Other Ships: Speculation

By ghaerdon2, in Star Wars: Armada

Well what do we think will be in Wave 1, 2 or even 3?

I predict little Y Wings and Interceptor squadrons to be in Wave 1.

ISD class one! please....

Wave 1: Imperial Star Destroyer, MC80 Star Cruiser.

Will they make different rules for the Imperial I and the Imperial II? They are significantly different in their firepower capabilities.

Wave 1: Imperial Star Destroyer, MC80 Star Cruiser.

Those would be the obvious choices for standalone expansions, yup.

I wonder if they will have tiers of expansions, though? IE., a 'big ship' that is JUST the ship, but fighter packs available as their own thing? (IE., three flights of TIE Interceptors or three flights of TIE Bombers as a single expansion pack?)

Otherwise, it'll get a bit weird trying to put together the varied fighter wings for the ships...

(And speaking of - the ISD having *triple* the number of fighters vs the VSD will be...curious to see how they handle that)

Home One
Executor

Death Star

Gilad Pellaeon (as a fleet commander)

Home One

Executor

Death Star

Gilad Pellaeon (as a fleet commander)

ISD with Pellaeon and Thrawn would be a must buy

There is a lot to choose from.

Imperial:

ISD

ISD II

Interdictor-Class

Dreadnaught-Class

Strike Cruiser

Carrack

Lancer Frigate

Vigil

Customs Corvette

SSB

Rebel:

Winged MC80

Home One

Corellian Gunship

Medium Transport

Marauder Corvette

Assault Frigate MK1 & 2

MC30

Quasar-Fire

Okay, so let's get some heat and hate going on in this thread.

Which ships should FFG not make?

For the ships that FFG should not make.... Klingon Battle Cruiser, Borg Cube, etc....

For the ships that FFG should not make.... Klingon Battle Cruiser, Borg Cube, etc....

Too easy.

You fail.

Next?

So...when are we going to see prequel ships in this game? :P [/troll]

Just my way of saying they should make them all... Them all!

FFG should make everyeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryevery ship ever created!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FFG should make everyeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryeveryevery ship ever created!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4fvgdaq_th.gif

I am sure all the ships from the RPG and video games will be represented. Large ships like the SSD will probably be special ships with unique rules like the huge ships in X-Wing.

Vong ships might be a possibility, likely no but still a possibility. I wonder if the Factions will be blurred a bit more than X-wing because the Rebels use ISDs and Dreadnaughts while the Empire had Neb-Bs and CR-90s too

I am sure all the ships from the RPG and video games will be represented. Large ships like the SSD will probably be special ships with unique rules like the huge ships in X-Wing.

All of them?? Surely not. There are to many, and too many of them (too many being >1) of them are not good enough for FFG to consider.

Armada has more potential for more than two factions than X-Wing, but who knows...might be best to just keep things simple and leave it at two.

The Yuuzan Vong will not be made.

I'm thinking FFG is going to concentrate on the Galactic Civil War here. It's proven the most popular period of Star Wars lore and just about everyone agrees with it. When you get into Vong and prequel ships, fans tune out and there's not as much that would be wanted out of that.

So, the various denominations of Star Destroyers, some of Fractalsponge's death wedges (perhaps?), some of the obscure starships from the Rebellion computer game maybe?

How do I change my direct deposit info so that it all just goes directly to FFG?

Armada has more potential for more than two factions than X-Wing, but who knows...might be best to just keep things simple and leave it at two.

You think? I was just musing that lesser powers were far more likely to have their own fighter and small ship designs than they would big star destroyer equivalents.

You think? I was just musing that lesser powers were far more likely to have their own fighter and small ship designs than they would big star destroyer equivalents.

I'll agree with Forgottenlore on that one.

I want to see battlecruisers like Allegiance, but it looks like we'll get a healthy selection of lighter cruisers like Dreadnoughts, Carracks, and the like. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I'll agree with Forgottenlore on that one.

X-Wing is a squad based star-fighter game. There aren't too many factions outside of the Rebels and Empire that have a range of star-fighter classes (unless you start looking to prequels and EU). Smaller sized capital ships and freighters are more prevalent outside of these two factions.

That being said, Armada will remain a two faction game (for the time being).