Release Date

By Zexion2, in Hollow Bastion

So does anyone have an idea about when set IV is coming out?

I'd say end of June...we don't have a set release yet, but based on how they've done Cards of the Day before that'll be when it hits.

That's true I can't wait though.

Any updates on the release date?

Apperently Next week.

so I'm saying de hell here guys. when is it beening released as my order is still saying pre order.

Wow... I really expected this set to be out by the time I got back from vacation. I guess I was wrong.

Ah well... waiting is the hardest part.

Sluppie said:

Wow... I really expected this set to be out by the time I got back from vacation. I guess I was wrong.

I think it has been released... just no one knows yet... which is confusing since I'd think people would be all over it... Darkwing already has his event, so I'm guessing he got his box with it.

EDIT: And it seems that Darkwing only got the event from Clash of the Titans and I was over thinking.

Card_Breaker said:

Sluppie said:

I think it has been released... just no one knows yet... which is confusing since I'd think people would be all over it... Darkwing already has his event, so I'm guessing he got his box with it.

EDIT: And it seems that Darkwing only got the event from Clash of the Titans and I was over thinking.

Set 4 according to the email I got from the service department of CCGarmory, will not be released until later this month.......FFG has REEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLY dropped the ball here.

Doesn't FFG usually drop the ball with this game though?

They should really not promise the end of a month when they know it wont come out til the next.

At least this gives me time to save money

WayToTheDawn said:

Doesn't FFG usually drop the ball with this game though?

Yes, yes they do. I was willing to support them because they were American based....but this is so shotty that even I feel the need to pimp smack it because...it"s American, DO BETTER!

I told you we wouldn't get until Gen Con LOL

technically they didnt drop any ball. they never gave us a release date so to assume that stores will have it by their estimates is shame on us. expected june 2009 isnt a set date just the date theyd have liked to release it so we just have to be patient. i dont mind waiting it gives me more time to rally up some more cash and collect what i dont have. (it also helps the the event card is holding me over lol)

They never gave us a realease date, imo that is dropping the ball. it's a TCG. Every other TCG on the market has set realease dates so their fans know when the sets are coming out and they make sure to let their community know of things going on, but we haven't even heard a single word about organized play or any sort of "news" article about it for almost a year now and OP was promised since the game came out here in the states. Shoddy set release dates? No OP? practically zero company involvement? Ya I consider that dropping the ball.

Sora_Yagami said:

They never gave us a realease date, imo that is dropping the ball. it's a TCG. Every other TCG on the market has set realease dates so their fans know when the sets are coming out and they make sure to let their community know of things going on, but we haven't even heard a single word about organized play or any sort of "news" article about it for almost a year now and OP was promised since the game came out here in the states. Shoddy set release dates? No OP? practically zero company involvement? Ya I consider that dropping the ball.

how did a release date get turned into an orginized play discussion? so i will ignore that statement because it has nothing to do with the topic. and FFG does infor the world on whats going on when there are delays in there sets but it cant be that much longer for the set to be released i already have the box topper promo so maybe were just waiting for them to get to the distributer and then to the stores from there then the stores can send out your orders maybe thats why CCG armory said theyll have it at the end of the month and maybe people who bought from a distributer like myself would get it when the stores do. im sure if there are any delays FFG will tell us. and im sure they will make an announcement when its on sale.

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

how did a release date get turned into an orginized play discussion? so i will ignore that statement because it has nothing to do with the topic. and FFG does infor the world on whats going on when there are delays in there sets but it cant be that much longer for the set to be released i already have the box topper promo so maybe were just waiting for them to get to the distributer and then to the stores from there then the stores can send out your orders maybe thats why CCG armory said theyll have it at the end of the month and maybe people who bought from a distributer like myself would get it when the stores do. im sure if there are any delays FFG will tell us. and im sure they will make an announcement when its on sale.

I think he"s trying to say that FFG shows no real signs of taking this game seriously, because it seems like every expansion pack has been pushed back about a month since the release of the game in Nov 07. OP is just another one of their lackluster promises. I dont remember a explaination on them saying it'll be out in June and now it's July, probably August. It makes the company look unstable to go back on it's word and whats worse is retailers were saying June 4th (it's passed) and July 10th (TODAY!) and I dont see a box on my door step nor has my order gone past pre order. Needless to say my faith in FFG doing anything right with this game is greatly shaken, if it was going to be taken seriously they should put the amount of support they put into the board games into their CCG's or held off on the card of the day until they were ready to ship.

Not to mention in COTD about a month ago they said that we should have them 2 weeks later.

4 weeks later and still nothing.

I call that dropping the ball when they keep saying it but never giving it a exact date/

Retailers make estimated guess' not fact until its confirmed which it hasnt been done and if they say there going to get it a certain day doesnt mean youll get it that day they have to get it first do inventory all that other BS and then fill orders. and why should they take this game that seriously? once they print every card that has been made in japan they pretty much have no where to go. and where did you see that they said 2 weeks?

EDIT: ok i found it it said it in day 15 which was about 2 weeks ago so technically there still good lol.

In the card of the day they said within the next two weeks. Even FFG said in June, it's now July. So why would anyone want to play a game where the company that produces it doesn't support it, answer: they shouldn't. FFG should take the game serious because it reflects badly on them if they dont, okay the game has a end in sight, we all knew that coming into the game and it's not as though they can't make a deal with SE, the old producer and/or Disney to keep it going or make new cards, I'm sure SE would like the money with Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days coming on in September and Birth By Sleep due out sometime next year. The fact is that the item should have been out of preorder and not scehduled to ship at the end of July when the producer says June.

Fantasy Flight Games informed us today that Kingdom Hearts: Break of Dawn is shipping from the factory now. We expect to ship all pre-orders during the week of July 20 - 24. We are still accepting preorders if you would like to place an order.

Pulled off the potomac distribution site. like i said before it has to get to the factory then the store has to do there paper work and then we'll have our cards. patience is a virtue and at least were no still here looking at 45 days worth of the COTD with a delay of 4 or was it 5 months now that was a fiasco.

Roxas said:

In the card of the day they said within the next two weeks. Even FFG said in June, it's now July. So why would anyone want to play a game where the company that produces it doesn't support it, answer: they shouldn't. FFG should take the game serious because it reflects badly on them if they dont, okay the game has a end in sight, we all knew that coming into the game and it's not as though they can't make a deal with SE, the old producer and/or Disney to keep it going or make new cards, I'm sure SE would like the money with Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days coming on in September and Birth By Sleep due out sometime next year. The fact is that the item should have been out of preorder and not scehduled to ship at the end of July when the producer says June.

Expected june 2009 isnt a date its when they ex[ected it even they said it will take until end of june to early july delays happen its a fact of life get over it and enjoy the game id rather have FFG produce the cards and have delays then no one doing it at all so get off it.

Darkwing Duck said:

Expected june 2009 isnt a date its when they expected it even they said it will take until end of june to early july delays happen its a fact of life get over it and enjoy the game id rather have FFG produce the cards and have delays then no one doing it at all so get off it.

Maybe they should have taken that into consideration when giving an expected date instead of saying June maybe have said July so it doesn't disappoint their fans and discourage their retailers from carrying any of their future product. From the perspective of a retailer, I would never want to deal with a company that can never give me a straight answer about when a product is being released. It makes them look like they have idea what they are doing and in turn makes them lose business. Producing the cards requires money and good sales and no retailer is going to a sell a game that the company itself doesn't even truly support. while die hard fans such as yourself are going to buy the product no matter what, that doesn't mean the game is going to grow or prosper into something that most people are willing to put their money into.

My mentioning of the lack of organized play is completely relevant to the point that I was trying to prove about the lack of company support and involvement. Competition and it's player base are going to be it's main source of profit as they will see buying product as an investment for tournament winnings. In magic I can spend $300-$400 dollars on a deck and $200-$300 on boxes to practice draft with, but if I am skilled enough I can easily win over $50,000 dollars in cash and prizes winning a single pro-tour or nationals event, all while playing a game I enjoy. Here I spend $300-$400 on a deck (due to the lack of being able to singles and everyone on here selling theirs at god knows how much) and what do I have to show for it...a promo card...one promo card. That isn't incentive at all to play this game if I am a new player coming from another competitive scene. The casual scene is also driven by this fact as well. If your local game store holds regular tournaments for a game and regularly has it in stock it is more likely that people will inquire about the game and some may even pick up of some of the product thus increasing revenue and overall fan base for the game.

FFG's shoddy commitment to this game gives no reason for any new serious players to play the game and for the veteran players to keep playing this game. How can you honestly sit there and say "get over it and enjoy the game" when it's obvious that the company printing it couldn't care less? Other companies can release their product on time just fine, WotC tells it's fan base at the beginning of the year the exact dates when all the sets for the year are coming out and what does FFG do, "we expect it June 2009" a week before it's June and then not even have the product ready for shipping until 6 weeks later. Ask yourself this question before you respond. Would you play this game if the name Kingdom Hearts wasn't on it?

it has nothing to do with the topic because OP has nothing to do with the release date nor the new set. OP is designed so "professional" TCG/CCG players can make money so i dont see how this fits into this topic so if you want to rant about it then make a topic ill gladly rant on with you. And even skilled MTG players cant win those tounys "easily" as you so put it. And as for your question i collect this game i couldnt care less about playing it i collect anything KH so if it didnt have the name KH on it then no i wouldnt collect it.

CCG- Collectible Card Game its meant to be collected and enjoyed NUFF SAID..