Which is your favourite God

By RedMageStatscowski, in Chaos in the Old World

I really like Tzeentch, but Nurgle is far more interesting and unique. I'd say that he is my favourite god.

The Horned Rat!

Nah, seriously though, I'm all for Tzeentch.

I love sneaky, manipulative bad guys, but on top of that they have magic, and warriors equally capable of magic as bashing people over the head.

And if anyone plays WFRP, in Tome of Corruption there's a small bit under the description of the Changer of Ways that tells of him having one of his cultists plant false evidence of a butcher's wife (or someone's wife) having an affair... which through a series of somehow related events, leads to the death of a Witch Hunter 20+ years later only days or weeks before he would have put dozens of Tzeentch cultists to death.

How is that not awesome? :P

But I do play Chaos in Fantasy, so I still love the others.

Papa Nurgle all the way! I always found him to be the coolest god, as he can effect anything he wants to, as everything must die or rot eventually. Also I love the toughness 5 pluage marines, as they are a monster to take down, if you go through their armor, they get a 4+ feel no pain save, all for about 20 points.

Nurgle, ever since I abandoned Thousand Sons for Death Guard.

And whoever said Chaos is "evil" - that ain't correct. They're chaotic, not evil. Or at least, as evil as everybody else in the warhammer universe.

Victimizer said:

And whoever said Chaos is "evil" - that ain't correct. They're chaotic, not evil. Or at least, as evil as everybody else in the warhammer universe.

i prefer nurgle and czeetch (yes i know wrong spelling)

nurgle because in his own way hes just trying to keep things alive even though hes decaying things

and czeetch because hes just changing things so they work better and to be stagnant is to be destroyed

Mmmm.

My favourite has always been khorne.

Best fighters,

Best colour scheme,

Best catch phrase.

The Horned Rat, as others have mentioned.

I'm on the Tzeentch bandwagon - I GM WFRP a lot and they make such wonderful villians

Slaanesh, without a doubt demonio.gif

I will ONLY play this game as our true Lord and father, Nurgle the icky...

no other will suffice...

Big Papa Nurgle because of all the Chaos god Grandfather Nurgle loves all his creations and simply wishes to spread his gifts to all the people of the world happy.gif

Depends on the setting: For Fantasy I think Slaneesh does the trick and for my WH40K/DH Tzeench

In CitOW I have yet to try more chaos lords but from what I have gathered it seems to be more difficult to win with Khorne than the other 3.

Devotion to a singular God? Truly you know not the power of a combined pantheon.

I would devote myself to Slaanesh since he/she/it/badger embodies perfection alongside it's more vulgar acts of worship. I seek a perfect form so that I might be superior to all those around me.

I would devote myself to Nurgle for his bloated blessing. The ability to shrug off the outside world is a worthy prize for the temporary pain of this imperfect form.

I would devote myself to Khorne for he would make us strong, and help us to defend ourselves from those that seek to end our plans.

I would devote myself to Tzeentch for he would grant us mental acuity so that we may carry out his greater plan.

Chaos is not a tool, nor is it malleable. Chaos treats us as pawns just as those amongst us arrogant enough to think they can outsmart it are brought to a swift end. These gifts that Chaos would grant me will only be granted by my devotion to all the gods, and not any singular one.