Descent First Edition Custom Quests

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Yesterday, I sent a PM to both milanaarz and Sleepwalker42 , providing the link to the D1e Custom Quests that I have.

Edited by any2cards

Hello

Sorry for necrothreading but I also would like to receive a link ;)

I also have to agree with any2cards, DS1 feels and plays much better than DS2.

On 9/6/2014 at 1:54 PM, rugal said:

I will never understand why.

D1 is unbalanced, full of bugs, old, long, boring, ugly....

People not only still play D1, people such as myself are still buying it up on ebay to play while we wait for a new RtL campaign....

P.S. I can't help pointing out that people still make those comments about D2...

Edited by Bucho

I have sent the link to both FLanowski and Bucho .

It's also reasonable to expect that people who own all the D1 materials might not be looking to dump it all and buy an entire new set of stuff.

I'll take a link too if I can. I'd love to make custom quests myself, but I have no idea what the guidelines for keeping things reasonable would be beyond matching the structure of existing ones.

I have sent a PM with the link to VanguardWarden.

Salutations. I have recently become a fan of both editions and have every published product save the Quest Compendium Vol 1, the Sea of Blood (and corresponding minis) and a copy of the D2 campaign - The Shadow Rune. (closest to that was an Italian fan site that offered only half the booklet in English).

I have commissioned Hero Forge minis to create a variation of the missing Verikas the Dead from my collection (Sealed brand new box had two Battlemage Jaes instead.) Using the company's services to create a D2 version of the missing D1 heroes as well. The official minis and art of Eliam and Red Scorpion from the Runbound series are amazing, btw. Minis are not that difficult to replace in any event.

I am a little disappointed FFG seems to have shelved this fine board game series. It is going to be a couple months collating all the downloadable content from FFG and BBG and a few other fan based locations (there are not many). I see certain links from FFG in the D1 archives specific to quests are no longer active and am concerned D2 may suffer the same fate here.

If you could, any2cards, would appreciate a link if you are still offering. Many thanks in advance, mate.

Since I receive weekly requests for the D1e quests I have collected, it will be easier to simply post the information I provide here:

Below, you will find a link to the D1e custom quests that I have. Please understand several things about these quests:
  1. I did not create any of these quests
  2. Some of the quests were written by individuals whose primary (first) language was not English, so the English does not read very well.
  3. Some of the quests are very well balanced and play well. Some, not so much.
  4. Some of the quests do not include all of the information you need (some are missing Treachery counts, treasure chest contents, etc.).

As I have over 1,000+ hours playing as Overlord, I was able to adjust to these situations. Hopefully, you can as well.

My recommendation to your Overlord would be to read the entire quest in advance multiple times, looking at the map at the same time, and make sure everything you need is there and you understand how it will play. Adjust for missing information as you see fit.
Enjoy.

Thank you, any2cards. A quick browse appears to confirm your dropbox contained the largest unavailable compilation form the old FFG site my lame 'Google-Fu' managed to locate. The resource was so close yet so far - like a perfectly chilled beer hidden in bank-grade safe.

http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/descent_quests.html

Thanks for the combination, and cheers!

I also prefer D1 to D2. Longer and more bloated, but grander in scale and focused on exploring, looting, and killing monsters rather than narrative or race quests. I also like the strategic, real-time map of D1 campaigns rather than the series of quests in D2 where the map is just a backdrop for flavor.

With D2's Road to Legend app, D2 brought back elements from D1, specifically the exploration into unknown corridors and the death limits (previously known as conquest tokens). Cooperative play (D2) is essentially a hybrid between D1 and D2. It takes the some of the best parts of D1 (exploring and death limits) and adds more refined elements of D2 (controlled spawning, attribute tests, cooperative play). It's nice because you have a single-session option (print-on-demand expansions, or "The Delve" app), or a campaign option (the full app).

I like the Road to Legend app for D2 because it brings back elements from D1 I enjoyed. I still think I like D1 a little more, just because it is that much grander. But I definitely prefer D1 to boxed games of D2.

Great work here.

I have a personal blog about Descent V1 (in french mostly) where I linked some stuff and things I like to share with players. Here is the adress : http://descentv1.blogspot.com/p/galerie.html

I have linked your dropbox link on the sidebar. Hope you don't mind. I have supposed you were keen on sharing it but I can suppress it if you disagree.