Conflict for destroying Droids

By Azanael, in General Discussion

It's a moral maze. I guess it's down to every group really. I'm not even sure how I see it at my table, and we don't even track a Morality score (anyone with a Force-sensitive career is either Light or Dark at any given moment, with attendant bonuses or penalties).

As Desslok points out above, it seems FFG want ANY remotely violent thought or deed to count towards conflict... even though in the films we see Luke slaughter his way through stormtroopers and skiff guards and Ben chops Ponda Baba's hand off, without any real angst ensuing.

As for the 'sentience of droids' thing, that interests me a great deal, because it's NEVER addressed in the films, and doesn't even seem to be addressed in the EU, as far as I can see. (One of the EoE adventures - the one in the GM screen - does have a creepy horror-style scenario where the unhappy droids have slaughtered all the meatbags and declared Claptrap's Robot Revolution, however).

The films just gloss over this. Artoo and Threepio don't get medals any more than Luke's X-Wing or Han's blaster pistol do.

I thought that the droid army was Lucas's way of letting us know that the good guys (the Republic) are the ones who use enslaved child soldiers (the Clone Troopers); while the bad guys are the ones who use high tech automated weapons systems (droid armies) to protect their (living) soldiers from harm.

I must resist the impulse to give a sarcastic Fox "News" style commentary on the political implications....

Edited by pnewman15

I must resist the impulse to give a sarcastic Fox "News" style commentary on the political implications....

Please do. Real-world hot button topics are not welcome here. Please don't even mention it in passing as you did. Just this single sentence could result in someone reacting with a snide comment about HuffPost or MSNBC, which results in another response from the other "side", which results in thread destruction. Please don't dabble with the dark side. This is currently my favorite forum to visit. We get into enough Star Warzy arguments here as is! :D We don't need extra flame starters.

But I did love this:

I thought that the droid army was Lucas's way of letting us know that the good guys (the Republic) are the ones who use enslaved child soldiers (the Clone Troopers); while the bad guys are the ones who use high tech automated weapons systems (droid armies) to protect their (living) soldiers from harm.

Edited by Sturn