Expansions

By MDMann, in Chaos in the Old World

If they do release an expansion, there are a few "Races" I can see being used.

Ogres, maybe giving them something that removes corruption for dial counters *They eat, and eat, and eat, and... wait, where's all the food?* and they do worship the Great Maw.

Vampire Counts, because most fiction of them tends to involve the mass corruption of the surrounding landscape wherever they set up shop.

Granted, I think the biggest flaw with the expansions is that most of it's a case of "Been there, done that" with the four gods. It's a bit hard to think of something unique that doesn't tread on any god's style.

i see an expansion as adding more variety, not dramatically changing the mechanics of the game.

maybe new OW and chaos cards, new followers, maybe alternate dial advancement conditions, new OW tokens, etc.

I do really like the idea of an Old World player who can control random heroes on the board and play events to slow down the Chaos Gods in an effort to win by the Old World deck running out.

mylastnerv said:

I do really like the idea of an Old World player who can control random heroes on the board and play events to slow down the Chaos Gods in an effort to win by the Old World deck running out.

Actually the expansion I would love to see would include the four main opposing forces to Chaos: Empire, Brettonia, High Elves, and Dwarves. Because not only would these four be opposing the forces of Chaos but they are also in competition with each other for power. So you can have upto eight possible winners and if you have no one meet their victory condition by the end game condition upto eight possible losers. Talk about your chaotic board game. :P

Think of it this way "As Khorne do I smite those pesky little Elves and show them why they eventually worship one of my aspects OR do I eradicate every last Slaanesh creation to cleanse his base of power?"

Cheers,

Psektos.

I assure you if they do make an expansion for this game, it's just gonna be a small expansion like Crown and Glory was for Warrior Knights. There's not going to be any new gods or teams etc.

I'll throw my hat in by saying that it's likely a cards expansion. I really like the idea of an eight way contest, or a supplement that adds an 'Old World' player, but in all truth, there's no real necessity for more gods, with four such 'big' personalities already - besides, gods like 'Hashut' are, like the Horned Rat, surely another form of the Great Mutator (anyone who can give magic to Dwarves has to be pretty handy with the winds of magic!).

I would like a supplement, if one ever appears, to have more Old World cards - adding needed variety to the game turns, and also some more range in the magic cards and their use or even the forces that the gods themselves could use (e.g. different upgrade cards or more range in minions - for example Beastmen or Warriors / Champions of Chaos).

Fully agree with that. I think it would be interesting to have valten and archaon come into the game on the old world cards and with their own miniature or tokens. You could add a tug of war element in trying to control archaon to keep valten out of the lands you're interested in.

I don't think that it is a good idea to bring new gods in the Game. At the Moment the Balance is great.

I think an expansion will bring new Old World Cards, new Chaos Cards, new Old World Tokens, new Units etc. From everything a little bit more.