The Sniper Troll: a Warhammer: Diskwars Blog

By TheSniperTroll, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Hello everyone,

my name is Giovanni aka The Sniper Troll, and I run a small blog/fanpage about Warhammer: Diskwars by the same name on wordpress. Here I write silly articles about rules and strategy, army lists and battle reports. I also from time to time like to pester FFG with rules questions whose answers I collect in my blog.

I'm aware that many of you most likely know about the blog from Boardgamegeek or other sources, anyway I thought it was useful to have a thread here, similar to the one on BGG, where to post regular updates about the blog when I write stuff you might find of some interest.

If you like my work please follow me on wordpress, on twitter ( @TheSniperTroll ) and/or on Facebook . And if you don't like it, please let me know as well, and feel free to post your criticism and advice.

+1

If you haven't checked out Sniper's blog yet, you really need too. It's a great resource, and full of answers to pretty much any basic, and sometimes not-so-basic, rules questions you might have.

I think FFG ought to be paying this guy.

Thanks for the information, reading your blog right now. Well done! Liked your FB-page, too. Maybe we can see Skaven and Orcs next on FB ;)

Edited by Katsuyori

Thanks for the information, reading your blog right now. Well done! Liked your FB-page, too. Maybe we can see Skaven and Orcs next on FB ;)

Orcs will be probably next in line for a Lore article (them or Chaos, haven't quite decided yet), for Skaven and the other less (in-game) developed races I'm probably going to wait until there's a bit more stuff.

New post is online: an Empire army list for you.

Still reading the "drill", one article per day. Already looking forward for the army-sections. Thanks for the info.

Nice Blog Man!

As I promised to Kastuyori, here's the lore article about the Orcs .

Thanks a lot, it´s awesome! The right thing to read after a day full of work. Katsuyori very happy right now :)

Edited by Katsuyori

Updates to TheSniperTroll

As a follow up of the Orcs&Goblins article, here's a new Orc army .

Also I received new answers from the game developers, so I updated my Wisdom of the Old Ones page (and the post on this forum). Here 's a list of the updates.

A new Battle Report is up. Next one will be online really soon.

And as promised, here's From the Battlefield 13

This is the last battle report before we started to play with the expansions. I can spoil you that in the next one you'll see some Vampires vs Dwarfs action...

Please also note that, after a chat with my buddy Filippo, I edited FTB 12 to better reflect the events of the first round: I originally wrote that I shot the dragon, then Karlfranzed the Hellblaster and shot Teclis with the second card, wondering whether he forgot to use Rally. He reminded me that I first shot at Teclis, then he rallied the Bolt Thrower and only subsequently I went for the Sun Dragon with the Karlfranzed Hellblaster.

Part four of the White Tower: The Forces of Chaos is online.

And as usual, after a White Tower dedicated to Chaos, here's a Chaos army list.

I recently bought and had my first game of Diskwars and I was left with a number of questions on ambiguous rules. Rules not thoroughly - or downright confusingly - explained in the rulebook and FAQ (and my computer unable to read the latter). I'm no stranger to games far more complex than Diskwars and I'm used to reading FFG rule sets, but this one just seems a bit short of the mark.

And then I found your blog. Your advice and explanations are as invaluable as they are superbly communicated. Thank you, Troll!

I recently bought and had my first game of Diskwars and I was left with a number of questions on ambiguous rules. Rules not thoroughly - or downright confusingly - explained in the rulebook and FAQ (and my computer unable to read the latter). I'm no stranger to games far more complex than Diskwars and I'm used to reading FFG rule sets, but this one just seems a bit short of the mark.

And then I found your blog. Your advice and explanations are as invaluable as they are superbly communicated. Thank you, Troll!

Thanks to you for your kind words. I'm happy to see people find my blog useful to learn the game.

And here's a new site update: the first Battle Report with content from the expansions: Vampire Counts vs Dwarfs/Empire

Some Wood Elves action in the new battle report: From the Battlefield 15

A bunch of new stuff this week:

- A new White Tower article about the Dwarfs

- A Dwarf army list

- Warhammer: Diskwars video resources in my Links & Resources page

As a follow-up of my Dwarf lore article and army list, here's the very same army tested in battle versus the Von Carstein vampires in From the Battlefield 18 .