Beta Update 6

By FFG_Sam Stewart, in General Discussion

Hi everyone,

The sixth beta update is now live! Check it out here .

oddly it is labeled 5. :P

That's because one of the updates didn't come with an errata update, so the numbers are off by one.

Neat trick for the Zabrak. Kinda provides an instant danger for such a character to avoid earning conflict, however. I like it!

Dear lord, dat healing trance buff.

Dear lord, dat healing trance buff.

Too much...

With as challenging as this game can be, I don't have an issue with this update to the Healing Trance.talent.

Healing Trance actually feels right to be scaled by encounter instead of raw time.

An encounter is kinda nebulous. It could be a few minutes, it could be a few days.

Like the healing trance change. it really places a lot of control in the GM's hands, but provides a very tangible timeframe for players too (and an easily identifiable risk/reward ratio).

+1 to the FFG team.

An encounter is kinda nebulous. It could be a few minutes, it could be a few days.

An encounter is a dramatic scene, one where having that Force die committed actually costs you something because you're not using it for other rolls.

If your GM is having dramatic scenes consume days, it's time to fire your GM. This is Star Wars , not Waiting for Godot .

I like the small change to Zabraks. That automatic Threat didn't need to be there; I'm glad they took it out!

An encounter is a dramatic scene, one where having that Force die committed actually costs you something because you're not using it for other rolls.

If your GM is having dramatic scenes consume days, it's time to fire your GM. This is Star Wars , not Waiting for Godot .

Well, unless the skill check you're making is something that takes days to complete.

"Gonna need a montage..."

I still think the Zabrak should have a choice between a bonus on Coercion and a bonus to Perception (or something else) phrased as Iridonian vs. Dathomirian.

The Healing Trance change is good, but it still doesn't strike me as being a significant boon when compared to the Heal/Harm power, which does more for less.

Nice change to healing trance. It now has a reasonable cost/pay-off ratio in my opinion. Plus, that is all of what, a maximum of 3 wounds per encounter? The increased chances to remove crits from Improved Healing Trance might be a little to much maybe.

What I would like to see to go with it is the ability to transfer damage from someone else onto yourself to really make this talent cool. Maybe replacing one of the range abilities in the Heal/Harm power.

Based on movies/CW, seems that Anakin (suppose that other Jedi too) heals faster, but, maybe per encounter is a bit too much.

By the way, I agree with both versions.

Based on movies/CW, seems that Anakin (suppose that other Jedi too) heals faster, but, maybe per encounter is a bit too much.

By the way, I agree with both versions.

Encounters are not fixed amounts of time. Committing a die for 24 hours to get 3 wounds is not that useful with all the other methods of healing. This way you have a reason to turn it on.

Yep, with common sense can be great. An encounter can be from 1 minute to a lot of hours. So, it can be a good change used with common sense :)

A question based on this. What time do you use to consider an "encounter"? I know its a so imprecise, but I mean in general.

Edited by Josep Maria

Now is it that Healing Trance can only be specifically activated during an encounter to gain the benefit for that encounter only, or can it be left on all day to gain the benefit throughout the day to fully heal? If it's only usable for an encounter, what is it about encounters especially that allows this regenerative healing type ability, but not something that can be essentially "turned on" in order to gain the benefit throughout the day?

Now is it that Healing Trance can only be specifically activated during an encounter to gain the benefit for that encounter only, or can it be left on all day to gain the benefit throughout the day to fully heal?

It can be left on, in and out of combat. "Encounters" are more of just periods of time where certain events occur. So not all "encounters" are " combat encounters".

I still think the Zabrak should have a choice between a bonus on Coercion and a bonus to Perception (or something else) phrased as Iridonian vs. Dathomirian.

Indeed. It's not obvious why they don't just have a choice of a boost die to either Perception or Coercion. There. Done. End of issue. What is so difficult about that?

A question based on this. What time do you use to consider an "encounter"? I know its a so imprecise, but I mean in general.

The best advice on encounters is found here .

Really good article. Thanks Lorne :)

Edited by Josep Maria

Hohum. The encounter thing. A vague change, but potentially a good one. For some reason I have the desire for some text handling 1 full day of committed die/dice. For instance when travelling in hyperspace and if there is not access to medpack, stims, medkits, bacta or heal power...

Would 4 encounters suffice to count as a day you think?

Hohum. The encounter thing. A vague change, but potentially a good one. For some reason I have the desire for some text handling 1 full day of committed die/dice. For instance when travelling in hyperspace and if there is not access to medpack, stims, medkits, bacta or heal power...

Would 4 encounters suffice to count as a day you think?

This approach may result in unnecessary book keeping and might help to bring the game closer to a papers & paychecks game. Per encounter is fine with me.