Gaïa 2: Más Allá del Espejo (Gaia 2: Beyond the Mirror)

By DamiFides, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

When will there be an English translation of this book? Or has Edge completely forgot about the English market since Core Exxet Revised was never released?

http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/index.php?topic=9269.0

"Gaia II is expected to be released in English at the moment the game will be ready."
"For Core Exxet we have to ask more on FFG forums, so they can see peoples interest."

Remember that Anima Studios still loves us, it's Fantasy Flight Games that doesn't care so much about the English Anima market. Which is why we need to show more love for it!

Edited by EvilChildren

Indeed. I really want this to be released. I literally made an account so I could post on this (and Core Exxet) because I would totally buy 10 copies. No joke. Please release the translations! Thank you.

Gaia 2 would be the next purchase I make. I enjoyed reading the first source book. They did an excellent job creating and developing this game world. It was chock full of adventure ideas and back ground material! I vote for an english translation!

Setting books are the best of this project.

This books needs to be translated I must own it .I loved the first one apart from the random non translated bits but still I will buy a copy in English if I have the chance day of release if possible

I'm waiting Gaia II too.

The first one was a real masterpiece.

I forbid my players to traver toward the new continent until the releasing of Gaia II so that we could follow along the official setting :D

I hope it will be translated soon, I'll surely buy my copy at day one :)

In regards to the second Gaia book, well, I'm hoping that they decide to release everything about the main setting of Anima... which, fortunately, includes this book.

Please, FFG, release the books in English!!

I add my sincere request for the translated books, as well as reprinting Those Who Walked. I can't find a copy -anywhere-, but I see reviews that say it's "necessary" and "very helpful to game mechanics".

I would love to get an English Gaia 2! Any new Anima books would be most welcome! :)

Can't wait to see the new continent and the other side of the vale print darn it lol

We definitely need this - I hope the FFG gods are listening :o

I add my sincere request for the translated books, as well as reprinting Those Who Walked. I can't find a copy -anywhere-, but I see reviews that say it's "necessary" and "very helpful to game mechanics".

It IS very useful - I don't know why it's so hard to get. Even the PDF version you pay for is hard as hell to find. But it's like trying to run a D&D game without the Monster Manual essentially.. It really limits the consistency you can have when it comes to encounters.

Put me down as another to purchase Gaia vol. 2, and any additional books that come out

I am thinking about translating the book myself. Would probably go faster than to wait for an official english release. :D

I am thinking about translating the book myself. Would probably go faster than to wait for an official english release. :D

Probably true, would do it myself but don't know Spanish.

Probably true, would do it myself but don't know Spanish.

I thought much the same, so I went ahead and purchased a Spanish pdf copy and have been working to translate it on my own, being carefully to keep it in line with the existing translations found in Gaia Volume 1. Though I'd love to eventually translate the entire book, thus far I've only translated 30 pages or so, mostly focusing on the parts I've been incorporating into my own game, rather than from front to back. Still, its been better than waiting for an official english release. Maybe if the fans provide the translation it would encourage FFG to publish the book someday. I'd certainly be willing to hand over my work for free if it got it done.

"Hello!

I'd like to inquire about the translation of a role playing game book in the Anima - beyond fantasy game. The book as been released in spanish already.

Specifically I'm wondering how the translations of the book "Gaïa 2: Más Allá del Espejo (Gaia 2: Beyond the Mirror)" is going? Is any progress being made? Most of the online communities seem to be eagerly awaiting the english version, so I was hoping on getting at least a tentative date on the release. Or -barring that- at least a clear "Yes/No" if efforts are being made to bring the book to English-speaking audiences. Because if no translation is being made, fan-translation work has to being in earnest.

Have a nice day."

Another member at Cipher Studios forums inquired about Anima Gaia 2 by sending a letter to FFG, the response wasn't very favorable for us sadly. Above is what he sent below is the response.

"Thank you for contacting Fantasy Flight Games. At present we do not have any announcements regarding additional transitions in the Anima line— please keep your eyes on the website for any additional information.

Best,

Britty Ukestad
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team"

8/11/16

Edited by cdcace

Sounds about what I expected it to be. That's too bad :(

If I had a green light from the creators, I'd totally just post what I have translated so others could benefit from it, but I'm not sure what the legal ramifications would be without that approval. What's the best way to contact them about it do you think? Not FFG, but the creators themselves.

Well theres this but its probably only used for Gate Of Memories support. [email protected]

Another one i know of is [email protected]

Got a quick response from Carlos B.Garcia himself to my email. He hasn't given a direct answer yet but is going to skype with me to discuss it further. I'll update here when I have an actual answer. Here's crossing my fingers.

Ooooh this seems very interesting! Hoping for good news :-> Any update regarding the skype call?

Yes, I got to skype with him last week. Though he asked me not to discuss what we talked about openly, what I think I can say is that the conversation was positive and he is very committed to getting Volume 2 published in English, and it's really just a matter of time and waiting. As is, I'm keeping in touch with him and will update when I know something more. Unfortunately, this also means that, for the time being, I'm withholding releasing any of my own translation as well. Not the awesome news we were all hoping for I know, but still something good.

Thus the plans for leaving FFG have begun.... If only that were true.

I never said that was what was going to happen. It's too soon to jump to that conclusion.