Gaïa 2: Más Allá del Espejo (Gaia 2: Beyond the Mirror)

By DamiFides, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Wow that does sound good that they have English release plans but the quick defence of not leaving FFG sounds bad like it is a foregone conclusion well if it gets me any more Anima I will support any move by the creators to the hilt

My quick response was because I didn't want that rumor to start circulating and potentially cause problems for either the creators or FFG. I wanted to give whatever response here I could without going into details Carlos asked me not to discuss, but now I wonder if I said too much.

My quick response was because I didn't want that rumor to start circulating and potentially cause problems for either the creators or FFG. I wanted to give whatever response here I could without going into details Carlos asked me not to discuss, but now I wonder if I said too much.

Personally I don't think you really said too much. More or less what I got out of it is that someone involved with Anima still very much remembers us and that there is just some unknown obstacle in the way and that as soon as it is cleared they will move forward. In all honesty the obstacle could be literally anything; I mean yeah theoretically it could be plans to leave FFG but I highly doubt that, there could be any number of administrative or economic obstacles holding them back most of which wouldn't be their fault or FFG's fault. I mean heck for all we know they could be on the verge of completing a whole new book for the game, creating a sports team or even founding their own nation so they can fund the project on tax payer's dollars.

Also if you are still worried about having said too much just remember that he most likely is smart enough not to tell you anything that absolutely could never get out or disaster would strike. I mean if he came out and said something like "Well the CEO is standing in our way... so I hired an assassin to eliminate him so we can move forward." and it ever got out..... everything would be over. So in the end even if some of what he said was private, I doubt there is anything he said so private that something would be ruined if exposed.

At least now we know that Carlos has not abandoned us! :)

Rejoice!

Lol my simple comment sure did cause a disruption, I was just kidding LOL.

I own all the Anima books but I've never had the chance to play. I do wonder, however, why the Spanish owners don't follow the "Shadows of Esteren" model and simply Kickstart an English translation and publication?

It works very well for Agate Editions, with every KS far exceeding the goal.

If it's clear FFG has no interest in the license any longer the owner should work to get the rights back and, essentially, self-publish.

Onyx Path, now that I recall, does the same thing with World of Darkness.

If the fans are really there then a Kickstarter shouldn't be an issue.

I own all the Anima books but I've never had the chance to play. I do wonder, however, why the Spanish owners don't follow the "Shadows of Esteren" model and simply Kickstart an English translation and publication?

It works very well for Agate Editions, with every KS far exceeding the goal.

If it's clear FFG has no interest in the license any longer the owner should work to get the rights back and, essentially, self-publish.

Onyx Path, now that I recall, does the same thing with World of Darkness.

If the fans are really there then a Kickstarter shouldn't be an issue.

Whatever comes next, I hope that the translations are improved and the art quality is retained.

Going by the holiday sale, it seems that FFG is getting rid of all of it's existing Anima stock. This could mean that positive changes are coming for Anima or it could mean that Anima in English will not be in print for the foreseeable future.

I'll buy at least 3 copies! One just for the pretty, pretty art, one for use at my game table and the last one as a gift for a poor friend who can't buy any hardcopies!