Wardens of the East: New York City and Long Island

By LetsGoRed, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Our next meetup is Wedn, Jan. 6th, 6:30pm at Cranberry Cafe. Feel free to email me (see my signature block) if you have any questions.

Our next meetup is Monday, Jan 25, 6:45pm, at the Cranberry Cafe. We will be playing melee (multiplayer) using "limited" LCG decks that you may build from the contents of the following:

1 Core Set, plus *either*:

(a) 6 different chapter packs, *or*

(b) the Kings of the Sea expansion and 3 different chapter packs, *or*

© "half" of the Princes of the Sun expansion and 3 different chapter packs ("half": the Princes of the Sun expansion came with two copies of every card, you may only use one copy of a card)

Please be at the cafe and ready to play by 6:45pm. If you have any questions, feel free to email me (see my signature block).

So any of you guys going to PAX?

Zombiewski (Josh) who started the PAX thread in the general forum is an NYCer. He's the only one I know of that has said he plans to go.

The AGOT NY Players next meetup will be next Wednesday, 6:45pm, February 10, to play joust (two-player). We'll meet at the Cranberry Cafe (45th St, b/w B'way and 6th Ave) as usual. "Full" LCG decks are permitted (i.e., 3 copies by title of any given LCG era character/location/attachment/event card may be in your draw deck (unless its text doesn't permit it); draw deck must have a minimum of 60 cards and your plot deck must have 7 plot cards exactly with no duplicates unless the plot card specifically allows it; you may use an LCG era Agenda if you wish). Note that Wolves of the North, the first chapter pack of the new cycle, came out a few days ago and you are welcome to use cards from it.

If you think you'll be attending or have any questions, please email me (address below).

The Feb 10 meetup is POSTPONED due to impending snow storm. New date TBD. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

The AGOT NY Players next meetup will be Wednesday, March 3rd, 6:45pm to play joust (two-player). We'll meet at the Cranberry Cafe (45th St, b/w B'way and 6th Ave) as usual. "Full" LCG decks are permitted (i.e., 3 copies by title of any given LCG era character/location/attachment/event card may be in your draw deck (unless its text doesn't permit it); draw deck must have a minimum of 60 cards and your plot deck must have 7 plot cards exactly with no duplicates unless the plot card specifically allows it; you may use an LCG era Agenda if you wish).

If you think you'll be attending or have any questions, please email me (address below).

The AGOT NY Players next meetup will be Tuesday, April 6, 6:30pm to play joust (two-player). We'll meet at the Cranberry Cafe (45th St, b/w B'way and 6th Ave) as usual. "Full" LCG decks are permitted (i.e., 3 copies by title of any given LCG era character/location/attachment/event card may be in your draw deck (unless its text doesn't permit it); draw deck must have a minimum of 60 cards and your plot deck must have 7 plot cards exactly with no duplicates unless the plot card specifically allows it; you may use an LCG era Agenda if you wish).

Just curious, do you guys post who wins and what they played anywhere? I'd be interested to know what trends NYC is finding are useful. (In our meta, it seems to be that whatever Finite plays is what wins, though I did manage to break his streak at our last monthly event with a Martell deck :) )

Twn2dn said:

Just curious, do you guys post who wins and what they played anywhere? I'd be interested to know what trends NYC is finding are useful. (In our meta, it seems to be that whatever Finite plays is what wins, though I did manage to break his streak at our last monthly event with a Martell deck :) )

We've been keeping a running record of how people are doing vs others as our current League competition and I put that on www.agotny.net (although the last couple of meetups have not been counted as people were trying very new decks; I plan to resume recording results with this meetup), but I don't post match specific details or what people were playing as they are free to change decks whenever they wish. I think all of the houses have been played by at least one person at our most recent meetups. I think right now Lanni, Martell, and GJ are getting played a little more than Stark, Targ, and Bara, if I had to say.

(If you would like to receive these announcements by email, please email me at the address in my signature block and I wll add you to the distro list.)

The AGOT NY Players next meetup will be Thursday, April 22, 6:30pm to play joust (two-player). We'll meet at the Cranberry Cafe (45th St, b/w B'way and 6th Ave) as usual. "Full" LCG decks are permitted (i.e., 3 copies by title of any given LCG era character/location/attachment/event card may be in your draw deck (unless its text doesn't permit it); draw deck must have a minimum of 60 cards and your plot deck must have 7 plot cards exactly with no duplicates unless the plot card specifically allows it; you may use an LCG era Agenda if you wish).

The NYC meta has resumed League play. See this forum thread for more information: thread

(If you'd like to receive these announcements by email, please send your email address to me at the address in my signature block and I will add you to the distro list.)

Our next AGoT meetup will be Thursday, August 5 to play joust (two-player). We'll meet at the Cranberry Cafe (45th St, b/w B'way and 6th Ave) at about 6:30pm as usual. "Full" LCG decks are permitted.* Results will count for those who are participating in "League" play.

If you think you'll be attending, please email me (see signature block) to let me know. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me.

*i.e., 3 copies by title of any given LCG era character/location/attachment/event card (as modified by, and so long as it hasn't been banned by, FFG's FAQ) may be in your draw deck (unless its text doesn't permit it); draw deck must have a minimum of 60 cards and your plot deck must have 7 plot cards exactly with no duplicates (unless the plot card specifically allows it); you may use an LCG era Agenda if you wish

Looking forward to the biweekly event tomorrow...first tournament/meetup as a NYC player, hurrah!

Thanks again for organizing these Jason!

Yeah, looks like we'll have about 10 people there tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun!

Our next meetup is Oct 14 for LCG joust @ Cranberry Cafe as usual. Please contact me if you think you might attend.

Our last meetup had a very good turnout; hopefully we can have more of the same!

RECENT NYC DEVELOPMENTS

We have a few developments in the local A Game of Thrones LCG community that I want to make you aware of. I apologize in advance…this post is long, but bare with me.

First, we have tentatively set the date for the AGOT Regionals Event in NYC (aka “Kingsmoot in the East”) for 12pm or 1pm on Saturday, May 21. I typically would have polled all of you for more input before I set the date, but because neighboring cities have already submitted applications, this is really the only date that makes sense within FFG’s strict “regionals season guidelines.” For newer players, this annual event is typically a half-day competitive tourney that attracts new and experienced players from within and outside New York City. I will send out a separate follow-up email soon with more detail.

Second, we would like to regularize how we schedule evening weekday meetups. After discussions, we will aim to hold one AGOT meetup once every month during the third full week of the month. Our goal is to always let you know at least two weeks in advance. We would like to know (1) Which day works for you, and (2) whether holding the meetup in Manhattan or somewhere else would make it more likely that you can come. Please email NightsWatchNYC [a] gmail.com with your preferences.

Finally, we are trying out Doodle.com to schedule the March 21-25 meetup. Please visit http://doodle.com/v7553whh4fxei9w8 and the days you are most likely to attend.This program will help us pick a day that works for the greatest number of people.

Thank you!

FYI, Darksbane has a Calendar on the CardGameDB.com site that I think all metas should post regionals info about ( http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/calendar/ ). I know FFG already posted the list, but this is a place where you can post more information to broaden exposure and elaborate on the details, etc.

I already posted the NYC info there, with more to be added later. (I'm also going to begin posting NYC-related events there, just in case people are interested.) Some of these events are already on the NYC Nights Watch Google Calendar here https://www.google.com/calendar/render?gsessionid=OK.

Nice work Darksbane!!!

Hey everyone! my name is Greg, new to the local AGoT scene, but I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be hosting a TOURNEY OF THE HAND event this Saturday (4/16) at the I-Con convention out in Stony Brook on LI www.iconsf.org

Tourney is scheduled to start at 3:15 PM.

Event details and rules can be found here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

I hope to meet some of you there this weekend!

dammit i wish i knew about this before i made plans for this weekend

If I could have gone, i probably would have gone. I'd be interested in hearing the size of the turnout and a mini-tourney report if anyone actually did show up preocupado.gif

sooooooo no info huh?

It was an odd day at I-Con. Two players showed on up time ready to go, neither with "Hand" decks. Another showed up an hour late, with a Stark deck using the non-unique Kennel Master as his Hand. A sweet husband and wife team signed up for the tourney, never having even demoed the game before.

Soooo needless to say it did not go as well as hoped serio.gif

The format's fun, though, so hopefully we can get another go at a Tourney of the Hand sometime soon somewhere.

the1gwiz said:

It was an odd day at I-Con. Two players showed on up time ready to go, neither with "Hand" decks. Another showed up an hour late, with a Stark deck using the non-unique Kennel Master as his Hand. A sweet husband and wife team signed up for the tourney, never having even demoed the game before.

Soooo needless to say it did not go as well as hoped serio.gif

The format's fun, though, so hopefully we can get another go at a Tourney of the Hand sometime soon somewhere.

Sorry to hear it didn't get as many players.

Twn2dn said:

Man, I totally missed this announcement...probably would have gone if I had known! I'll try to check this Metagame forum more frequently, but in the future, if you email [email protected], they'll publicize NYC-wide events to all the NYC players. That way nobody (like me) will miss it!

Sorry to hear it didn't get as many players.

Indeed.

Anyway, a group of players will be meeting at The Game Table in Mineola on Monday, May 9th at 7:00 PM. We'll be playing Joust and all are welcome to come!