Battletech LCG?

By pppalma, in Living Card Games

Battletech is another amazing game from Richard Garfield (Magic, Android Netrunner, VTES).

Would you consider this game as an option to be part of the LCG model.

The theme is great an could be easily updated, an the mechanics are surprisingly fresh, specily that ones related with the attacking.

Well this is my grain of sand to support this great game.

I back that! I play BattleTech (the board game) since 25 years. I played also the TCG. I will be all in, than a BattleTech LCG will published.

But I fear that won't happen. I think, that the rights for BattleTech aren't available for FFG. It is a good point for an BattleTech LCG. There are a lot of Online sources, there you can play BattleTech. Maybe it should call MechWarrior. That would be a stronger brand.

Another idea there a Solaris VII LCG.....

Edited by Snowhive

I back that! I play BattleTech (the board game) since 25 years. I played also the TCG. I will be all in, than a BattleTech LCG will published.

But I fear that won't happen. I think, that the rights for BattleTech aren't available for FFG. It is a good point for an BattleTech LCG. There are a lot of Online sources, there you can play BattleTech. Maybe it should call MechWarrior. That would be a stronger brand.

Another idea there a Solaris VII LCG.....

On my defense I could say that I never play the boardgame nor the TCG, but a friend of mine was always talking about Battletech tcg. So I made my homework, study the rules and prepare some decks that I found from a world championship, and the result was just amazing.

I have been playing Magic since 1998, I also play MECCG, Pokemon, Netrunner, AGOT (last two from LCG Version), Myth and Legends, VTES, Harry Potter, Mythos, Vs, just to name a few; and I could say that Battletech is a jewel.

Of course that the theme could be reworked and perfected, as was fone for Android Netrunner (great job), but in my mine continue to be a great game, very impressive, and with a lot to be done.

I hope one day this happen, for now its just a nice wish, that I share with you in case someone else think the same about this game.

Of course that the theme could be reworked and perfected, as was fone for Android Netrunner (great job), but in my mine continue to be a great game, very impressive, and with a lot to be done.

The Theme must not reworked in my oprinion. There are about 200+ Sourcebooks and 100+ Novels. There are so many time periods, that you can choose from a wide varity of stuff.

A setting that I like, and can work on a LCG, is the gaming world Solaris VII. There are BattleMech fights just for fun. And there are mainly two opponents against each other. Sometimes more, so you can start with a 2 player game and can it transform in a 4 player game later on.

But more popular will be great battles with many Mechs and Armor.

Thanks for the support.

You are welcome

On my defense I could say that I never play the boardgame nor the TCG, but a friend of mine was always talking about Battletech tcg. So I made my homework, study the rules and prepare some decks that I found from a world championship, and the result was just amazing.

I play it from time to time. It is a great game.

I have been playing Magic since 1998, I also play MECCG, Pokemon, Netrunner, AGOT (last two from LCG Version), Myth and Legends, VTES, Harry Potter, Mythos, Vs, just to name a few; and I could say that Battletech is a jewel.

That's a lot of Card Games. I had played Magic, Babylon 5, Shadowrun, BattleTech and now LotR LCG.

Thanks for the support.

I hope one day this happen, for now its just a nice wish, that I share with you in case someone else think the same about this game.

Sorry but i wasn't clear enought about redesign.

I mean that cards could be updated in their design to make it more clear to understand. Improve their graphic design. Like FFG do with Android Netrunner.

I don't think they'd rewrite the theme just because, but if for any reason the theme license was a big problem it's a possibility. I mean, there are tons of different IP's already out there with giant robots fighting each other, what's one more?

However, if you can it's best to keep it Battletech to bring in the players (and evangelists) from the old game.

Sorry but i wasn't clear enought about redesign.

I mean that cards could be updated in their design to make it more clear to understand. Improve their graphic design. Like FFG do with Android Netrunner.

That would be fine

I've played the Battletech tcg in the past and it was great! It'd definitely be challenging for FFG to create a follow up with the same level of addictive gameplay as the original. I'd be ultra excited about a BT LCG no doubt. There's plenty of truely diverse gameplay fluff and years worth of release material.

Absolutly!

Good another follower of the Battletech LCG.

I never play BattleTech but I buy some card recently and the game seems to be very cool.

Edited by Juzam66

What's that? My alarm is going off! It's not an engine shutdown, it's... A Battletech LCG discussion!

I remember being a kid when Battletech TCG was released. I remember pouring over the books (I still have all eight Twilight of the Clans series), sucking down as much information as I could. I remember cracking my first power mech. I remember trading away Magic cards for thematic and powerful cards that built upon my massive Davion deck. Those were the days, and the grand game always left you wondering what was next as the turns blew by. In an eight player game (We had lots of BT nuts) you never felt safe when someone declared an attack. Because at it's heart, BT instilled that fear in you.

Nothing on your side is safe. Period.

I thought very deeply about if FFG could make a sequel that would pull off this same feeling. I don't just think they can, but they would excel at it. Battletech certainly has enough sides to make this game hum. Catalyst Studios currently holds the Classic BT license, and I could see FFG getting the rights at some point.

I may be old nut who loves the BT license, but I would love to see this happen. There's plenty to go on as Count Bradric pointed out. There's also many options for what you could do for packs. You could divide it up by conflicts and sides for instance. The Davion and Kurita sides for the Third Succession War, for instance.

I'll keep checking back on this thread. I hope the folks at FFG can deliver this beauty. :D

Battletech LCG would be cool, but not sure if FF can get the battletech licence. I hope they can...

Didn't the old CCG have 3 "zones" that you coumd attack/defend? If I'm correct about taht it might be easy for FF to bolt the battletech setting onto the warhammer invasion mechanic...

It had a patrol region and a defense region for each card. Every card is eligible for attack and can be defended if a patrol mech could match or exceed the attacker's speed. Otherwise, it hit for full damage.

It's great to know that I'm not alone!!

I was thinking of writing a suggestion to FFG on a new Battletech LCG and wondered if anyone mentioned this in the forums before. Wala, seems like there are like-minded fans here :)

I got the old Battletech cards, although not a lot cos it was a CCG (and I didn't have deep pockets to get all the cards via random means). It will be wonderful to have almost everything in a LCG set. And I bet new artwork will be a lot better than the old cards.

Battletech has become a sleeping dragon these days. But I am looking forward to see something big out from it, so much potential!

(Maybe high quality pre-paint Mech minis too! Big boys who have grown up don't have time to paint these days.)

I would love to see this game make a comeback, but didn't it use dice for missile combat? FFG would likely change the way that worked- they seem to be anti-dice in their card games. Any thoughts on what they could do?

Print a tiny misile icon with a number next to it on each card. Reveal the top card of your deck and then shuffle it back into your deck when you make a missile attack.

They could even balance it out so that the good cards have low missile numbers, and some less usefull cards had high missile attack numbers.

Print a tiny misile icon with a number next to it on each card. Reveal the top card of your deck and then shuffle it back into your deck when you make a missile attack.

They could even balance it out so that the good cards have low missile numbers, and some less usefull cards had high missile attack numbers.

Oooh, I quite like that!

I would like to see a LCG using a dice mechanic similar to the X-Wing Miniature game. Mechs would be cool for that, no doubt.

I would like to see a LCG using a dice mechanic similar to the X-Wing Miniature game. Mechs would be cool for that, no doubt.

The only Dice Mechanic the Battletech CCG used was for Missiles. I don't see it needing any sort of mechanic beyond that for dice. I haven't played in ages, but I remember initiative rules being un-fun. I would love to see a favorite of my childhood come back as a LCG, much like Netrunner did.

I don't like to have a dice mechanic in an card game. Not, if a dice roll is important to win. That is to much luck depending... IMHO

Battletech is another amazing game from Richard Garfield (Magic, Android Netrunner, VTES).

Would you consider this game as an option to be part of the LCG model.

The theme is great an could be easily updated, an the mechanics are surprisingly fresh, specily that ones related with the attacking.

Well this is my grain of sand to support this great game.

second times 1batrillionzillioninfinitizillion.

I asked one of the CS agents to forward this to product development and licensing. that universe has so much, it would translate great to FFG. I still have my old CCG stuff in my attic.

HOWEVER, and this is really really really key for me as far as a BT ccg / lcg is concerned. It would need to be multiplayer from the get go (if you think of the factions and the lore behind it, the game almost has to be), and by that I mean supporting MTG styles of play. multiplayer free for alls, teams, 1v1, and anything else.

Planets / cities / locations would be resources. Mechs, figures, politics, players should be encouraged to discuss things among them (I can do this if you could do this, etc)...DFA, Alpha strikes, mechanized / flying units..so much stuff can be done...but I personally can't stress enough, it has to be multiplayer, free for alls, team, 1v1, etc...really important for me as it plays to the lore.