THE HELSTON REGIONALS!!!!

By Bloodrunstrue, in UFS Uk Forum

Heya guys.

Just to inform Everyone of the deats of the Helston regionals here seeing as Daniel Eggle is unable to.

THE FOLLOWING DETAILS ARE ALL COMPLETELY OFFICIAL BUT ARE STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE:

Date: 13th June 2009

3 Penrose Rd, Helston, Kerrier, TR13‎ - 01326 562 822‎

Venue: ROOM 10 Helston community Centre.

Cost: I think it's £5.00 per person, subject to change.

Format: The Format for this tournament will be an unusual but fair environment..... gui%C3%B1o.gif

LEGACY HIGHLANDER. Which in short means that all cards are legal irrespective of watermark but you are only allowed 1 of each named card with the exception of Charcters since we encourage charcter stacking, also, cards with a dot after their name are both legal. E.G you can use 1 Of Crazy buffalo and Crazy Buffalo. ( The one from Warrior's dream.

So yeah Legacy with only one of each card. It'll be mucho fun! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Prizes: Standard tournament kit with, I imagine, thrown in promos by Dan.

Also there is a special banned list which will take effect in this tournament.

THIS BANNED LIST OVERRIDES THE NORMAL BANNED LIST, THE FOLLOWING CARDS ARE NOT LEGAL FOR PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT:

Abyss***

**Rock Howard**
B.B. Hood*
Cassandra**
Dhalsim***
Hugo***
J. Talbain***
Lilith*
Mai:.:
Matt Kohls
Night Terror*
Sakura::
Tycho, Evil Genius
Zasalamel***

Replenishment
Revitalize
Enlightenment
Defender of the Empire
Military Rank

Turbo.

Contact [email protected] For more details and the like.

Lastly I would like to ask a BIG favour of the UK community and suggest any cards that should be added to the list and WHY, We've not had too much time to prepare the list!

Thanks everybody and hope to see many of you there :)

Cheers

Daniel Oulds

Oh forgot to mention all errata's take place as normal and are unchanged.

E.G Ryu's ashura senku is still Ryu only.

i won't be goping so u can take or leave my veiws:

Happy holidays

Broken Arm/leg/head/torso

all the above just really create bad eniviroments + only one of each still makes a set of injury assets for vitor/nickolas the saint

addes

Is just annoying for everyone (I own them am a dedecated control player) but they it is stiil the most boring card to play

Can I ask why its Legacy Highlander? Just curious!

Fiddlestix said:

Can I ask why its Legacy Highlander? Just curious!

Taken for dans orriginal post

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a UFS event that everyone can play in the Helston UFS regional. I had alot of players ask me to do a none block 3 regional so they could play in a regionals to try and win the card art so if this is you here it is :)

end quote

Jolly Side/Gloomy Side.

Any sort of rfg effect could make beating Tira a little too easy.

EDIT: Nevermind this, apparently you can get them back from rfg.

Thankyou for the important suggestions on the banned list so far guys!

I'll talk them over with Eggle.

Also forgot that th event starts at 11:00 am, you also need decklists.

Time: 11:00am with decklists required.

Does this mean somebody has actually spoken to Mark at EXIT and explained to him that he has to order the Regional kit in? Just wondering as the last time I spoke to him nobody had and it is a hell of an assumption to belive he will do it if somebody doesn't have the decency to talk to the guy about it first.

Tallgeese said:

Does this mean somebody has actually spoken to Mark at EXIT and explained to him that he has to order the Regional kit in? Just wondering as the last time I spoke to him nobody had and it is a hell of an assumption to belive he will do it if somebody doesn't have the decency to talk to the guy about it first.

wait WHAT

OH ****.

Eggle you ahve let us all down. man :(

We'll get back to you if this is the case...

Umm, if the event goes ahead how about banning Higher Calibur because when everybody has one of each card it makes you win every response war...?

Also, I can't help but notice that Abyss, Sakura and Lilith have been banned, all of which I have irritated Cornwall-based players with.

Coincidence? gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif

I'd also suggest banning Giradot's Leadership since the first person to draw it should win the game happy.gif

You could also ban Remy and promo Haohmaru since they will be BROKEN in this format....... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Speedsta said:

Umm, if the event goes ahead how about banning Higher Calibur because when everybody has one of each card it makes you win every response war...?

Also, I can't help but notice that Abyss, Sakura and Lilith have been banned, all of which I have irritated Cornwall-based players with.

Coincidence? gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif

I'd also suggest banning Giradot's Leadership since the first person to draw it should win the game happy.gif

You could also ban Remy and promo Haohmaru since they will be BROKEN in this format....... gui%C3%B1o.gif

XD Ross well said boyo, well said.

Also the following cards have been added to the baned list:

Broken leg

Broken arm

Head trauma

Bleeding internally

Proof that these forums' bad language filters are lacking. Good times.

Dan - thanks for putting this up :) you are a legend :)

Tuesday -

The reason Happy Hoilday is of the banned list is because its a 1 in 60 card chance of getting it and there is one one YWNE in testing it was fine.

The same goes for the injury assets as only two were ever leagal i dont see a problem.

Addies is fine as in the forum its all about Es anyways.

you cant be that must of a dedecated control players because being boring is what control is all about you should love playing against broken cards lol

Fiddlestix -

it is legacy highlander for 2 reasons

1. i was asked to do a fun regionals that everyone has a chance to winning

2. i have quite a few players who have been out the game for a while and just want to play some UFS again.

Tallgeese -

I have spoke to steve i am paying for the event :) emailing you was on my list of things todo today so dont worrie i will explain all :)

Speedsta - hey mon sexy ross, It is not a coincidence just because rene was one your mind you can only build broken decks that will work in highlander.

JJ - What a cock :P

MrBump said:

Dan - thanks for putting this up :) you are a legend :)

Tuesday -

The reason Happy Hoilday is of the banned list is because its a 1 in 60 card chance of getting it and there is one one YWNE in testing it was fine.

The same goes for the injury assets as only two were ever leagal i dont see a problem.

Addies is fine as in the forum its all about Es anyways.

you cant be that must of a dedecated control players because being boring is what control is all about you should love playing against broken cards lol

Fiddlestix -

it is legacy highlander for 2 reasons

1. i was asked to do a fun regionals that everyone has a chance to winning

2. i have quite a few players who have been out the game for a while and just want to play some UFS again.

Tallgeese -

I have spoke to steve i am paying for the event :) emailing you was on my list of things todo today so dont worrie i will explain all :)

Speedsta - hey mon sexy ross, It is not a coincidence just because rene was one your mind you can only build broken decks that will work in highlander.

JJ - What a cock :P

Dude no just ******* no.

The injury assets are banned end of. I don't want top imagine the stupidity dude. Victor would be auto win.

if not i'll just build death victor and win :P

And yeah JJ is a cock, bloody monster rancher :P

Legacy Highlander. A normal person would have gone for a peasant block 3 tournament (no rares) to make the tournament more accessible to everyone, but not you Dan. Not you.

It's not too late to make it a <5 hand size Legacy Highlander tournament. You know, just to spice it up a bit.

Oh, and then you can get everyone to come in drag and mime instead of speak under threat of game losses.

I'd say Ibuki (you know which one I mean) due to her ridiculous nigh unstoppable abilities. Also, Gorgeous Team probably needs to go because it gives a hard answer to an attack every turn once it's in play particularly if Rejection is in the pit and you're female. I'm tempted to say Mystic as well because it's more free recursion but it's much less abusable than Rank and TGT so it's probably alright.

Basically it seems like anything with some sort of free recursion is probably just going to make each game a rush to find that card before your opponent does which really takes away the fun aspect of this tournament. The last thing you want to see is Ibuki looping her uno Rejection with her uno Gorgeous Team and her opponent just sitting there not really being able to do much to it due to her ability, right?

Maybe The Curse Broken as well? Free, reusable effects that never go away and are basically impossible to deal with just suck.

As for the injury assets, they're not a problem by themselves but there are a couple of things like Victor who break them. It might be easier just to ban them rather than pick out all of the other offenders.

Monster Rancher is sweet as a nut.

so who is right one of u says injary assest no no and the other a yes. might wanna decide on a leader :P

Tuesday said:

so who is right one of u says injary assest no no and the other a yes. might wanna decide on a leader :P

It's up to Eggle, what do you say eggle?

Well Dan there is only one way to see we can have a pre regional tournamnet a week Saturday we can test all the problem cards and see what people think we can run it a week Saturday i will let Cathy/Nic know what going on if you can tell everyone to make decks.

Well JJ i am Special you should know that better than anyone and to be fair if i get more than 15 people i think it will be a godo touranment as shown by squiffy not many people will travel and people just want to play with there old Legacy cards :)

If by some miracle it turns out not to be broken totally by a card being overlooked it'll probably be really fun.

Oh, another one - Tira. Wow, she'd be nuts in a format of almost no answers to her offensively or defensively.

Hey Dan,

We can chat about the banned list on Saturday, if you bring a list of what you think the problem cards could be we can chat about it :)

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments

I hope this regionals goes well and I'll work on the finished banned list with both Cathy, Eggle and Dan before to make sure its finished.

Thanks guys

Nic

runnerb3an said:

Hey Dan,

We can chat about the banned list on Saturday, if you bring a list of what you think the problem cards could be we can chat about it :)

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments

I hope this regionals goes well and I'll work on the finished banned list with both Cathy, Eggle and Dan before to make sure its finished.

Thanks guys

Nic

Ok i'll bring a list and we'll discuss it.

Cheers nic

hye guys its Dan B i have a slight problem and i dont hink i will have a deck ready for saturday but i see waht i can do, and another thing does anyone have a Crazy Buffalo form warriors dream there willing to trade cause i really need one for my deck.

Cheers Dan B gran_risa.gif

darkvision said:

hye guys its Dan B i have a slight problem and i dont hink i will have a deck ready for saturday but i see waht i can do, and another thing does anyone have a Crazy Buffalo form warriors dream there willing to trade cause i really need one for my deck.

Cheers Dan B gran_risa.gif

Dan it's not this saturday. It's next saturday ( next week)

Also please upgrade your grammar ¬_¬.

And I've just realised, Unorthodox Style isn't on the banned list!

Umm, banning it with Giradot's Leadership (they even fetch each other....) might be a really good idea? :P

They are quite conditional,

One requires momentum and the other is a 6/3 which requires a card in hand before the draw phase which is quite possible but with nearly every discard effect ever printed legal it is not so likely.

Also we'll find out if they are problematic on Saturday anyway, as nearly all the test decks I've built have them in it should be pretty easy :)

Thanks for the imput