The Sniper Troll: a Warhammer: Diskwars Blog

By TheSniperTroll, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Back to business after a while.

Nothing new this time, sorry, but Italian players would like to know I've started to translate the blog. Here's the first translated article .

New blog updates:

- Continuing the translation of older articles in Italian, here's the one on Disk Actions (also I made some minor updates and corrections to the original article , which featured some typos and unaccurate information about Flying disks ending their movement on dangerous terrain taking damage where they shouldn't).
- A new battle report! From the Battlefield 21 when finally the Dark Elves join the fray!
- Also, some time ago I uploaded the first and second part of the Italian Command Cards article, but I didn't announce the update. For the sake of completeness I'm doing it now.

As always, comments are welcome.

Ciao Giovanni!
I'm italian too!

Thank you for the blog, I just discoverd it, so great!

Mi servirà un sacco!
I am a newbie, tonight i'll play my third match!
I think this game is great and it has an enormous potential. But I also fear that the game is not selling that much.

If this fact is right, it makes me so sad.

I have always loved Warhammer but never played for money and time. Now I can play too!

Speriamo vada bene...
Now almost everyone can play warhammer!

I'm sad too because I was considering in the future to play tournaments, but I just read the news. They are closing the tournament... what do you think about it?

So excited to read your blog! Che figo, grande!
Bye!

Edited by Zottification

Introducing a new section of the blog: The Art of War where I (with the help of someone else as you'll see below) will ramble inconsistently about strategy, tactics and stuff.

The inauguration of this new section is the opportunity to give room to Jedhead's wonderful Unit and Hero roles analysis, which he originally posted in the forums here. For the blog we decided to shuffle things around a bit and create army-specific articles. For now you're going to find an introductory article and an in-depth analysis of the Empire . Don't worry, more will come in the near(ish) future.

Again, thanks to Jedhead for his contribution.

Good thing. A very good thing, indeed. I applaud you both!

While waiting for the next article in the "Roles in Warhammer: Diskwars" series I was able to sneak in another lore article. This time about the High Elves .

I've been catching up on battle reports lately since I was three or four behind, and I really enjoyed the last few. 20 was especially interesting to read--it seemed like a very close game! Keep up the good work.

And here 's a chance to see my latest army list in actual play... not the tightest of games for sure, but still fun anyway.

Edited by TheSniperTroll

Here's the fourth installment of the "Roles in Warhammer: Diskwars" army analysis: Chaos

Also I'm almost over with the Italian translation of the Drill section. I've completed the Army Building and the Terrain articles.

hey snipe, great blog.i read it all the time.

And I'm back again (sorry for the long delay) with another instalment of Units and Hero Roles in Warhammer: Diskwars by Jedhead. This time we talk about Dwarfs .

As I'm also working at the Italian version of my Blog I begun to translate the Mustering the Troops section.

The Italian translation of the Empire and Chaos starter armies is online.

The Troll's back with another battle report: From the Battlefield 24 - Empire/High Elves vs Vampire Counts.

I don't know how much I'll be able to write in the next days as I have a big inspection at work at the end of the month. Hopefully I will be able to at least post the final Units and Hero roles article, but if you don't have any news from me, don't worry, I'll be back soon!

And here I am, back again.

Inspection went very smoothly and I'm still alive and with a job tongue.gif

Let's celebrate with a new article: here's to you the final (for now) installment of the Warhammer: Diskwars Units and Hero Roles review , covering the four "lesser" races.

Allow me to thank Jedhead for his great job!

In light of the new Q&A session, I posted an update to the Wisdom of the Old Ones page of the blog.

As it turned out I misinterpreted a couple of rules, I made updates to the following posts:
- Pinning - Also in Italian
- On Engagements and Scrums
- New Disks Keywords (Hammer & Hold and Legions of Darkness)

Also, the new Q&A collection is available in the the Links and Resources page of the blog. An updated version of the Army Reference Sheets will follow.

New posts online. I began to delve into the lore of the four "less developed" (for now, let's hope) factions, starting with the Lizardmen .

And, as an added boon, here's a sample Lizardmen army list .

Have you experimented with alternate scenarios other than the objective cards?