[Question] Number of copies of signature cards

By Khayloth, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Strategy

Hi,

Yesterday I discovered, unfortunately (the discovery was unfortunate, not the fact that I discovered it) that you can only have 3 copies of each of the non-signature cards in your decks. This far I thought it was 4, since you have 4 copies of a signature card in each faction.

I re-read the rules and came across this:

---------------------------------------

When constructing a deck, up to 3 copies of each nonsignature card, by title, may be included. Other warlords cannot be added to a deck. No signature cards other than the 8 designated cards in the chosen warlord’s signature squad may be chosen. Running additional copies of key cards is an excellent means of creating stronger, more consistent decks.While there are only 1 or 2 copies of most cards in the core set, additional core sets and expansions may be used when customizing a deck.

---------------------------------------

My question is, ¿if I have more than one Core, how many copies of each signature card can I have in my deck? ¿Am I limited to the 8 cards as they are, or I can have 4 copies of each of the signature cards as it happens with the squad?

Edited by Khayloth

This should really be in rules rather than strategy, but:

Signature squads must be taken AS THEY ARE. No changes to the Warlord package are allowed.

You'll notice that the squas cards are technically not breaking the max 3 copies rule, as they are each individually numbered, and so are actually distinct cards(even though they are functionally identical).

I don't like your answer =(

I don't mean the tone or the words, you're totally correct on the way you replied.

I just don't like that it goes that way ¬¬

(Btw, related to this , Foresight IS a signature card)

Also, I think the thread does go here, since we are in the deckbuilding board =P

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Strategy

Discover deckbuilding and game play tips to become the master of the Traxis sector

Edited by Khayloth

He means your question was a rules question and less about building a deck.

Anyway, is he right?

Yes. He is correct:

LTP Guide, p. 15:

"When a player selects a warlord, the 8 signature cards that belong to that warlord’s signature squad automatically become the first 8 cards added to his deck. Each signature squad can be identified by its unique signature squad number that is shared by its warlord. ... No signature cards other than the 8 designated cards in the chosen warlord’s signature squad may be chosen. "

So, the exact 8 signature cards that match the warlord must be used -- no substitutions, exchanges, additions, or subtractions.

So, the exact 8 signature cards that match the warlord must be used -- no substitutions, exchanges, additions, or subtractions.

Not even splitting the WanTons? XD

Big Bang Theory joke, sorry =P

If you want to argue with FFG about the tangerine chicken, that's up to you. ;)