Wardens of the East: New York City and Long Island

By LetsGoRed, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

TBiTW, are you looking to play A Game of Thrones LCG or Arkham Horror? If AGoT LCG, the group that plays in Manhattan typically gets together about once every other week. We usually discuss upcoming meetups on our site's (www.agotny.net --linked below in my signature block) forum and then I or one of the other players post the time in the calendar there and here in this thread. Feel free to send an email to [email protected] and we can discuss further about our meetups and any questions you have about the game and our group.

Next meet up is Wedn night, 5/13, in midtown. Send me an email (see my signature block) or post here if you are looking for details.

Next meet up is Tues night, 5/26, in midtown. Send an email (see my signature block) or head over to www.agotny.net if you are looking for details.

Dearest players of the NY meta,

It looks like I'll be in NYC hanging out with a friend the weekend comprised of June 5-7. Naturaly, I'd like to take a day to meet up with any of you guys who would like to play a few games. Sunday, June 7 would work best for me, but I probably could swing Saturday, June 6 if necessary. If we can agree to a gathering, I'll bring a bunch of LCG decks and a few "standard" decks.

Let me know if any of you are interested in getting together.

Saturday June 6 would probably work for me. anyone else form teh NY group?

I'll check back in to see if we can definitely get something doen that afternoon.

I should be free as well, unless i'm doing pathfinder...

bump -- any further word on whether or not you guys want to get something together next weekend?

I unfortunately won't be free on the weekend. I spread the word to some of the "regulars" about your post, some of who (Staglord and GreyjoyChris) have already posted.

Thanks for that! Greyjoy Chris and I will be getting together sometime on Saturday.

Holy hell, ive been out for awhile......

Well seems ive finally gotten myself together for LCG, time for old Wulfen Re-enter the fray. Ive got my good ol' starks ready for some action, and suprisingly enough, a greyjoy deck that needs some bleeding. lemme know when stuffs going down. i cant believe we play at a damned cafe now heh heh.

Hey Wulfen, I do try to remember to post here when a meet up time is set, but it's also good to check the forum and calendar at www.agotny.net. Also, I have you on the list that gets emailed when a new meet up is being planned, so you should get updates that way as well. Hopefully we'll have our next meet up planned shortly.

Our next meetup is scheduled for Tuesday, August 4th, 6:30pm at Cranberry Cafe. LCG decks. I'm leaning towards Joust. If you think you can make it, shoot me an email (address below). And if you have any questions or want to discuss the meetup, feel free to post in the www.agotny.net forum or to email me.

Our next meetup is scheduled for Thursday, August 27th, 6:30pm at Cranberry Cafe. LCG decks. If you think you can make it, please send me an email (address below). And if you have any questions or want to discuss the meetup, feel free to post in the www.agotny.net forum or to email me.

LetsGoRed said:

Our next meetup is scheduled for Thursday, August 27th, 6:30pm at Cranberry Cafe. LCG decks. If you think you can make it, please send me an email (address below). And if you have any questions or want to discuss the meetup, feel free to post in the www.agotny.net forum or to email me.

This meetup is POSTPONED (too many would-be players have conflicts). When I have a new date I will post it here.

I don't suppose we can get something going anytime soon? not to be rude but ive basically just been playing Stag for basically going on two months now, needs variety, and id love to see what horrible horrible tricks you city folk have come up with.

The NYC meta's next meetup is Wedn, 9/23. This will be the first night of our second season of League play. See the Organized Play subforum here or visit www.agotny.net for more information.

The NYC meta's next meetup is Thurs, 10/1 at Cranberry Cafe. Results will count towards our second season of League play (see the Organized Play subforum here or visit www.agotny.net for more information about our meetups and League format).

The NYC meta's next meetup is Thurs, 10/15 at Cranberry Cafe. (Visit www.agotny.net for more information about our meetups).

The NYC meta's next meetup is Thurs, 10/29, 6:30pm at Cranberry Cafe. (Visit www.agotny.net for more information about our meetups).

The NYC meta will be meeting at the Compleat Strategist on Saturday 12/12 along wiht teh Metro City wargamers as per LGR's thread on the main discussion page. It should be a lot of fun - melee is a great format, and I kind of like working with the restrictive deck building pool. That is neat once in a while - but it grates on my nerves long term.

Hi all,

New to this particular game, and I live in NYC. Though I am a huge Martin fan, I am still trying to get a handle on this game through the core set. The game does seems a bit 'haphazard' thusfar. I am waiting for that nice "aha!" moment. :-) Still, I am looking to play a bit so my question is: is there anywhere else, besides The Compleat Strategist, that sells this game? They happen to be sold out of any chapter packs. It makes me nervous that none of the comic shops I have visited carry either this or Warhammer Invasion (as I was thinking of getting involved with that game too).

I apologize if I missed a similar post to this effect.

Rheingold

See my reply on the main borads - but to follow up, bear in mind that LCGs are niche games within a niche amrket - so they can be a littel ahrd to find at comic shops and even game stores. The stuff is readuly avaialble ( and cheaper) on line and again - rest assured, the NY community is very enthusiastic and welcoming to new players.

See you Saturday. .

Hello fellow New Yorkers. Well, I'm not really a New Yorker I just go to school here. My cousin introduced me to ASOIAF late last summer, and I've been plowing through slowly but steadily (if only my studies left more time for personal reading...) and am about 1/3 through Feast for Crows right now. I first found out about the LCG sometime in October, and have been reading about the game and following this forum since. I finally got the Core Set and Princes of the Sun for Christmas, and I am really excited to start building decks. She and I played some while we were visiting our family for Christmas, and though we found it a little overwhelming, we both had a lot of fun. I almost went to Winter is Coming last month, but I had a meeting that conflicted. Oh, also, my name's MC. I hope you guys are as welcome to newcomers as you say, because if I'm being honest, I'm pretty terrible at this game so far!

Looking through the immediate history of this thread, are most of your meetings on Thursdays? I hope not I have a club meeting every Thursday night. :(

Lavinia said:

though we found it a little overwhelming, we both had a lot of fun.

just a quick note. if you play again w/ cusin, try playing as if the characters text boxes are blank. I find this to be much easier way for new players (especially playing against another new player) to learn the mechinics of the game and then easier to adapt to text boxes later.

Lavinia, hello, I am one of NYC players and typically the one to coordinate meetups. New players are definitely welcome. We've been on hiatus since the Winter is Coming event, but I expect to have a meetup scheduled for this upcoming week or the week after. We typically meet about twice a month, the day of the week moving around (so not always Thursdays, although that has been a common night of late that has worked for many people). I'll post the dates of meetups here and on the calendar at www.agotny.net . I'm hoping a few other new/new-ish will be joining us on occasion as well. If you have any questions about our group or meetups, feel free to email me at [email protected] . I also email announcements of meetups, so if you'd like to receive those, email me and tell me to add your address to the distro list. Take care and hopefully we'll meet at a meetup soon.