PSP Soul Calibur has...

By Halbard100, in UFS Off Topic

KRATOS :D forget Yoda and Darth Vader, I can't wait to start some sword on chains woops ass. (also maybe Kratos could pop up in a booster sometime down the line)

kotaku.com/5276751/kratos-is-in-the-new-soulcalibur

This is a pretty good excuse to put Kratos into the game, when it's obvious he belongs.

Darth Vader would be cool, too, but...

That new Dampierre guy looks so much fun to play as, even if i just want to see that mustace murder people. Also, apparantly the create a character is getting updated so you can make them better? Maybe we can even make a character that doesn't use weapons!

I didn't like Yoda/Vader/Apprentice being in SCIV vanilla.

I don't like Kratos/Dampierre/Whatever the hell they've got in store for SCIV Bondage and Domination.

If he's going to be in this game, then he actually has to be good, unlike the last failures in the SoCal games -_-

MarcoPulleaux said:

If he's going to be in this game, then he actually has to be good, unlike the last failures in the SoCal games -_-

Why?

Bad character design is bad.

Personally, I'm opposed to the concept of getting off-license characters, much like I was opposed to Brawl getting both Snake and Sonic.

New characters are awesome. Using other people's can be cool in some sort of crossover, but Link? Spawn? STAR WARS? OK, yeah, no.

Kretos seems EXTREMELY badass from gameplay, not gonna lie, but it just pisses me off how Soul Calibur has a long history of never making new characters. The list of new characters from 2 to 3 to 4 is appaulingly low.

And I am now done with the Soul Calibur Series. God Of War IS A BAD GAME! and a BAD SERIES! EVERY GAME IS THE EXACT SAME!!!!! Holy Christ!!

MarcoPulleaux said:

Personally, I'm opposed to the concept of getting off-license characters, much like I was opposed to Brawl getting both Snake and Sonic.

New characters are awesome. Using other people's can be cool in some sort of crossover, but Link? Spawn? STAR WARS? OK, yeah, no.

Did you rage when you saw Dante in SMT: Nocturne?

Yes.... Yes I did...

Homme Chapeau said:

Did you rage when you saw Dante in SMT: Nocturne?

I would have, if I had even heard of this before reading this post and then going to Wikipedia =/

Like I said, crossover fighting games are cool, and I guess in some ways borrowing characters is too, but only if it's appropriate. Although my biggest hatred went towards Snake and Sonic, not gonna lie, their presence made absolute sense, and may have contributed to some large sales.

Itachi Uchiha said:

And I am now done with the Soul Calibur Series. God Of War IS A BAD GAME! and a BAD SERIES! EVERY GAME IS THE EXACT SAME!!!!! Holy Christ!!

how is GoW a bad game? i can't exactly get my mind around that one. please detail what you think a good contemporary platform/action game is so i can see how mightily inferior GoW is compared to it.

GouHadou said:

Itachi Uchiha said:

how is GoW a bad game? i can't exactly get my mind around that one. please detail what you think a good contemporary platform/action game is so i can see how mightily inferior GoW is compared to it.

Henry Hatsworth is pretty decent, but that's on DS and it involves Tetris Attack so yeah.

I am also very biased because hey it's a hat.

Also, Yakuza 1 and 2 (and for you lucky PS3 bastards, soon enough, Yakuza 3.) are pretty good as well if you're more in the "beat stuff up" part of GoW than the puzzles.

GouHadou said:

Itachi Uchiha said:

Reasons why God Of War is a bad series.

Game 1: Mr. Clean with swords and Chains is pissed at Greek Gods. Mr. Clean with Swords on Chains attempts to kill said gods with swords on chains using bullet time to exicute over flashy moves in order to do random things.

Game 2: After killing the God of War Mr. Clean says "Hey why not be a ****** bag and kill the god of god's!!!" To do so he repeats Game 1: Mr. Clean with swords and Chains is pissed at Greek Gods. Mr. Clean with Swords on Chains attempts to kill said gods with swords on chains using bullet time to exicute over flashy moves in order to do random things. And stuff...

Game 3: Ok Mr. Clean Really is upset now > :( He gets even MORE violent with his swords on Chains and repeats the last 2 games: After killing the God of War Mr. Clean says "Hey why not be a ****** bag and kill the god of god's!!!" To do so he repeats Game 1: Mr. Clean with swords and Chains is pissed at Greek Gods. Mr. Clean with Swords on Chains attempts to kill said gods with swords on chains using bullet time to exicute over flashy moves in order to do random things. And stuff...

PsP Game: Mr. Clean has shrunk to the size of a soft *****, and attempts to redo game one with bad graphics. And Stuff...

Now to be honest I am AMAZED this series makes ANY Money, but with the kids these days who have no desire for a good game, and love to do the same thing over and over again. Then add more blood anddo it all again and again! Seriously people! Come on!

Here is a list of games people seem to love so much that suck my balls.

Final Fantasy: An RPG made by retared Kebler Elf's for the likes of birds with down syndrome.

Assassins Creed: Though it was a pretty game and it was fun to kill every living thing in sight, PRETTY DOESN'T MAKE GOOD GAME.... and every mission was the same...

Grand Theft Auto Series: I love being a Sterotype.... I will go no further than this... Proving the stupid racists right for over 5 years now... Saying if your Itilian, African American, Or Muslim your a dirty criminal.... Or something along those lines...

Here is a list of game that ACTUALLY ARE GOOD

Portal: Because it takes a level of intelgence to understand the humor in this game.

Team Fotresss 2: Because the game appeals to everyone in one way or another.

Mirror's Edge: Though the missions were the same the story was fun and the controls were puzzling to get down. Over all a challange.

Thats my game list now GO TO BED.

*washes hands*

i see you're not worth the time to speak to since you're overly wrapped in your own mind.

hatman, thank you for your input, you at least gave reasons for your point of view.

Meh, Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

forgive the language.

GouHadou said:

hatman, thank you for your input, you at least gave reasons for your point of view.

That, and the hack and slash genre is heavily saturated. In a short amount of time we got DMC 1-3, GoW 1-2, and probably a whole lot of other games I'm missing.

GoW stood out, the second one didn't. Hopefully the third one does so for more than shiny graphics.

Yeah, Kratos fits in the Soul Calibur universe perfectly

As for the Star Wars charcters, they were put in because of an agreement with Nambco Bandia nd Lucasarts because the later was looking to promote Star Wars: the Force Unleashed (which is why the Apprentice was a guest as well.)

I'm glad they decided to omit the Star Wars characters. they didn't fit in, and Yoda was broken to begin with (his size made him hard to hit and immune to grapple attacks.)

spikeriley said:

Yeah, Kratos fits in the Soul Calibur universe perfectly

As for the Star Wars charcters, they were put in because of an agreement with Nambco Bandia nd Lucasarts because the later was looking to promote Star Wars: the Force Unleashed (which is why the Apprentice was a guest as well.)

I'm glad they decided to omit the Star Wars characters. they didn't fit in, and Yoda was broken to begin with (his size made him hard to hit and immune to grapple attacks.)

except his movelist sucked and was generally considered one of the worst characters overall.

Honestly, I don't see how ancient greek Kratos fits in with mid-renaissance era Soul Calibur, but that's just me.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Kretos seems EXTREMELY badass from gameplay, not gonna lie, but it just pisses me off how Soul Calibur has a long history of never making new characters. The list of new characters from 2 to 3 to 4 is appaulingly low.

Yeah 4 only had Hilde and the boss (Who's not a clone!). I don't mind Guest characters but the insain amount in 4 is too much...

-and after 3's arcade edition brought hope, Li Long and Hwang are MIA... again...

Kratos ... makes more sense than Yoda ...

I didn't really play any Soul Calibur, or Soul Edge, but going from Soul Calibur 2 to 4 (lack of a PS2) I was happy for few new characters instead of a big set of new characters, excluding bonus characters.

True that outside franchise characters can be bad but it also is an act of getting noticed and/or corporate friendliness. Such as SSBB having Sonic and Snake together. Reason for Snake was because Nintendo redone Twin Snakes on the Gamecube which was hella better than the PS version, and reason for Sonic is because Sega and Nintendo merged also allowing the great fanfic battle come to life.

Now as for the new character in question, Kratos, I will say thus; I have not played a GoW game EVER but will say that the series began the interactive cinematics and also has a very 'what-if' story line.

For the guy that totally trashed GoW I MUST point out that you did not at all list anything about story other than kill gods, that is not at all what Kratos does. True he kills gods, (though did Xena) but the gods were beginning to use Kratos thus he picked gods one by one to start killing like dominos by using the figures known as 'duhn-duh-duh-duhn' Titans. Further more if you paid attention to story somewhat you'd also know that the one on PSP is a pre-quel telling the story of Kratos' family and the choice he makes to protect the world by becoming a god slayer beginning with Athena. Random question; have you noticed the third instalment for games is usually a prequeal? think about that one. So back now, PAY ATTENTION TO STORY PLEASE then you may criticize the game for what a game is, aside from games letting you have fun.

Kratos fits perfectly in with the Soul Calibur universe FAR better than Star Wars' characters because the simplist fact is that the timeline fits better thinking that it's not too far after GoW. Love the trailer by the way with Kratos fighting Sophitia. Dampierre is a bit random but also suiting since he's the man that wants to bring down Hilde's family and claim Ostreinsburg, thus challenging for Soul Edge and Calibur.

Among topics being volleyed back an forth like a birdie waiting for a spike, here's my serve; They are meant for people to have fun and kick some ass! 40 luv- but you can go on and complain how 'this and that' is stupid for your own opinions, as stated before "opinions are like assholes" just remember why the **** game was made- and Deuce.

For a critical finish I think Kratos should summon Atlas to step on the opponent.

knew_b33 said:

Kratos fits perfectly in with the Soul Calibur universe FAR better than Star Wars' characters because the simplist fact is that the timeline fits better thinking that it's not too far after GoW.

LOLWAT

Ancient Greece = Mid-renaissance. Wow, I am impressed at your history knowledge.

Homme Chapeau said:

knew_b33 said:

Kratos fits perfectly in with the Soul Calibur universe FAR better than Star Wars' characters because the simplist fact is that the timeline fits better thinking that it's not too far after GoW.

LOLWAT

Ancient Greece = Mid-renaissance. Wow, I am impressed at your history knowledge.

still far better than star wars, and I do try xD

knew_b33 said:

Homme Chapeau said:

knew_b33 said:

LOLWAT

Anything would be far better than Star Wars.

SC5 could have the Grimace in it and it'd be better than goddamned Star Wars.

Homme Chapeau said:

knew_b33 said:

Homme Chapeau said:

knew_b33 said:

LOLWAT

Anything would be far better than Star Wars.

SC5 could have the Grimace in it and it'd be better than goddamned Star Wars.

'cept there most likely won't be a number 5 because of Project Soul's announcement that Soul Calibur 4 was their last... the release of Broken Destiny is just a 'correction' of the fourth... despite it being only for the PSP which is a heavy crutch