Possible Warlords

By Jvirtue55, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Yeah I agree Bored I rather have one box of each faction instead of having to buy two boxes to get each faction complete

They made everyone but 2 copies of the 1st Star Wars deluxe expansion, so it is a definite possibility. Like in Star Wars to introduce enough cards into he pool it may only be feasible to include a full set of every card. So we had to buy 2 to get a full set.

I doubt they will do this, but it is a similar situation. Though if this is the case I hope that they just release each faction in its own box, as a full set.

Didn't FFG receive some really incendiary feedback on that? I seem to recall alot of people being really upset.

people ***** and moan about everything. The packs sold fine. Besides only a small fraction of people bolocks on on the forums. It may be the most vocal of their customers but it is in no way representative of all the customers.

Edited by booored

The EoD for Star Wars is essentially another core set. Most people loved it and didn't care that you needed two. We were happy for the large injection of cards. Now Star Wars has two factions in each deluxe and you only buy one. Same thing with Netrunner.

well, most people didn't.. it had a lot of people really pissed.. no one had any choice about it is a better way of putting it. You bought it or you stopped playing. People bought it.

As I said though I think there was a reason for it being like that though. To augment the card pool in a large way for those factions. Making it a single box would mean there would have been 1.2 the cards for each faction. This wasn't a large enough injection. Again, as I said this is a simular situation in COnquest.. so we will see. It wouldn't suprise me at all if it was two boxed.

Name: The Swarmlord
Faction: Tyranids
Why they should be a warlord: 'nids don't have much choice besides the swarlord do they? But maybe we'll also get Old one eye.

Maybe Tyranids' warlords will be just Hive/Splinter fleets. with different kinds of Swarmlords or Hive Tyrants as signature squads. The named Tyranids (Old One Eye, Doom of Malan'tai, Red Terror,...) can be either in the signature squad or just an unique character.

Yeah, I would expect the Tyranid Warlord would be less of a named character and more of named "Fleet"...Like Kraken, Hyrdra, or something FFG will make up.

Having a specific creature as the warlord wouldn't be as epic...

someone a while back said the warlords for Tyranid's should be like a named planet. The squad the particular genus of Tyranid form that place.. I think that is a great idea.

I bet the Tyranid Warlord will be the hive fleet in question. So - one is Hive Fleet Kraken. Another is Hive Fleet Leviathan, etc. etc.