Pre errata Bolter Stats

By andysyk1, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

Hi

How many people still use pre errata Bolter Stats?

I am thinking of using the OW ROF rules along with the original Bolter stats as this fits my view best. How many do this?

Andy

Original stats are so broken and here is why...double the chance for Rightous Fury. I played through our first two sessions of the campaign and I was getting frequent and ridiculous results from the marines bolters. No to mention the heavy bolter - yuck.

So for DW, use the errata for SURE.

Original stats are so broken and here is why...double the chance for Rightous Fury. I played through our first two sessions of the campaign and I was getting frequent and ridiculous results from the marines bolters. No to mention the heavy bolter - yuck.

I absolutely agree. In the early days of this Forum, before the Errata came out, there were numerous posts from gamers bragging about dropping Hive Tyrants with a single full-auto burst! When you have to field Hive Tyrants in units because just one can't hope to survive a single round, something is very wrong with this picture...

I absolutely agree. In the early days of this Forum, before the Errata came out, there were numerous posts from gamers bragging about dropping Hive Tyrants with a single full-auto burst! When you have to field Hive Tyrants in units because just one can't hope to survive a single round, something is very wrong with this picture...

This is STILL almost an issue for my group because there are 6-7 players. So I have to give them a hive tyrant AND a bunch of friends. Otherwise if they just focus fire on the Tyrant it will not survive more than 1-2 rounds.

No one with a common sense still use pre-errata op stats.

2d seriously? + tearing attribute? righteous fury everytime, against avery foes.

I have plays 3 sessions with pre-errata rules, twice as player and once as GM. And after than our devastator inflict over fifty damages in one shot to compare with my poor chainsword or other weapons. After all of these Tyranid warriors vaporised without a single chance to play. We decide to apply errata.

Now the game is better balanced. Now you need to be lucky, if you want inflict great damage with one bolt.

The other major problem was that Righteous Fury used to mean that you rolled the whole weapon's damage again, rather than just an additional 1d10. This change had been introduced in Rogue Trader, but no one really noticed it then, and as most of the weapons didn't have multiple damage dice it rarely much mattered anyway (would mean an additional 2-5 damage normally as they got to include the bonus as well as the straight 1d10 roll). It wasn't so much that Righteous Fury was common, but the chain explosions that this tended to cause. Full Auto Heavy bolter + 3 damage dice rolled + auto confirm against aliens meant Righteous Fury was almost inevitable, and as you rolled those 3 dice again chain explosions just become almost routine. Changing them to 2 dice (1d10 + x, Tearing) rolled and only rolling 1d10 for the bonus damage help significantly with this.

Our group of players have desided to make restrictions on RF instead, since with the new damage rules on weapon a standard space Marine can do more damage with his combatknife than with almost any bolter weapon. Seriously a weapon fireing minirockets makes less damage than a knife. And there not many advesaries, if you check the Mark of Xenos book, you do more than light damage on if you don't roll very high on the damge-roll. The damage on the weapons are broken yes, but I rather change the rules on RF than spend 90% or more of the gamesession on combat. But that is just my five cents.

In my experience, pre-errata stats work fine if you couple them with the OW rules set.