The Real Comprehensive Rules and Rulings Thread (from Heart Forums)(PLEASE RESTICKY)

By Roxas2, in Rules Discussions

No problemo sir. I'm not the pseudo - head judge for nothin. lol.

*looks at Rob Kouba* ^_^ ;;

Two questions today..

1) If I Pan (EDIT: ANSWERED ALREADY) Beast or Herc on Behmoth does THAT count as battleing??? (In respons to that other question about this card that you answered) how do you play magic out side of your battle phase and kill heartless??

2) Can I have two Leons in play at the same time since he can not be discarded does the "same name rule apply"??

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere else :)

BDC said:

Two questions today..

1) If I Pan (EDIT: ANSWERED ALREADY) Beast or Herc on Behmoth does THAT count as battleing??? (In respons to that other question about this card that you answered) how do you play magic out side of your battle phase and kill heartless??

2) Can I have two Leons in play at the same time since he can not be discarded does the "same name rule apply"??

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere else :)

1) No, that doesn't count as battling. You can play magic outside of the battle phase because it's one of the steps taken in the action phase that allow you to damage Dark cards without entering battle.

2) Yes because you have to discard one to play the other.

I'm not sure if someone asked this, but I just noticed something on the Xaldin card. It says Nobodies used as Friend cards count as Friend cards and DARK cards. Wouldn't that mean that the Dusk card would no longer give nor receive it's bonus?

WeirdUsername said:

I'm not sure if someone asked this, but I just noticed something on the Xaldin card. It says Nobodies used as Friend cards count as Friend cards and DARK cards. Wouldn't that mean that the Dusk card would no longer give nor receive it's bonus?

Dark is just an Umbrella term for the anatagonists, it splits into Heartless, Villian, Nobody, XIII so yes it would still recieve the bonus.

This is about using magic outside of battle in the action phase. Okay, during the action phase, you can use as many friends and magic friends as well as as many attack cards and magic cards as you want to get rid of the heartless on your world card. And if there are any heartless left on the world card, all damage on them are gone, and they are back to their power. Now what I want to know is, if I can use magic outside of the battle phase, do the damage on them stay or do they dissappear?

Like say I am in my action phase, I have 2 large bodies and a barrel spider. So that is a total of 36 power on my world card. I don't have enough friend to get rid of them now. Can I use magic, say fire on the large body outside the battle, dealing 4 damage on it, leaving 13-4=9 hp left? And since that's outside the battle, will it stay at 9 even when I end my action phase? Or will it go back to 13 and I have to deal with it another action phase? So basically what I'm asking is if I use fire on a heartless in my world, will the damage stay on it or will it disappear when I end my action phase? Thank you.

Ichiban829 said:

This is about using magic outside of battle in the action phase. Okay, during the action phase, you can use as many friends and magic friends as well as as many attack cards and magic cards as you want to get rid of the heartless on your world card. And if there are any heartless left on the world card, all damage on them are gone, and they are back to their power. Now what I want to know is, if I can use magic outside of the battle phase, do the damage on them stay or do they dissappear?

Like say I am in my action phase, I have 2 large bodies and a barrel spider. So that is a total of 36 power on my world card. I don't have enough friend to get rid of them now. Can I use magic, say fire on the large body outside the battle, dealing 4 damage on it, leaving 13-4=9 hp left? And since that's outside the battle, will it stay at 9 even when I end my action phase? Or will it go back to 13 and I have to deal with it another action phase? So basically what I'm asking is if I use fire on a heartless in my world, will the damage stay on it or will it disappear when I end my action phase? Thank you.

When you leave the action phase, all damage is reset. so that Large Body would be back at full strenght on your next action phase.

A question about Dragon Maleficent. If you have a Dragon Maleficent in your hand along with 5 other cards, if you discard that card, making Dragon Maleficent lvl from 9 to 4, and when it hits the field would it still stay lvl 4 or go back to lvl 9 while it's on the field? Also if I'm running a dark deck, and the same scenario where I discard 5 cards to lower the lvl to lvl 4,and play it on the friend zone, considering I have the required lvl already on the friend, would the level of Dragon Maleficent be lvl 4 or go back to lvl 9 when on the field? So basically if I discard 5 cards and play dragon maleficent, would dragon maleficent's lvl stay lvl 4 or go back to lvl 9 when on the field? Thank you

It'd go back up to level 9 once the effect resolves.

oh wow that really helps alot then okay thanks

Hi, this might as well been answered but just to make sure, would Peter Pan's effect negate Barrel Spider's effect? Since Barrel Spider's effect resolves when it is defeated and Pan's effect works during the battle phase what would happen? I understand for Behemoth and Parasite Cages since their effect activates before Pan's but about after?

sungtrs said:

Hi, this might as well been answered but just to make sure, would Peter Pan's effect negate Barrel Spider's effect? Since Barrel Spider's effect resolves when it is defeated and Pan's effect works during the battle phase what would happen? I understand for Behemoth and Parasite Cages since their effect activates before Pan's but about after?

nope barrels effect would still work thats why pan sucks.

Oh okay thank you very much. I just had to make sure XD okay so it's only during battle that pan's effect will work then...not at the beginning or after the battle step lol

Darkwing Duck said:

sungtrs said:

nope barrels effect would still work thats why pan sucks.

Wrong

here is the response I was given to that same question.

(Quote)Here is KH developer Rob Kouba's response:

"I would say the entire action you are taking is the battle. Thus the spider will be eliminated before the battle is over and peter's controller suffers no damage (as you surmised)."(/Quote)

Ouch that causes Pan to be better > :D lol I see so it''s considered the whole battle...thanx roxas! :D

*bump*

For people who ask bout certain questions that we've already have answer's for, please read.

'N apologies to my fellow mates to whom think this naught be need'n a bump. I'd rather a page to read than a page to write 'n explain all over again. C| ;)

Choitz said:

*bump*

For people who ask bout certain questions that we've already have answer's for, please read.

'N apologies to my fellow mates to whom think this naught be need'n a bump. I'd rather a page to read than a page to write 'n explain all over again. C| ;)

Thank you for the bump sir. This thread needs stickied for sure...and a way to update it regularly, but alas only one of those things is possible I believe. I might need to ask Jaffer to Sticky this and allow us a way to update it (if he can).

Oh here is a question that I would like answered, even though it will probably be a No to it lol. Though I still wanted to know cause a Org Deck can use other Org players as friends so if after the first match that you play could you possibly switch out the first org player you used in that match with another org member in your deck to start up the next match? Since they are all part of the same deck and when a match starts is when you get your Player Card out to choose as your person. Not sure if this may have been asked already but I just wanted to know.

Kiro13 said:

Oh here is a question that I would like answered, even though it will probably be a No to it lol. Though I still wanted to know cause a Org Deck can use other Org players as friends so if after the first match that you play could you possibly switch out the first org player you used in that match with another org member in your deck to start up the next match? Since they are all part of the same deck and when a match starts is when you get your Player Card out to choose as your person. Not sure if this may have been asked already but I just wanted to know.

I don't think it was ever answered because I always thought the answer to that was obvious.

According to the Tournament Rules of this card game and every card game I've ever played, your deck can not be altered in anyway during a tournament. Changing your player card in the middle would be altering your deck, as it could completely change how you deck runs/plays.

Well thats the thing i was wondering cause your not technically altering your deck since the Org. Player cards are in the deck themselves your just rearranging the playing field, in a manner of speaking.

Cause yea I know you can't edit the deck during tournament play and etc. Though in an Org. Deck you will have multiple player cards in the deck and so technically between matches you could switch the Player you started off with another player thats in the deck cause the player counts as part of the deck too and just when a match begins you pull out the specified player you use. I was just checking just to know though even if it was possible it would make the deck very hectic, wow i think i spelled that wrong lol. for it to be able to be played well.

But I guess its just a No then unless something is said though lol

Kiro13 said:

Well thats the thing i was wondering cause your not technically altering your deck since the Org. Player cards are in the deck themselves your just rearranging the playing field, in a manner of speaking.

Cause yea I know you can't edit the deck during tournament play and etc. Though in an Org. Deck you will have multiple player cards in the deck and so technically between matches you could switch the Player you started off with another player thats in the deck cause the player counts as part of the deck too and just when a match begins you pull out the specified player you use. I was just checking just to know though even if it was possible it would make the deck very hectic, wow i think i spelled that wrong lol. for it to be able to be played well.

Sure the Player Card is technically part of the deck, but you choose your player card for that deck at the beginning of the tournament, changing it would be like swapping it out for another card that wasn't in the deck to begin with, making you deck completely different....I don't think I'm explaining this well enough...I always have this problem.

-_-'

WayToTheDawn said:

Kiro13 said:

Sure the Player Card is technically part of the deck, but you choose your player card for that deck at the beginning of the tournament, changing it would be like swapping it out for another card that wasn't in the deck to begin with, making you deck completely different....I don't think I'm explaining this well enough...I always have this problem.

-_-'

I see it like this:
When you build the deck, you assign the various Org XIII cards to be Friend or Player. Once placed in the deck and their positions announced, they are those cards in particular, and not Player/XIII and Friend cards.

Your point makes sense, Dawn, but I don't think that's the way the game is actually worded. (I didn't bother to check this one, but it feels like an eventuality that they did not prepare for)

Just that you bring your deck to the table. Kind of like in the old Score DBZ game, you didn't have to use your main character, as he counted as part of your deck, and you fished him out at the start, you could, instead, start with ChiChi (but why?). Of course, there is no reason to change characters unless you've been scouting or just know what the other player is playing, as you're supposed to reveal characters at the same time.

Yea I understood what you were trying to say Mr. Dawn and then also Fairbanks is right too cause they seemed to not prepare for that as much. And Trothaels explanations makes a lot of sense that when you make a deck you assign the main Org as a player and the rest are representeds as now only Friend cards.

There we go..

I do indeed get by with a little help from mah friends. ^_^