Marvel vs Capcom 2

By Wurm-Z, in UFS Off Topic

MarcoPulleaux said:

MvC2 could make PLENTY of fixes and be fine. Just look at TvC <3

You mean Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Cross-Generation of Infinites?

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

MvC2 could make PLENTY of fixes and be fine. Just look at TvC <3

You mean Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Cross-Generation of Infinites?

I'll only say what I know

Almost every character in MvC2 has infinites. However, they not only require precision, but they almost always require the opponent MUST be in the corner. As such, you will never hear anybody complaining about Akuma or Felicia's infinite.

As far as TvC's infinites go, I have no clue how efficient they are. I'm informed that Ryu and Chun-Li are pretty amazingtier, and that every Ryu match I watch is simply punch punch fierce Tatsumaki Shinku Hadoken 'til death.

So, I'll just say that if TvC infinites are as they are in MvC2, in that they only work in the corner and with exact precision, I don't really care. If, however, they work in mid-game much like Magneto or Iron Man, then yeah, eff that.

Also, I'm pretty sure PTX's infinite throw loop CAN be escaped. Don't you cancel a throw by executing a throw yourself at the exact same time? I'm pretty sure that'd work...

A quick study shows that the case of infinites for TvC is as you hoped, Shinji. Corner and precision are required.

HolyDragonCloud said:

A quick study shows that the case of infinites for TvC is as you hoped, Shinji. Corner and precision are required.

Plus, every character has them so it's not like it's one character is better than the others, although I hear Karas is absolutely crazysauce. Which is good because I wanted to field Karalex

Homme Chapeau said:

HolyDragonCloud said:

Plus, every character has them so it's not like it's one character is better than the others, although I hear Karas is absolutely crazysauce. Which is good because I wanted to field Karalex

Eh, well as I'd said, HAVING an infinite doesn't make you better or worse; it's WHERE you can use it that matters. If Iron Man/War Machine didn't have super duper anywhere on screen infinites, they'd still be good, but by a lesser margin, likely to mid tier. Magneto would still be good, but without his infinite, the undisputed top team would be Cable Sentinel Storm (as I believe it is anyways).

And yes, Karas is good. Not sure if as good as Ryu, but certainly in the same tier.

MarcoPulleaux said:

And yes, Karas is good. Not sure if as good as Ryu, but certainly in the same tier.

I hear he is absolutely too awesome.