Possible Warlords

By Jvirtue55, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

There has been talk on this site about if the game should make there own characters or use already established heroes from the 40k universe.

So if we are going to use all ready established characters who are the ones we should use and why?

I understand both sides of why we should use what but I think if we are using the 40k IP then we should use all the lore that goes along with it.

For this we should have like a format:

Name:

Faction:

Why they should be a warlord:

Any links you want to add to your argument:

Name: Dante

Faction: Space Marines Blood Angels

Why they should be a Warlord: Dante is the baddest blood angel since sanguinius he is the chapter master so of course he should be a very powerful Warlord

Link http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dante

Imotekh

Necrons

Biggest Necron threat currently. Extremely intelligent , and tactic savvy. Has largest Necron force available.

I play Necrons :P

Name:Erasmus Tycho

Faction: Space Marine Blood Angels

Why should they be a Warlord: Tycho is a bad ass blood angel he could have his bloodied side be from when he went mad and became a Death Company Marine, which would be really cool.

Link: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Erasmus_Tycho

I've always like control decks and mind control stuff...

Name: The Masque of Slaanesh

Faction : Chaos

Why they should be a Warlord

She is a sex god of the pleasure prince. So awesome is her power that she affected Slaanesh mood during her subduction. Slaanesh banished her and cursed her to dance for all time. Her subduction is still absolute, her mer pressence makes all bow to her every whim!

So in short a sex god that warps the minds of all sentient life, walking though the warp and space a discarded herald of the great sensory, like a Rōnin. A Goddess of pain and pleasure, of lust and hate and love.

What more dose 40K need?

I know this is a bit off the prime topic but this thread seems like the right place for my assertions.

A Slann Warlord

and later, much later...

Worlds as warlords like the Tyranids, a non allied deck.

Deathworld and Hiveworld.

What out for that Orlok juve why don't 'cha.

Edited by vegasmentat

I ******* LOVE that idea. A tyrinid warlord is a entire planet host it is own sub species of tyrinid.. wow.. you should be working for FFG.

I was worried about the Tau but I found these on the site

Shas'O Vior'la Shovah Kais Mont'yr (aka Commander Farsight)

Aun'shi

La'Kais (possibly Shas'O Vior'la Kais later on)

Aun'Va

Shas'O Kais

Shas'O Or'es'Ka

Shas'O Vera

Shas'O R'Myr

Shas'O Shaserra (Commander Shadowsun)

Aun'El Shi'Or'es

Aun'rai

Name: Ursakar E. Creed a.k.a. CREEEEED!

Faction: Astra Militarium

Why? Because he's a tactigal genius. Also, he is responsible for defending Cadia, so he knows a thing or two about war.

Edited by klaymen_sk

Name: Lucius the Eternal

faction: Chaos

Why?: because Lucius, champion of Slaneesh is easily the most interesting of all the champions of chaos. Maybe an attachment for armor that reads, "if bloodied, copy your opponents warlord ability." high cost attachment for balance but man that would be cool.

Snagrod

ORKS

"The Ork Snagrod is an infamous tyrannical Arch-Arsonist, leader of the Ork Empire of Charadon and one of the most powerful Orks in the entire Galaxy." (Lexicanum)

I'm all for the big Chaos baddies. I definitely second Lucius as he was posted already. Abaddon The Despoiler, Kharn The Betrayer, Typhus, Erebus, Kor Phaeron, Honsou, and on and on.

Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka

Orks

He's A Goff warboss (already have some Goff units) His one time "ally" Nazdreg Ug Urdgrub is already in the game. Hopefully FFG will bring his nemesis Commissar Yarrick in as a Warlord for IG so that they can fight it out in card form!

I really wanna see Yarrick too - he's just too awesome a character not to include (plus, I just really want a Commissar Warlord :P )

Marneus Calgar

Ultramarines

Why? People can go on and on about "ultrasmurfs" being boring, but according to the lore, Marneus is one of the greatest chapter masters in the entire history of the 40k universe. After being into 40k for about 16 years now, ultramarines is actually still my favourite chapter of the space marines since I began with the hobby. Go on, lets hear the haters :P

I really like the ultra Marines. I am with you on Calgar but I would be surprised if they make a warlord of that kind of power.

also, Buzz Lightyear would be a good Space Marine warlord. He would have flying. This is what happens when you watch Toy Story 3 twice a day for your daughter.

So do you think they will shy away from the big power houses from the groups? The chapter masters, Abadon and so forth.

So do you think they will shy away from the big power houses from the groups? The chapter masters, Abadon and so forth.

Hard to say. They're already releasing a Greater Daemon, so a Chapter Master doesn't seem so far-fetched.

I guess the trick will be in keeping the 'big players' balanced. Maybe by penalising your starting cards/resources, or by having a weaker signature squad, you can make a more powerful Warlord ok. Hard to say until we see the 'power combos' start to come out in testing I suppose.

I believe we will see some of them, I can't imagine FFG not bringing in some big names. I don't know about all, because there are just so many options for Chaos and Space Marines warlords. For example, Chaos started with a sorcerer of Tzeentch, but it certainly wasn't Ahriman. Something else that I'm thinking about is that many of these guys, Abaddon, chapter masters, they aren't in the front lines all that often. It usually takes a particular event. So, flavor wise, it might be better to use the Kharn or Sicarius characters.

Well faction centric expansions are definitely coming out after tyranids and necrons. Maybe we will see some chapter masters in those.

Well faction centric expansions are definitely coming out after tyranids and necrons. Maybe we will see some chapter masters in those.

Where did you see this?

if the history of every other LCG ever printed is a guide it is to be expected

Ok

I hope that the Necrons Tyranids box you will only need one for complete play sets and that it comes with a new warlord for each faction

Ok

I hope that the Necrons Tyranids box you will only need one for complete play sets and that it comes with a new warlord for each faction

Yes, I was basing my knowledge on previous LCG's. Namely AGOT.

I would imagine so. If I had to buy mulitple expansions to play a single faction I would be pissed off.

They made everyone but 2 copies of the 1st Star Wars deluxe expansion, so it is a definite possibility. Like in Star Wars to introduce enough cards into he pool it may only be feasible to include a full set of every card. So we had to buy 2 to get a full set.

I doubt they will do this, but it is a similar situation. Though if this is the case I hope that they just release each faction in its own box, as a full set.

Edited by booored