Exhausted query

By Wolfstan, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

The rules refer to deploying cards that are exhausted, which I'm finding slightly confusing as cards rest at the end of the turn. How would a card still be exhausted as it's reset?

A card that's been exhausted will remain exhausted until it's readied either during the HQ phase at the end of the turn or at the end of a combat round if it's at a planet where a battle is being fought.

Also cards are deployed ready during deployment unless some effect says otherwise like Zythlex.

That's what I thought but there is mention in the rule books that refer to cards being exhausted at times I would of thought they weren't. The first example is in the "Resolve Command Struggles" example. It mentions that the 10th Company Scout unit doesn't contribute as it is exhausted, but if everything is reset, how would this happen?

There was some others, but at work so can't dig into the rules at the moment, but will try and find them later

That's what I thought but there is mention in the rule books that refer to cards being exhausted at times I would of thought they weren't. The first example is in the "Resolve Command Struggles" example. It mentions that the 10th Company Scout unit doesn't contribute as it is exhausted, but if everything is reset, how would this happen?

Just assume some effect exhausted him, like one player playing an Action card in the Deployment phase that Exhausted the Scout. Or perhaps the 10th Company Scout commits to the planet with Blackmane (rather than being deployed there from hand - remember that units that Commit with the Warlord arrive exhausted), then Blackmane moves away with his signature event card.

More importantly, remember that rulebook examples are just for illustrative purposes - it doesn't matter HOW the scout got exhausted; just that it CAN happen, and as such he won't count for the Command Struggle.

There was some others, but at work so can't dig into the rules at the moment, but will try and find them later

I really think it refers to units that deploy from your HQ with your Warlord, which are Exhausted when they arrive at the planet.

I really think it refers to units that deploy from your HQ with your Warlord, which are Exhausted when they arrive at the planet.

No, he's just referring to a passage in the L2P (I looked it up). It's an example of how to resolve command struggles - there are no warlords at the planet, and the SM player has a ready unit and an exhausted Scout.

One might legitimately wonder how the scout became exhausted (see my own examples above as to how it might have happened) but it's really irrelevant; the segment is only to illustrate that units CAN be exhausted during the command phase through various effects, and those that are contribute nothing to the struggle.

You could have assigned Eldarath to that planet and then use the special Eldar Event to move it elsewhere, therefore having it Exhausted (cuz of the Warlord reaction) and not able to win the command struggle since he won't contribute to the struggle.

Did that twice the other day vs Chaos ^^

You could have assigned Eldarath to that planet and then use the special Eldar Event to move it elsewhere, therefore having it Exhausted (cuz of the Warlord reaction) and not able to win the command struggle since he won't contribute to the struggle.

Yes!

:D

Hate it when that happens. :P

In one of the last battles I played I was about to do that twice:

1.- Commit Eldarath

2.- Reaction: Exhaust target unit (alone in a planet) so it won't contribute to the command struggle, therefore wouldn't win

3.- Foresight: Commit Eldarath to a second planet

4.- Repeat step 2

5.- Repeat step 3

6.- Commit to the first planet

7.- Reaction: Exhaust a unit so it wouldn't attack in the first round (and also wouldn't contribute to the command struggle)

8.- Get a fierce "I'm going to kill you afterwards" look from my opponent =P

Man, I really need to learn which Core set cards are which - I was sure Foresight was a signature card :P being able to have 3x Foresight with Eldorath is amazing.

Units are not deployed from HQ with your warlord they move with the warlord during commitment. This is not deploying.

Deploy refers to paying for cards and placing them at one of the planets in play normally only during the deployment phase.

Man, I really need to learn which Core set cards are which - I was sure Foresight was a signature card :P being able to have 3x Foresight with Eldorath is amazing

It is a signature card. It sounds like he just used both of them back to back. Pretty nice if you have them both on hand. Downside is, you won't have any for later.

Edited by Titan

Man, I really need to learn which Core set cards are which - I was sure Foresight was a signature card :P being able to have 3x Foresight with Eldorath is amazing.

Foresight is a signature card. There are two copies in Eldorath's squad. In the example above, it looks like the Eldar player had both in hand at the same time.

Ah, cool :) cheers guys - for some reason I thought it was signature but one copy only, but it's only the support and the attachment are singles, right? Just a brain-blip :)