DIY Card Storage System

By Deniax, in Talisman

I also created a set of the card holders. It took me quite some time to figure out how to print them out without having them be either tiny or spread out over multiple pages. But I finally did it, and it was worth it.

Excellent work Deniax! Thanks for the hard work.

If possible, it would be nice to see a case for Runestones also.

Hi, I'm glad you managed it! .. I know, it's a bit 'demanding', but in my opinion, with a bit of time and effort, anyone motivated enough, can get a 'nice' result .. and just the fact that they (approx.) match the game design, it's like they become part of it, in play .. I think a professional version would be nicer still ! .. but no editor cares to make them, that's why I started making them myself.

For Rune-stones, of course I can have a go at it. But as I don't use them, or even posses them, I don't have their sizes, quantity, and so on .. so it would be guessing .. :-S .. If you have all the info, you can let me know, and I'll see what I can come up with. ;-)

-Update-

I just got the Cataclysm expansion, and I noticed some Card-boxes need adaptation now: Purchase deck, Quest deck, .. the rest of the boxes looks fine.

Also it confirms my other project: the Ultimate box , it's now certain to be of correct dimensions, as it can contain everything (official) that came out for v4.
(And there is absolutely no more room for any 'home-brew' addition .. sorry guys!)

The adapted card-boxes are up to date now.

Edited by Deniax

So I finally have everything printed out after much fiddling around. What an awful program to print from. Can understand why you use it though, appears to be easy to adjust templates. The printouts look awesome on high gloss photo paper. Now to buy some coloured cardboard and I can start with next step.

Don't know if it was just me, but the terrain box was tiny and I couldn't get it to print at the correct size. I ended up just pulling the images of the front and sides and sticking them on the variabox. The remnant box also didn't have tabs on it. Easy enough to fix though, even with my pretty much non-existent computer drawing experience.

Going to have a go at building the Ultimate Box as well. Probably wont have an open top. I'm thinking of sticking the top of the lid to the box from the main game on the top and a couple of the big box expansion lids on the sides. (maybe, might be too much)