What are the borders of the allowed in your Black Crusade game?

By Chrysalis2, in Black Crusade

We've done really weird stuff on our campaign. Last session, we had the two lines

• "Roll unarmed damage against your mother"
  • "You may add two Best-Quality Parents to your gear list."

Our GM just told us we were horrible people and gave me Corruption for causing that.

But as for disturbing themes, it's never come up yet. Generally, we do horrible stuff and get Corruption. Although I expect sex occurs, considering our Khornate Renegade is happily married.

Marriage, the one thing that would have Khorne himself scared. If you imagine the Blood God, imagine what matron ends up keeping him in line.

Well Khorne kinda has a girlfriend: Valkia the Bloody. And shes cute in that homicidal daemoness way.

When we started I put down some ground rules:

No pedo stuff.
No sex. you can do it of course, I just won't go into detail. It feels so awkward. If YOU want to give the details fine.

Pretty much everything else I'm fine with, might want to ask your fellow players first. NO ONE makes anyone else feel bad, out of place or disgusted. But we aware what system this is, it's not nice.

These rules were pretty much put in place for a fewreason, the no sex part is because I feel it's so awkward having to go into details about sex with another guy. Flirt or even seduction I can do. Maybe it's because I've never had a moment where details in sex has had any part of advancing a narrative.

The rest are because this is played in a roleplaying club, I don't know everyone all that well and i don't want to put players off. Also, no one gets to put other players off a game for no other reason then juvenile kicks and giggles. Gross someone out for juvenile reasons? Sure! Just don't make people not want to come play.

And that's pretty much it. My players are free to do pretty much whatever they want.

R-rated stuff is allowed.

X-rated is a no go.

nuff said.

Science precludes sacrifice

The hundreds of things as a chaos band you can inflict upon the Imperium, force breeding programs, heretical thoughts, viruses both in thought and real, vivisection, non-reciprocated pleasure, politics. These are all among the many tools that a heretic can use.

My question is do you talk first among your group as to what is acceptable. As a slaneeshi cultist is adding another peasure hole to the body of an imperial general as he's thrown to a band of mutants with an incessant need to fornicate - too much?

Is ripping the clothes off an acolyte and carving profane Khornate symbols across his body and then teleporting him back to be with the rest of his inquisitorial buddies - too much?

Is commandeering a battleship, turning its engines on full and then having it driven into the side of a beleaguered hive city - too much?

What topics do you feel comfortable:

1. being described around the table

2. Not being described (fade to black)

3. Not mentioned at all

An inquiring mind wishes to know.

The short answer is...

#justchaosthings

All of that is pretty much acceptable. That said, taking a Battleship... I hope they have a massive army, because they'll need it to take a ship crewed by 200,000 people and designed to be almost impossible to take (i.e. internal defensive systems).

I agree with what's been said earlier that it's really bizarre that even entirely vanilla sex between consenting Slaaneshi cultists feels awkward and uncomfortable but a Khornate can go ahead and describe in lurid detail how he's making a feather boa out of a Guardsman's intestines and a skinned Kroot. Unfortunately, bizarre though it is, that is the world we live in and if you're making the other people at the table you are losing a game without lose conditions. So, yeah, unless you're sure everyone's cool with it, might want to pull back on the throttle on Slaaneshi daemon sex. Although people are usually a lot more okay with it if it's done in chat rather than in-person or through voice.

Could be worse, could be khornate daemon sex...

But you are correct Lupa. Usually it's the fact you are gaming with friends, and when it comes down to it, you really don't want to know what freaky things they get up to.

Same reason why "Hunter the vigil: slasher" was so disturbing: Your friends being all emo creepy depraved playing vampires and werwolves feels ok. Them doing the same while playing a human serial killer can get disturbing fast.

Example:

Bruce: "Okay guys, my tzimisce vampire uses his vissictude to turn the werewolf's ( censored ) into a steaming pile of ( censored ) with it's mouth in his ( censored ) and his eyes all ( censored ) but you can still make out it's ( censored ) as it's trying to ( censored ).

GM: so it's worse than dead now.

Mike: Ouch!

Jessy: that's gotta hurt!

Bruce: "Okay guys, my Slasher Freak uses his collection of rusty tools to turn the mailman's ( censored ) into a steaming pile of ( censored ) with it's mouth in his ( censored ) and his eyes all ( censored ) but you can still make out it's ( censored ) as it's trying to ( censored ).

Everybody: what the fuuuuuuuuuu-

Edited by Robin Graves