FFG Developer Answered Questions

By kaosoe, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Move power, Control upgrade. Combined check with ranged skill to attack. What skill?

Also already answered in the book. Look in the skill entry for Discipline.

When during character creation do you make the choices you are given for your race? I ask because humans get ranks non-career skills, but you choose race before you choose career and specialization. If you choose when you choose race, you can put those ranks in any 2 skills, because you don’t have any career skills yet. If you don’t choose until later, is it before or after spending starting xp?

Added the following questions:

Morality and Conflict
Question asked by Blackbrid888 :
Regarding the Force and Destiny rulebook and morality rules: Page 52 mentions some reasons on why a PC might not roll to resolve Conflict at the end of a session, such as the player being absent or the character being incapacitated. I seem to understand, but does this mean that a character has to actually be confronted with an event during a session where they stand to gain conflict, even if he does not gain any at all, before he would roll to resolve his conflict and gain morality, and in sessions where characters never gain conflict because they are never confronted with such a scenario crops up, they would not roll and gain any morality?

Answered by Sam Stewart :
A character should not roll to gain Morality if they had no moral choices to make (i.e. chances to gain Conflict) in a session. These chances to gain Conflict could have been concrete mechanical choices (i.e. the PC had a Force power and chose not to use Dark Side results to generate Force Points) or narrative choices (i.e. the PC chose to not murder someone or steal something). Arguably, these situations should always come up in the course of playing a regular game session, although it is always possible that a PC may spend the entire session locked in a workshop building a device, or maybe healing in a bacta tank. Of course, if the player is not present to play, then his PC should certainly not gain Morality.

Committing Force Die multiple times
Question asked by LethalDose :
The ongoing force powers allow characters to commit force dice to activate benefits. Is it possible to commit *more* force dice than is listed to receive the a greater benefit from the power? This, of course, provided the power does not explicitly forbid it. Example: A Jedi has Agi 2, Force rating 3, and Enhance with all of it's upgrades. Is it allowed for the Jedi, with a single activation of enhance's Agi control upgrade, to commit 2 (or all 3) of his force dice to said upgrade, increasing his Agi from 2 to 4 (or to 5, if all force dice are used). If not, is there *any* way for the Jedi to use Enhance's ongoing effects to increase either Brawn or Agility by *more* than one point.

Unless the upgrade states otherwise, you may commit additional Force dice to increase the power. Thus, in your example, you may increase your Agility by as much as plus three, in the scenario you describe.
In a further response, he clarified that this is not considered multiple activations, but activating the effect once and triggering it multiple times.

Using the Move power to fly
Question asked by Awayputurwpn :
Is the Move power designed to allow the Force user (the one using the power) to fly? Barring that, can a Force user levitate something that he is standing on, and in *that* manner fly around? My take is that it allows the Force user to affect anything outside himself, but not his own body or things that he is standing on. That's what we went with, but I would appreciate any insight into the intent of the power's design!

Move was actually left a little intentionally vague on that regard, because we wanted people to have the chance to come up with their own creative uses when necessary. So, to answer your question; yes, it’s not unreasonable that you could use Move to fly.

However, as with anything, there are some caveats and risks involved. First, you’ll be using pretty much all your concentration to keep yourself aloft, and moving very slowly. (In game terms, you’re spending at least an action every turn to activate the Move power, and move somewhere). In addition, once you’re aloft, failing that Force power check is going to have some very unpleasant consequences!

You could turn to the “Moving and Duration” sidebar on page 299 for some ideas on how to commit a die to stay hovering, rather than making a check every turn. However, if I was the GM I would be well within my rights to say that while you could “hover” in place by committing a die, if you wanted to actually move somewhere else, you’d need to make another check. In addition, if you keep trying to keep yourself aloft, you’re going to tire yourself out quickly, and start suffering strain (also covered in that sidebar).

In short, it is possible to Move yourself with Move. However, it’s difficult, slow, and potentially dangerous, which is why most Jedi use Enhance to get around, or just purchase an airspeeder!

Critical Injuries and Minions
Question asked by Braendig :
When hitting a minion group with enough advantages to activate a critical on a weapon twice, should the player choose to activate both critical effects (the initial critical and the second for +10 to the critical result), how many minions should be eliminated from the group?

Since you can only inflict one critical per hit (the “second” that you mention is just enhancing the ability of the original critical, and is not actually a second critical hit in its own right), activating a critical multiple times on a weapon that only inflicts a single hit would not eliminate any additional minions from the group.

Stacking Defense
3 Brawn
Sentinel: Shien Expert
1 Rank Defensive Training
Wearing Armored Robes
Wielding a Riot Shield (Left Hand) and a
Shoto Lightsaber with a fully Modified
Lorridian Gemstone and a
fully Modified Curved Hilt ? And why? How would the various defenses stack?"

Ranged Defense 2
Melee Defense 3

The modified lightsaber would be the source of the defense, because it has the highest ranged and melee defenses. The shoto lightsaber has no innate defense, but the Llordian Gemstone comes with Defensive 1. Its mods allow you to increase the weapon’s defense. Same goes for the curved hilt, its mods also allow you to increase the weapon’s defense.

All of the other defensive sources are from different items, and do not stack

Combat Difficulty Design
Question asked by Josep Maria :
I understand that game is focused on cinematic style, thing that I enjoy so much. You should see my player and me every time we roll looking exited ot the dices waiting that the result tell us an awesome story XD Its and incredible sensation that we forgot long time ago. Mechanics isn't just only the way, with Edge is also the STORY! Sorry my question XD

I told you before, but I love the concept that a character gets incapacited/killed just with only 1-4 shots (generally). No more HP200 barbarians or elite soldiers with d12 XD

But also I have to say that hit% seems so high. I understand that every combat roll can be easily a movie scene about 1-3 minutes long, but hit% seems so high.

In general therms a "pseudo Boba Fett" can be hit easily by a pack of Storm Troopers because he only is a 2-3 Purples and above 2-3 Setbacks.

Force Sensitives can stand a bit more thanks to Sense Commit upgrades (that can be stacked?) but the difference doesn't seems so much higher.

I know that spending Strain with Dodges, Side Steps and other talents you can gain some upgrades. Also there is the armor/cover bonuses, but, in general therms (based on a forum sample XD) naked uncle Lars and naked pseudo Boba have the same defense. Get more than 2 Dodges is pretty difficult to achieve, so Boba would be (paying 2 Strain) 2 Reds instead 2 Purple. He would be hit but would get more Threats.

I'm seeking for some point of view to understand if there is any reason to this. Not a mechanical reason, a CONCEPT reason.
Mechanics are almost pretty clear (only there a are a few confusing things like the Commit one), but in generals therms is pretty clear,so, probably I need some designers concept point of view to interpretate that situations. I'm wrong?

Thanks again for all to your team and yourself, and please continue creating those awesome things.

As far as your question goes, conceptually there were several reasons why we made combat values static numbers, although as you point out, there are quite a few mechanical reasons why we did so as well! However, as per your request, I won't delve too deeply into the mechanical reasons.

Conceptually, the dice system fits our vision of combat, because we see Critical Injuries as proper injuries, and wounds more as wear, tear, minor cuts, bruises, sore muscles, grazes, and minor burns. Basically, wounds are being battered, but Critical Injuries are the actual injuries that can put you on your back.

So by keeping the difficulty of combat checks simple, we acknowledge that it may not be too hard to get hit, but being hit isn't the same thing as being badly injured. Being hit more easily also creates interesting choices and combat dynamics. If a PC gets injured, the player has to decide whether to spend his next turn getting to cover, using a stim pack, or taking the riskier approach of continuing to fight and hoping to overcome his opponent.

Another conceptual reason is that we wanted basic combat rules to be simple and intuitive, while complexity would be added as PCs grew in ability. A PC's first combat will probably be fairly simple; allowing him to learn the basics of how to fight. Then, as he starts purchasing talents such as Dodge, Side Step, or Sixth Sense, he can introduce them to subsequent combats.

Aiming
Question asked by 2P51 (Paraphrased) :
How man rounds can a character spend aiming. What would the maximum benefit be? And can you aim across multiple rounds?

You can only put a maximum of two maneuvers into the Aim maneuver, so you are only ever going to get +2 Boost dice. You can spend the prior round aiming, in which case any additional maneuvers, actions, or damage you suffer that exceeds soak is going to cancel that bonus.

Obligation
Question asked by 2P51 (Paraphrased) :
When taking on additional obligation during character creation, can the options only be purchased once? Or can you receive the same benefit multiple times.

Yes, it means that you could take each of those options once. However, from a practical standpoint, you also cannot take more additional Obligation than your starting Obligation. If you refer to Table 2-2, you’ll see that the maximum total additional Obligation you could take is 20, and that’s only if there are two PCs in the game. So there is no scenario in which you could take +15 XP and +3500 credits.

Edited by kaosoe

My question:

Can the Superior customization attachment be applied to weapons with the Inferior quality? Does it remove that quality, or do you apply both? Related, and possibly just errata, but in Dangerous Covenants, it lists the arg'garok as having "Inferior 1". Inferior is not a ranked quality; is this intended to have Inaccurate 1, or is the "1" errata and it is intended to be Inferior?

Answer:

You technically apply both, but in most cases, they simply cancel each other out (specifically weapons, or armor that does not have defence). In these cases, it can just be simpler to remove both qualities from the weapon’s profile.
As to your second point, the “1” is an error, and will be corrected in errata and future printings. Thanks!
Hope this helps!

Sam Stewart

Question: Do Cybernetics stack? If a character were to purchase two +1 agility cybernetic arms, would their agility be increased by 2? What if it were an arm and a leg? Do +1 brawn cybernetics -also- increase the number of cybernetics capable of being implanted on a character? If so, then they're essentially "free" cybernetics -- character starts at 2 brawn, 2 cybernetics available. Add 1 brawn from cybernetics, now brawn 3 with 1 implant, 2 cybernetics available...

Answer: Bonuses from multiple cybernetics do stack, to the maximum bonus of 7 for characteristics, and 6 for skills. +1 brawn cybernetics also increase your cybernetics cap.

Just got a dev reply: you can Sunder armour, even if it has the Cortosis quality.

My question:

Rules Question:
Hi, I have a question concerning the Cortosis quality in the Star Wars RPG line. It states that weapons become immune to Sunder whereas armour becomes immune to Pierce and Breach. So, can you still Sunder an armour with the Cortosis quality? Cheers!

Dev (Sam) response:

Rules as written, that is correct. You can Sunder the armor with Cortosis.

Hope that helps!

Question:

After some digging I have found that there is a difference among the descriptions of Magnitude Upgrades, albeit a small one. The difference can be split into three groups:

- Ones with the word "additional" in it. e.g. Battle Meditation: Spend FP to affect a number of additional targets equal to Presence per rank of Magnitude purchased.

- Ones with the word "increase" in it. e.g. Move: Spend FP to increase targets affected equal to Magnitude upgrades purchased.

- And Warde Foresee which has neither "Additional" or "Increase" in it.

My question is, why the difference? If they are all suppose to function the same, then why change the wording?

- Are the Magnitude Upgrades with the word "increase" capped by the number of upgrades purchased?

-- If so, then are the Magnitude Upgrades with the word "additional" capped by the number of FP spent times the number of upgrades purchased? Meaning the more FP spent on Magnitude than the more targets one can affect?

Answer:

Hello,

Both upgrades work the same, despite the the difference in word use.
Hope this helps!

Sam Stewart
RPG Manager
Fantasy Flight Games

Stacking Defense

3 Brawn

Sentinel: Shien Expert

1 Rank Defensive Training

Wearing Armored Robes

Wielding a Riot Shield (Left Hand) and a

Shoto Lightsaber with a fully Modified

Lorridian Gemstone and a

fully Modified Curved Hilt ? And why? How would the various defenses stack?"

Ranged Defense 2

Melee Defense 3

The modified lightsaber would be the source of the defense, because it has the highest ranged and melee defenses. The shoto lightsaber has no innate defense, but the Llordian Gemstone comes with Defensive 1. Its mods allow you to increase the weapon’s defense. Same goes for the curved hilt, its mods also allow you to increase the weapon’s defense.

All of the other defensive sources are from different items, and do not stack

I really have to say, this answer is unsettling. It is not supported by the wording of the rules at all.

I understand the idea that you don't want someone to put a suit of armor over the top of another suit of armor. So when an item outright says "Defense 2" then it's flat out setting the value. But that's not really "the armor's" Defense value, that's "the character's" Defense value, right?

And just about every other source says it affects the characters.

F&D pg 143, Forewarning

"All allies within medium range increase their melee and ranged defense by a number equal to the character’s Force rating until they take their first turn during an encounter." Now if everybody in the party were carrying the Riot Shield mentioned above (which grants Melee 2 / Ranged 2) then this Talent is completely pointless unless you have Force 3+.

F&D pg 163, Defensive (Passive)

"A character wielding a weapon with the Defensive quality increases his melee defense by the weapon’s Defensive rating." This doesn't say that it increases the weapon's Defense, it says "his" as in the character's Defense. And if you're increasing, that means it's getting bigger than before.

I can see why someone would want to prevent stacking on top of stacking like the over-geared example above, since it equates to Melee 6 / Ranged 5 by the end, and that's an awful lot of dice. But I think it's easier to balance that by saying people can't carry a Lightsaber and a full size Riot Shield at the same time and use either one effectively. Not to say that wearing Armor or training Talents is pointless b/c an unTalented, naked Jedi with a Lightsaber will have more Defense than a Talented, Armored Jedi with a Lightsaber.

Either that, or all the places in the book where it refers to "increase their defense" need to come out. Every item just needs to say "grants Defense 1" or "increases the Defense of this item". That way it's very obvious it's a static value with no chance of going any further.

On defense, don't worry, looks like that response might of been a bit hasty. Recently sent this:

Rules Question:

The Defensive talent is worded as:

"Defensive (passive): Defensive weapons are particularly good at fending off incoming melee attacks. A character wielding a weapon with the Defensive quality increases his melee defense by the weapon’s Defensive rating."

The Deflection talent is similar, but for ranged defense. When it says it "increases his melee defense," how does this interact with a character?

I understand there can only be one source of a ranged/melee defense rating in effect, but this "increase" wording seems to indicate that it is there to work around the "one source" limitation.

If my character is wearing armored clothing (defense 1), and I am wielding a Defensive 1 weapon, does this mean that I have melee defense 2, ranged defense 1? Or, when it says "increases his melee defense" is that speaking specifically of the character, and as such its a choice between the -character's- melee defense of 1, or the armour's melee defense of one?

How does this work with dual wielding? If I have a weapon with Defensive 1 in one hand, and Deflection 2 in the other hand, do I have a total of ranged defense 2 and melee defense 1, or is it only one or the other (i.e. does a weapon need to be selected as the "primary")? How does this work if stacking the same quality and dual wielding? Defense 2 on both weapons. They're both "increasing" the same target melee defense value (either my armor or my character, as per above answers), so it doesn't seem to violate the multiple sources principle.

Or is the increasing terminology incorrect and the weapon with the deflection/defensive property actually just "gives" a ranged/melee defense rating.

And got the response

We are currently re-evaluating how personal scale defense works in the game, and may have a more comprehensive answer in the future. So at this point, we cannot answer your question. Sorry about that

Which I guess isn't all that helpful if you actually want an answer to the question. But at least it seems to return things back to the state the FAQ left them in:

Q. Some armor, talents, and item qualities provide a static defense value, while others specifically increase a defense value. How do they interact?

A. When a character can choose between two static defense values, (for example, if he is in cover and is wearing armor that has a defense value), he chooses the better of the two values. Then any armor, talents, and item qualities he has that “increase” his defense value are added to the static value he chose. (Cover has been clarified in the errata to reflect this.)

Which does indicate that "increases" are still applied to armor.

Also, the real balance problem is dual wielding temple guard shotos with lorradian gemstones, curved hilts, and all available defensive/deflection mods. If dual wielding stacks, it equates to something like melee defense 10, ranged defense 4 from just the equipped weapons, which are only "increasing" a static defense value. Its pretty clear the system needs a bit of clarification/errata.

Until we get further clarification, my current house rule is that a character can only benefit from the defensive/deflection weapon traits up to an amount equal to the associated weapon's skill, and only the lowest skill may be used if dual wielding different types of weapons. The cap is separate for both defensive/deflection qualities too (i.e. if I have Lightsaber 3, but a Defensive 4 Deflection 2 lightsaber, I could get +3 melee defense and +2 ranged defense total), just to keep things simple. Makes sense to me at least, and it seems like it would be the simplest to shoehorn into the system. I'd say dual wielding should stack, simply because that seems like a slightly more complication rule to add to the system.

Edited by KommissarK

Does Brawn, Armor & Force power Protect stack?

Example.

Brawn = 2
Armored Robes = 2

Force protect with 3 willpower & 2 successe = 5

Is soak against one attack 9 or just 5?

Does Brawn, Armor & Force power Protect stack?

Example.

Brawn = 2

Armored Robes = 2

Force protect with 3 willpower & 2 successe = 5

Is soak against one attack 9 or just 5?

Unless there's errata or something that says otherwise...

F&D pg 213, Soak

Soak stacks when it is from different sources, such as heavy assault armor and subdermal plating. Multiple applications of the same source do not stack, however. A character cannot wear three suits of heavy assault armor and stack the soak bonuses from each.

Since those are all different sources, it should be Soak 9.

Edited by bkoran

Stacking is an issue and I feel they need to be unambiguous about it. I feel the best way to handle it is to not have things that cost the same resource stack.

I feel that it makes narrative sense for a character with Defensive Training to use a lightsaber pike in a guarded attack, so it should also make mechanical sense as well.

So for defense, a character could benefit from one talent, one personal item, and one maneuver; since they cost XP, credits, and activities respectively. They would receive the sum of the greatest benefit from each of those categories. Likewise an Item Quality or weapon attribute could only be increased by a single attachment (including its mods). Implementing that change would require a good deal of errata with how those qualities and talents are worded, but prevents a lot of the abuse while still allowing characters to benefit from synergy.

That said a character with Sixth Sense and a fully modified Lorrdian Gemstone guard shoto has undesirably high ranged defense of 5 under that system, but I don't see a good way around it without making it so attachments can't improve existing Item Qualities or changing those specific items.

Stacking is an issue and I feel they need to be unambiguous about it. I feel the best way to handle it is to not have things that cost the same resource stack.

I feel that it makes narrative sense for a character with Defensive Training to use a lightsaber pike in a guarded attack, so it should also make mechanical sense as well.

So for defense, a character could benefit from one talent, one personal item, and one maneuver; since they cost XP, credits, and activities respectively. They would receive the sum of the greatest benefit from each of those categories. Likewise an Item Quality or weapon attribute could only be increased by a single attachment (including its mods). Implementing that change would require a good deal of errata with how those qualities and talents are worded, but prevents a lot of the abuse while still allowing characters to benefit from synergy.

That said a character with Sixth Sense and a fully modified Lorrdian Gemstone guard shoto has undesirably high ranged defense of 5 under that system, but I don't see a good way around it without making it so attachments can't improve existing Item Qualities or changing those specific items.

The non-stacking method is my understanding on how it was intended to work. Whether or not the upcoming errata intends to reword what we have to be clearer (which is my suspicion), change it so that different sources stack, or change it so only a few sources stack is anyone's guess, but there you go.

And this thread is generally intended to simply post the developer's questions we get, not discuss them in depth.

Correct. If you actually want to ask the real developers a question, you need to use the form on their site to send them an e-mail message. They will send an e-mail message back (usually within a few days).

You can then post the summary of your question and their response in this thread.

Correct. If you actually want to ask the real developers a question, you need to use the form on their site to send them an e-mail message. They will send an e-mail message back (usually within a few days).

You can then post the summary of your question and their response in this thread.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do the opposite? Ask questions in a public forum, and have the Devs reply with their private account for all to see. That way you can tell it was them saying it.

Take this post ^ for example; it says the quote is from bradknowles, on 22 Jan 2016. That is confirmed.

bkoran asks: Hey, do you guys think I'm totally awesome?

bradknowles replied: Yeah totally! You're the coolest guy in the entire universe! Even Han Solo is envious.

This... is not confirmed. But it looks legit. =)

Wouldn't it make more sense to do the opposite? Ask questions in a public forum, and have the Devs reply with their private account for all to see. That way you can tell it was them saying it.

Take this post ^ for example; it says the quote is from bradknowles, on 22 Jan 2016. That is confirmed.

If the developers had time to read the forums, then yes. But they don’t.

They don’t really have time to read the e-mail that is sent directly to them when you use the web form on the FFG website, but at least those messages go into the same queue that they do have to read anyway, so they’re more likely to get a response — even if it takes a few weeks.

So, if you actually want to talk to the developers and send them questions, you do so privately, via their web form. Pretty much everything that happens here on the Forums is down to the community itself.

What is the coolest guy on the planet, way cooler than bradknowles.

I'm pretty sure that if we were talking about Soak + Soak, yes it would stack. Protect has a slight difference in wording, but the result is the same.

The user makes a Protect power check and rolls an Average Discipline check as part of the pool. Spend [force pips] to reduce damage from an energy-based weapon that hits himself or an engaged character by amount equal to Willpower plus 1 per success.

Since you're reducing damage, then applying Soak, you definitely get the benefits of your brawn, armor, and power :) . I mean, Protect, in effect, increases Soak, so it's odd that the talent didn't just say so, but oh well.

Edited by verdantsf

I may just be tired, but I have a likely silly question. Does the H-7 Equalizer line for damage include the benefit it receives? (Sorry for vagueness, not sure how little or how much is allowed to be said about exact stats)

The way I am reading it is that the damage number does not include that benefit.

Edited by SteelEagle

It does, and I think that is an included answer in the first page answers.

It does, and I think that is an included answer in the first page answers.

Ahh, my bad. I fell for "Equalizer" search failure prompt, haha. Cool beans, good to know.

Rules Question:
When you are purchasing a business or homestead using the rules presented in Far Horizons, can you use Master Merchant to reduce the 50,000 credit price by 25%? Can you use it to reduce the Obligation by 1?

Could you suffer 4 strain to both reduce the cost by 25% and the Obligation by 1?

Can you use it to reduce the cost of the upgrades? Can you use it to reduce the obligation gain of the upgrades?

If so, is the minimum Obligation gained 1 or 0?

For the homestead, I noted that you are limited to purchasing 3 of the 4 available security upgrades. Is there anything to stop someone from purchasing every security upgrade except the security droid, then going out and purchasing the security droid separately for it's 9600 price tag (7200 with a successful use of Master Merchant)?

LMK, thanks,

Damon A Simms

Hello Mr. Simms,

To the first part of your question; you would only be able to use Master Merchant once since the purchase of a Homestead is one purchase. Master Merchant may be triggered once per acquisition, so you could only suffer 2 strain to reduce the cost or the Obligation, but not both.

When you purchase upgrades, these are additional purchases, so the same rules apply. You can reduce the Obligation, or the cost for each upgrade, but not both.

And yes, you can find a security droid and purchase it, although finding it requires you to use all the usual rules for finding and buying something. Taking it as a homestead upgrade does not.

Hope this helps!

Sam Stewart

RPG Manager

Fantasy Flight Games

Sam,

You missed a question in the middle there, so I have a follow up question: Is there a minimum obligation increase when using Master Merchant to purchase an upgrade for a business or homestead?

Some of the upgrades for a homestead or business are x credits or +1 obligation (NPC Ally or Landing Bay for a homestead, and special orders or wholesale prices for a business).

For those upgrades can you only use Master Merchant to reduce the credit cost by 25%, or could you choose take on the obligation and use Master Merchant to reduce it to 0 or is it a minimum of +1 obligation?

Essentially, going the Obligation route could you use Master Merchant to convince someone that it is in their best interest to help your business or homestead, by applying x upgrade and have the obligation increase actually be +0?

LMK, thanks,

Damon A Simms

RAW, you could potentially reduce it to 0 Obligation. However, the GM would be perfectly within his rights to argue that you can’t take on no Obligation for those upgrades. After all, the +1 Obligation also represents the time and resources (and upkeep) you have to spend on the upgrades, not just the money.

So overall, I’d say it depends on your GM. If you come up with a good narrative reason for it, then it’s fine. But if the GM says “no” then I think he or she has a good basis for that.

Hope that helps!

Sam Stewart

RPG Manager

Fantasy Flight Games

Q: Assuming that you have at least 1 rank in brawl, do your fists count as a brawl weapon for the purpose of satisfying the defensive training talent?

A: Hello Mr. ****,

As written, fists never count as brawl weapons. In this case, weapons would refer to items being wielded. However, if your GM wishes to rule that your fists count as weapons, that is certainly a reasonable house rule!
Hope that helps!

Sam Stewart
RPG Manager
Fantasy Flight Games
Edited by EliasWindrider

Assuming that you have at least 1 rank in brawl, do your fists count as a brawl weapon for the purpose of satisfying the defensive training talent?

This is were we ask questions. Then we post the answers here for others' benefit.

Realized I never posted a question/response here, only in the thread the question came up in.

Sense Power and Vehicles/Starships

Question:

Would somebody piloting a starship or vehicle be able to use the Sense Control upgrade to upgrade incoming attacks against the vehicle?

Answer:

In answer to your rules question about Sense working while piloting vehicles; as written it would not work, since the attack targets the vehicle, and not the character. However, if the GM wanted to house-rule that it does work, I would limit it to particularly nimble and responsible vehicles; generally those with at least speed 3, and a silhouette no higher than 3.
Hope this helps!

Sam Stewart
RPG Manager
Fantasy Flight Games
Edited by Lathrop