Your card wishes.

By Killax, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I hate em! Haha just kidding, these are awesome and they feel very much like necrons, I especially like the living metal rules. But I see you have used "tapped" instead of "exhausted". Ah magic the gathering... Once it's in the system it's hard to get it out...

Any ideas for:

scarab swarms

Tomb spiders

Wraiths?

Hahaha your totally right! I will update that text tonight. I also should include tapped to the other Living Metal Necron Warriors as I feel otherwise it would just be like changing 3 drops into 1 drops and the latter still seem to dominate the game. Being tapped imho is mandatory as otherwise it would add up to some insane lategame options. For example spending 3-5 Resources to gain back 3-5 Living Metal entities. A bit to much even with AoE being present at some decks allready...

As for Swarms and the others, I do have some sketches lying around. Will probably post them tonight also.

Still working on a Swarm representation but I think it's likely that it will be comparable to Snotling Attack/Promise of Glory token generator. Probably something along the lines of Swarm Event *name* Cost 2, Shield 1, put 2 Scarab Swarm Tokens into play (1/1's) copy this effect for each Swarm Event *name* in your discard pile.

It would still look at the discard pile/graveyard for it's resources somewhat and would also syng with the otherwise mediocre Support card of Imotehk.

Also Flayers will be Ambush units obviously, without command.

Here are my visions on the Scarab Swarms, Tomb Spiders and Wraiths.

Type: Army

Cost: 4

Name: Coiling Wraiths

Traits: Canoptek. Creature.

Reaction: After this unit is declared as an attacker against a unit, exhaust another target non-warlord unit.

CMD: 0

ATK/HLT: 4/3

Cost: 3

Name: Glooming Spyders

Reaction: After this unit enters play, double the ammount of Scarab tokens at this planet.

CMD: 1

ATK/HLT: 2/3

Type: Event

Cost: 2

Shield: 1

Name: Glimmering Scarab Swarms

Deploy Action: Put 3 Scarab tokens into play at target planet. Put an additional Scarab token into play for each Glimmer Scarab Swarms event in your discard pile.

--

Cost: TOKEN

Name: Scarab

CMD: 0

ATK/HLT: 1/1

Hope you like them!

I do! great job! Mind if i add some of my ideas?

Name: Canoptek spider

Action: Exaust Canoptek spider to put a Scarab token in to play on this planet.

Action: Exaust Canoptek spider to remove one damage token from a vehicle unit on this planet.

ATK/HLT: 1/3

Action: Exaust Canoptek spider to remove one damage token from a vehicle unit on this planet.

Love it, I do feel this card would also be perfectly okay with Cost 3 or another Command Icon for Cost 4.

Love it, I do feel this card would also be perfectly okay with Cost 3 or another Command Icon for Cost 4.

Originally i was gonna keep it 3 cost, but then i addedd the "repair" action, but yeah 2 comand would suit it better since it's more of a support type.

I'll get started on homebrewing us some tyranids:

Termangant Swarm:

Army unit

Command: 0

2/2

Tyranid. Instinctive behaviour.

Reaction: After this unit enters play put a termagant token into play at the same planet.

Interrupt: When this unit leaves play put a termagant token into play at the same planet.

I slapped kiths khymera masters and stracken's command squad together. to really give you the feel of the whol endless swarm thing. It might also remind you of Mogg war marshall from Magic the gathering.

Love it and will do this aswell tomorrow!

- But mate, have you seen the spoilers for the Scourge Warpack?! Ork and AM fans should become very happy!

Catalyst

event

cost 5

Tyranid. Hive mind. Psychic.

Action: All tyranid units on this planet gain +1 attack and +1 command untill end of turn.

Reaction: Catalyst cost 1 resource less to play for each unit with Synapse you control.

Edited by Robin Graves

Tyranid warriors

Army unit

Command: 2

3/4

Tyranid. Synapse

- But mate, have you seen the spoilers for the Scourge Warpack?! Ork and AM fans should become very happy!

Yeah got some real nice cards in it. Except for kurgaths nurglings ( i have a bit of a vendetta against that card) and dozer blade giving a vehicle +2HP. Why dozerblade? If only there existed an option in the 40k TT game that-oh wait it does! It's called extra armor!

Okay rant over, back to the 'nids.

The great devourer

Type: Support

Cost: 0

Unique

Reaction: When you win a planet you may exhaust this support to draw cards equal to twice that planet's card bonus and gain resources equal to twice that planet's recource bonus.

Yeah got some real nice cards in it. Except for kurgaths nurglings ( i have a bit of a vendetta against that card) and dozer blade giving a vehicle +2HP. Why dozerblade? If only there existed an option in the 40k TT game that-oh wait it does! It's called extra armor!

I fully agree. Ku'gath seems weaker as Zarathur and I still feel that Chaos is far from being in a fantastic position, tournament-wise.

Dozer Blade makes no real sence to me either, I also agree that Extra Armour would have been more fitting. All in all however I don't think this Attachment will see much use. It's allready limited to Valkyrie in my eyes and AM loves a multitude of cheap bodies much more.

The =I= Fortress however... I didnt even dare wish for that, it's bloody fantastic!

I fully agree. Ku'gath seems weaker as Zarathur and I still feel that Chaos is far from being in a fantastic position, tournament-wise.

Dozer Blade makes no real sence to me either, I also agree that Extra Armour would have been more fitting. All in all however I don't think this Attachment will see much use. It's allready limited to Valkyrie in my eyes and AM loves a multitude of cheap bodies much more.

The =I= Fortress however... I didnt even dare wish for that, it's bloody fantastic!

OMG a valkyrie with a dozer blade! Thats so stupid it becomes awesome again! Thats anti-aerodynamic even for the imperium! This is what you get with AM +ork aliances: they get the mekboys to tinker with imperial vehicles!

That just broke my mind! All i can see now is a valkyrie with that dozerblade plowing trough swarms of gargoyles!

Edited by Robin Graves

Lictor

Type: Army unit

Cost: 5

Tyranid. Vanguard.

4/6

Ambush. Mobile

Lictor cannot be attacked while it is ready.

Gargoyles

type army Unit

Cost: 2

Tyranid. Instinctive behaviour.

Flying

2/2

Ripper swarm and termagant tokens

Termagant:

type: token unit

Tyranid. Instinctive behaviour

1/1

Ripper swarm

Type: army unit

Cost: 1

Command: 3

1/4

OMG a valkyrie with a dozer blade! Thats so stupid it becomes awesome again! Thats anti-aerodynamic even for the imperium! This is what you get with AM +ork aliances: they get the mekboys to tinker with imperial vehicles!

That just broke my mind! All i can see now is a valkyrie with that dozerblade plowing trough swarms of gargoyles!

G5S9rqq.gif

XD

Man, I didn't even visualize that just yet...

My mind can't come up with Tyranids right now.

Valkyries with Dozer Blades... MUST RESIST TO CONVERT MY MINIATURES!

Edited by Killax

I got nids on the brain! (or hive mind invading my fragile human psyche :D )

The horror

event

cost 4

Tyranid. Hive mind. Psychic.

Action: Choose two target units an oponent controls on this planet: Rout one and exhaust the other.

Reaction: The horror cost 1 resource less to play for each unit with Synapse you control.

Carnifex

Army unit

cost: 6

command: 0

Tyranid. instinctive behaviour

7/8

Genestealer

Army unit

cost 3

Command: 1

Tyranid. Vanguard.

3/3

Ambush.

Edited by Robin Graves

Biovore

Army unit

Cost 2

2/4

Area effect: 1

Okay last one for today!

Spore mines

Army unit

Cost 3

Command :0

Tyranid. Spore

0/1

Deploy action: Opponents cannot win command struggles at this planet this turn.

Combat Action: Sacrifice this unit to deal 5 damage to one target non- warlord unit or 2 damage to every opposing unit.

Ripper swarm

Type: army unit

Command: 3

1/4

YIKES! Better put 2 Command and Limited on that card for it's single cost!

Im okay with 1/4 bodies (who allready seem powerfull but can/will be Nids' thing.

How about this:

Ripper swarm

army unit

cost 1

Command 2

+1 resource

1/3

or

Ripper swarm

army unit

cost 2

Command 3

Limited

1/4

Limited is a good fix thanks. but i like them with 3 command.

Edited by Robin Graves

Here's my wish for the next AM attachment.

Type: Attachment

Shield: 1

Name: DOAZAR BLAETH

Relic. HARDGEAR.

Limit 1 Relic per player.

Attach an army unit.

Attached unit gets +2 HP.

Combat Action: Exhaust this attachment to route target army unit.

+++IN THE GRIM FUTURE THERE IS ONLY DOAZAR BLAETH IN SPESS!!!!+++

Edited by Killax