem to be printed out just fine with Sketchup ;) What's the issue?

I work at an advertising agency with access to the perfect printer. Can't install sketchup here though :\

But PDFs would print like butter :)

I wish I read this thread earlier, this is really impressive.

Hi Spectrum,

Well done !.. nice to see it serves someone else ;-)

("VariaBox" contains: day/nigth card - alignment cards - lycanthrope cards - terrain cards)

cheers !

I work at an advertising agency with access to the perfect printer. Can't install sketchup here though :\

Hi chemical22,

I think there's a 'portable' version of sketchup (no install needed, runs from the stick it's on) ..

try google, or try this one:

http://appnee.com/sketchup-pro-2013-2014-2015-portable-full-editions-for-win-mac/

cheers

Edited by Deniax

Hi chemical22,

I think there's a 'portable' version of sketchup (no install needed, runs from the stick it's on) ..

http://appnee.com/sketchup-pro-2013-2014-2015-portable-full-editions-for-win-mac/

cheers

Thanks. I'll look into it!

----UPDATE ----

Made the Woodlands Card Box , for you all to enjoy!

WoodsBox.png

Keep posting pics if/when you make the boxes ..

Thanks for the nice comments,

Cheers

Edited by Deniax

Hi chemical22,

cheers

Thanks. I'll look into it!

I too would be interested in PDF's for the same reason, and I had no joy with the portable version sadly :(

Fingers crossed!!! :lol:

Hi Spectrum,

Well done !.. nice to see it serves someone else ;-)

("VariaBox" contains: day/nigth card - alignment cards - lycanthrope cards - terrain cards)

cheers !

Fantastic! Thanks for the info :)

Currently "caught" in everyday routine but will be back soon with pics from the rest of the boxes :D

Any chance on a separate box for the endings cards? Cheers!

Hi Spectrum,

Here you go ;-)

EndingBoxOptional.png

I myself, kept all big cards together, because the 'ending cards' are not that many, meaning it makes a really thin and high box.

But hey, let's say it's a good option .. enjoy !

Wow! Fantastic ! Can't thank you enough Deniax :)

I'll make sure to post the end result photo of this :D

First of i have to say these boxes are beautiful. Only problem is i cant print them. Have tried for 4 weeks now and cant get the sketchup printing to work. Is there any possibilitys to get the files on pdf? Or any other format?

Deniax these look amazing, I can't get my printer to behave with them either :( . I see in your pictures you are using XP and version 15 of Sketchup. I am using Windows 10 and Sketchup 16. my prints are either coming out tiny or over multiple pages, also not getting the graphics just basic colours. any ideas where I am going wrong?

Hi Chemical22, Jackyboy, Dexxnix, itboydavid,

The problem is that I'm not aware if saving/exporting to pfd, keeps the scale intact, which is as you can imagine, a mandatory criteria. Sketchup doesn't directly allow to export them in pdf either.

That's why I went for sharing the SKP files, because then I know the scales are correct. No use saving it in jpg or other, as different programs tend to print them on different scales (scale of the box, not of the 'frame' it's on)

Maybe someone else can help us with this ?? (would be nice to have them spread widely :-) )

@ itboydavid:
right click on the face and pick Entity Info. You should see two image panes in the Entity Info box.. if not, I wouldn't know why you can't see them.. they are there in the file. (I'm running it now on Win7 Ent. with Sketchup 15, and it works the same)

bye for now..

Edited by Deniax

Hi DIY-ers,

As the Terrain cardpile is getting higher, it was time for a 'terrain-box' ..
so here's the preview:

TerrainBox.jpg

And here's the sketchup file:
Terrain Box File

Harbinger Boxes are on the way .. needs a bit thinking for the Omen decks ..

Enjoy,

Sketchup To PDF conversion ..

From SketchUp Make: Use a PDF printer driver (there are a zillion different available, commercial and free, I use Adobe Acrobat), select a standard view, switch your camera to parallel projection and print, setting the scale in the Print dialog. For crisp CAD-like lines, but no textures or shadows, you can use the "Use high-accuracy HLR" print setting (Vector Printing on a Mac).

SketchUp Pro has a PDF exporter of its own that also produces vector-only PDF files.

just FYI

Here are the sketchup-files of the boxes for Harbinger extension and its Omen cards and also the Deap Realms extension.

HarbingerBox.jpg

OmenBox.jpg

OmenBox2.jpg

DeapRealmBoxTunnel.jpg

DeapRealmBoxBridge.jpg

Enjoy !

Edited by Deniax

Your boxes look amazing! You really have done a great job there buddy. I would absolutely LOVE to get these printred up. But sadly where I print my files (at work) I can't install Sketch Up, so I imagine this is out of the question for me :( I may just have to buy me a printer at home just so I can do this! :)

Print to PDF using any pdf printer, such as Primo pdf (free), then print the pdf at work.

Thanks Teamx,

Yes indeed, that would be the only option left for Jackyboy, and others .. print to pdf in sketchup at home, and print these pdf's out at work .. be sure to take a ruler with you, and check the scale of the print, or it might be all for nothing .. :-)

And please, if you make the boxes, just give me a small feedback (it's a WIP .. I need inputs) .. as I would really like to see your results !!!

Please share a pic or 2 with me, as a kind of motivation to continue this work (well, it's a hobby, but still takes hours .. )

Cheers !

Hi guys.. This boxes are amazing :) But Terrain Box File is not available :/ and Deap Realms Box has bad link, should be ".skp" i nstead of ".skb" off course ;) I've a big request.. could you share particular elements of textures? I want to make a small web application that will generate pdf files to print. And most important for me is that before generating files I can make some additional options for example to define sizes of boxes (very useful if you have cards in sleeves or laminate them like me), color or texture of background, type of image in center, shape of box, etc. It will be very helpful in making more boxes in the future and I want to try make some boxes for unofficial extensions. Sketchup maybe is a good program but I want make application that is easier in use, simple, free and have most important options. (Sry for my bad english ;) )

I made the remaining card-boxes last weekend, here are some pics ..

Glued
20160430_140038.jpg

Cutted.
20160501_123144.jpg

Folded.
20160501_125640.jpg

Done.
20160501_151634.jpg

Omen Box.
20160501_151302.jpg

20160501_151331.jpg

.. waiting for the next extension :-D ..

Edited by Deniax

-Update-

Here are the Denizen box and the Remnant Box files.

(NetherRealms box was adapted too.)

As I don't have the extension yet, I can't judge if some boxes need adaptation (Purchase, adventure, ..) .. Files will be adapted when I get the cataclysm.

Denizen.png

Remnant.png

Cheers

After a bunch of cards have been removed do you have any problems with the boxes tipping over?

I also created a set of the card holders. It took me quite some time to figure out how to print them out without having them be either tiny or spread out over multiple pages. But I finally did it, and it was worth it.

Excellent work Deniax! Thanks for the hard work.

If possible, it would be nice to see a case for Runestones also.

Hi guys.. This boxes are amazing :) But Terrain Box File is not available :/ and Deap Realms Box has bad link, should be ".skp" instead of ".skb" off course ;) I've a big request.. could you share particular elements of textures? I want to make a small web application that will generate pdf files to print. And most important for me is that before generating files I can make some additional options for example to define sizes of boxes (very useful if you have cards in sleeves or laminate them like me), color or texture of background, type of image in center, shape of box, etc. It will be very helpful in making more boxes in the future and I want to try make some boxes for unofficial extensions. Sketchup maybe is a good program but I want make application that is easier in use, simple, free and have most important options. (Sry for my bad english ;) )

Hi Arthan11 .. sorry I missed your comment apparently ..

Links restored.

I think it's a good idea to have a program that 'generate' boxes. Not only for Talisman (as it's the end now) but also for other decks of other games too. For the textures, I got them frorm Jon New (Harbourmaster of TalismanIsland website). As I'm not 'owning' these textures, but merely am allowed to use them, I'd prefer you'd ask Jon for them. Cheers! :-)

Edited by Deniax

After a bunch of cards have been removed do you have any problems with the boxes tipping over?

I didn't really notice the (bigger) boxes are tipping easier when less filled. but some, like i.e. 'terrain-box' are small and high, so they might tip easily indeed. On the other side, those boxes are laid flat, at the side of the board (together with alignment, lycan, ..) They are used a lot less than the 'active boxes' placed on the board itself, in respective region.