Marvel vs Capcom 2

By Wurm-Z, in UFS Off Topic

Anyone know the re-release date to download it on ps3? This is one of my fav games of all time....i gots to gets it!!!

Eh...it's supposed to be this Summer, but if it doesn't have any reworking at all (like, um, BALANCING ISSUES) then I could give a crap. It IS a fun game, unless you play competitively, in which all fun goes straight out the window.

Fun game to play with friends and by yourself.

It WON'T be fun to play online, with all the 'Sentinel/insert other characters here' teams

Especially when by other characters I mean Cable, Storm, Magneto.

I will pick it up, only because everything is already unlocked from the get go. I'm quite content with my team of Felicia/Jill/T. Bonne.

well the game is surely to be cheaper than actually buying a hard copy of the game for PS2!

Wurm-Z said:

well the game is surely to be cheaper than actually buying a hard copy of the game for PS2!

Lol I managed to get mine used for 17.99 at Gamestop way back when. I was honestly surprised it remained at that price for as long as it did.

I have a copy for PS2 already =/

I can't wait to smash face/get my face smashed with my old teams of random characters I like =D

ONE FOR JJ!

I have a copy for DC, as well as a copy of 3s and CvS2.

I have hated this game since initial release. 4 buttons = phail. Unbalanced game = phail.

I would much rather play CvS2 than MvC2.

Why don't they just let this game die...release something like Melty Blood or something on PSN...hell, id rather have MvC1 or even XvSF

Smazzurco said:

I have hated this game since initial release. 4 buttons = phail. Unbalanced game = phail.

Why don't they just let this game die...release something like Melty Blood or something on PSN...hell, id rather have MvC1 or even XvSF

1 - Fix snapback brokensauce

2 - Allow Capcom characters to have a chance

Game balanced.

MvC is THE funnest system I've ever encountered. The problem is that the character balance is so IMMENSELY off-kilter that it kills any type of fun competitively, as opposed to say SF4 where tournies are always fun, unless there's Sagat.

Meh, Sagat ain't all that.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Smazzurco said:

1 - Fix snapback brokensauce

2 - Allow Capcom characters to have a chance

Game balanced.

MvC is THE funnest system I've ever encountered. The problem is that the character balance is so IMMENSELY off-kilter that it kills any type of fun competitively, as opposed to say SF4 where tournies are always fun, unless there's Sagat.

I still cant stand the movement to 4 main buttons. Every incarnation of SF has 3 punches, 3 kicks. XvsSF had 3p/3k. MvSF had 3p/3k.

Honestly have never liked this game at all. Then again, i was never a 3s fan either.

I didn't mind the move to 4 buttons, particularly because I rarely use the mediums. But there are characters that are hurt by the change due to loss of pokes, like Cammy.

But to be honest if everyone could separate light/medium, most characters could infinite like Iron Man can by jumping and mashing the light buttons (instead, since everyone is forced to hit medium, there are no long poke sequences).

Yeah, the loss of mediums is one thing I didn't like. But I got used to the simplified button scheme and everything.

I just miss my crouching MK with Ken and my standing MK with Cammy :(

(among other things)

guitalex2008 said:

Meh, Sagat ain't all that.

Sure, except that, when Capcom announced they were making a patch, they had said something akin to:

"We are going to fix the online so that players are penalized for ragequits. Also, we are going to work on a few balancing issues the game has, most notably, Sagat. "

I like the 4-button system because I agree, Mediums are next to worthless. Only certainly characters have some moves that exploit them. Tekken may have its flaws, but every char has a ton of moves within two punches and two kicks.

General rule: Light moves are quicker but deal less damage

Heavy moves are either slower or riskier but deal more damage

Medium is just bollocks. If they ever want Medium to matter, they'll have to do something much like C. Viper, whose three zones of Thunder Knuckles make all the difference.

Also, I like Marvel because it's actually, y'know, fast. Also, assist helps deal with spamwhores and people who just zone-in on your like crazy. If assists were in SF4 (or they just didn't place so much **** emphasis on fireballs), projectile spammers would be warned (although the game would then just be TvC).

On Iron Man (or his juggles)

They need to do a thing similar to Brawl, like how moves "stale" or become weaker the move you use them in succession. Almost every character in MvC2 has a loop. I realize almost all of them work in the corner ONLY, but, they just shouldn't exist, as any skilled player can execute said loop if they manage to get their opponent in a corner.

OK, so...

1. Fix snapbacks

2. Fix loops

3. Not make Marvel characters so obviously better

4. Replace the jazz. Seriously. I love jazz, but the rule of fighting games is that it has to be rock

for everything else, there's techno. It's been scientifically proven that techno music makes you a better gamer.

Jin Saotome, Morrigan, Ken, CAPTAIN FIGGIN' COMMANDO, STRIDER.

Now hush.

MegaGeese said:

Jin Saotome, Morrigan, Ken, CAPTAIN FIGGIN' COMMANDO, STRIDER.

Now hush.

The last two, yes. The others? Uh...

Marvel is literally the only fighting game where I can use every single character to their fullest, but then again, been playing for 5 years, and almost every character has the same set-ups, which is why so many of them suck =/

T Bonne - Hands down one of the most aggressive characters evar made. It's a shame the top 4 exist, because otherwise she'd be a God.
Anakaris + Dhalsim - Fact: Nobody knows how to fight them. Anakaris and Dhalsim are top tier for a reason; juggles up the ass (literally), and, again, nobody takes the time to learn how to use them, thus, nobody knows how to counter them.
B.B. Hood - LOL highest combo super combo ftw. And turtle game is Obama bowling good.
Ruby Heart - Haha corner locks lol. Her spacing is really good. It's too bad they had to go and make her health garbage seeing as how her skill relies entirely on her spacing and not her combos. Oh well.
Ken + Akuma - Fun combo characters are fun. Shoryureppa = lightning fast priority, have you seen it? Ashura Senku = useful. As all hell.
Charlie + Guile - Are just flat-out good. Air combos galore (Guile air super = hot), air throws, and sonic boom simply has more use than Hadoken any day.
M. Bison - King of assists and set-ups, while he alone pretty much eats balls for a living, him with a team or being the assist leads to a gigantic list of set-ups.

There, I just pointed out all of Capcom's pros. And you wanna know why it doesn't matter?

ICE BEAM!

MarcoPulleaux said:

Mediums are next to worthless....

Sorry but my past is in fighting games not TCG/CCG so i was forced to quite reading at this point.

Tekken was designed around 4 buttons. Left/Right =/= Weak/Strong

Meaty strongs very often give frame advantage due to decent recovery time and hit delay. Ryu's jumping mp juggle has been a 3hit + super since Super Turbo....its gone w/o medium. Bison's double air punch is another. Forward (medium kick) is a great poke with many of the cast of MvC2 and playing strider w/o 6 buttons is blasphemy. Not being able to jab, jab, short xx super in a SF game is just wrong.

MvC1 was way more on the right track. 2 was a swing and a miss and just got caught on because of the brokensause infinites and retarded assist 100% glitches (i know im a minority on this one, lol)

Also for jump ins mediums are often a perfect mix of just enough hit stun and not too much knockback.

And um....crossovers....

More so than the light = quick heavy = slow and hard its more like

light = quick short range, medium = long range, decent recovery, heavy = hard, long recovery

You could also go into stun #s, etc

Ken's mp shoryuken has always had more priority than the other 2. Moves like hurricane kick, etc are often used with medium for proper zoning.

I play Street Fighter 4. That is my 6-button game of choice.

I rarely EVER use MP or MK. I do realize they have their uses, and certain characters exploit them (as you mentioned), but for the most part, I rarely ever use them.

Also, everytime I EVER see Tatsumaki used, it is used in the following circumstances:

1) Light Tatsumaki is used either because it's a short kick (and thus isn't generally whiffed or punished) or because Light Tatsu goes over a fallen opponent and can lead to mix-up game.

2) Light Tatsu is also used for Akuma's combo that ends in his Shoryuken.

3) Roundhouse/Heavy Tatsu is used for maximum damage

Keep in mind, I'm speaking only on SF4. I don't play 3S because 3S is one of the worst fighters ever.

M. Bison in SF4 wouldn't be nearly as good without MK. It's his jumping cross-up move, amazing crouching poke, and his best ground poke (knowing when to standing HK or MK is a necessary part of playing the Bison.)

as for MP... well, Jumping MP->MP is the only way to combo into my ultra <_<

course talking about Akuma, MK is also very important for him, not when it comes to specials, but that crouching MK is harsh.

Crouching MK for ANY shoto is simple Footsy bread n' butter.

MarcoPulleaux said:

I play Street Fighter 4. That is my 6-button game of choice.

I rarely EVER use MP or MK. I do realize they have their uses, and certain characters exploit them (as you mentioned), but for the most part, I rarely ever use them.

Also, everytime I EVER see Tatsumaki used, it is used in the following circumstances:

1) Light Tatsumaki is used either because it's a short kick (and thus isn't generally whiffed or punished) or because Light Tatsu goes over a fallen opponent and can lead to mix-up game.

2) Light Tatsu is also used for Akuma's combo that ends in his Shoryuken.

3) Roundhouse/Heavy Tatsu is used for maximum damage

Keep in mind, I'm speaking only on SF4. I don't play 3S because 3S is one of the worst fighters ever.

I also think 3S is garbage...CvS2 is my game of choice. And mk tatsu is the ONLY way to link akuma's jumping fp, lp, cr. fp, mk tatsu, lp shoryuken >> CC or Super

Lots of combos rely on mediums to properly connect. Rolento is completely unplayable without his jumping mp. Standing crossups in SF4 such as f+mp with ryu.

If MvC2 was a "new" game (at the time) created with 4 buttons it would be one thing (see tekken). But adapting a 6 button game to 4 buttons ruined it for me.

And the brokenness of this game is unparralled. Are they going to fix cables jumping unblockable? Magnetos 100% d+fp juggle? Even if they do, this game (on high level play) is nothing but assist traps, infinities, etc

and in SF4 i guess you also don't play guile, cause his crouching mp is awesome. May i ask who you do play? Every character we mention with a use for a medium you seem to not play, curious who you do play :)

CvS2 is fun, but I hear of this "roll cancel" glitch and cry =/

That, and I don't really play games where Sagat is any good.

MvC2 could make PLENTY of fixes and be fine. Just look at TvC <3

I love Guile, and do use him. It's too bad Guile is undeniably the worst character ever (although I personally think Vega's worse, Guile is just...ugh).

in SF4 my main is currently Dan, but I plan on using C Viper, who, as we established, utilizes her Mids like crazy.

I also main Ryu, and have yet to care about his mids.

i too enjoy this game but despise it when it comes to competative play. I had a fun team of all street fighter characters (guile, cammy, ryu) that i learned to use pretty well against my friends. really though when it gets to the competative level all the teams look pretty much identical

GeneralReaction89 said:

i too enjoy this game but despise it when it comes to competative play. I had a fun team of all street fighter characters (guile, cammy, ryu) that i learned to use pretty well against my friends. really though when it gets to the competative level all the teams look pretty much identical

Interestingly enough, your team is plenty competitive. While I see no use in Ryu, Guile and Cammy have plenty of uses.

There's no denying MvC2 competition is lame, which is why I only attend ones with giant banlists (which are like...never lol). Ones that ban any top or high tier character.

When you're in a realm surrounded by guys like Charlie, BBHood, Ruby, Colossus, Wolverine, etc, life starts to feel MUCH better :)

I like how there is all this talk of high level play and I hear no mention of Team Storm Magneto Psylocke.

TripsEX said:

I like how there is all this talk of high level play and I hear no mention of Team Storm Magneto Psylocke.

Because SHUT THE HELL UP! =P

Why mention them? I think anybody here who plays Marvel is aware of the top tier teams.

But seriously, if you wanna discuss Marvel, discuss people in the mid tier and below. There's no point nor joy in discussing the finer points of Storm -_-

And honestly, as a competitive Marvel player, let me just say one thing:

Screw Pixies. Strider, Psylocke, and even Strider can all go eat a D. Strider is fun, but he loves him some D Doom. Psylocke just F that (I STILL have yet to see how she's any good), and Magneto, while amazing on so many levels, has just too low of health for me to care.

I've never had a consistant Marvel team, but BB Hood tends to make it to almost any team I ever make. Cool Hunting is simply far too useful, and her turtle game is STOOPID good for a game as fast as Marvel. LOL at standing FK, wtf? Landmine? OK ^_^