What should I do with all my 1st edition LCG cards when 2nd comes out?

By SirRule, in General Discussion

Well I am huge fan of Dune ccg and would not mind if there would be a 2nd edition lcg for it. Even if it would be somewhat incompatible with the original.

Dune ccg is old, is has less cards than GoT lcg has, and we still play it. So it is easy to see that older version still will be played a lot!

Rotation is must as it has been said above! Otherwice the card pool would be again a huge mess... So the 2nd edition has very good chance of being much better in the long run. But it will take years ntil the card pool is even near the fullness of 1st edition. So original will be the "better" game for a while. Sooner or later the streamlined new version will run past, but it will take a time. (a lot of it...)

The GoT is dead. Long live the GoT!

:D

Dune ccg is old, is has less cards than GoT lcg has

*fewer cards.

Well I am huge fan of Dune ccg and would not mind if there would be a 2nd edition lcg for it. Even if it would be somewhat incompatible with the original.

My Dad, being a garage-sale monger, once brought home a Dune CCG lot, which I later gave to my best friend as a birthday gift, as he is a big Dune fan. We've not gotten to sit down and play the game, though, because at the time I had just managed to learn Legend of the Five Rings and wasn't quite ready for another AEG CCG. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I honestly was waiting for this. I looked up how much it would cost retail and it was about $1300 total for the base set and all the packs and immediately ignored it. I hope they don't push out as much stuff, because it takes me a long time to catch up.

I honestly was waiting for this. I looked up how much it would cost retail and it was about $1300 total for the base set and all the packs and immediately ignored it. I hope they don't push out as much stuff, because it takes me a long time to catch up.

With rotation implemented, full buy-in will probably not exceed...hmm, say...$500-$600 depending on whether you decide to invest in portions of the back catalog that are nearing end-of-life. Which is pretty comparable to competitive MTG.