Anima: UNICO - Online character generator

By William Where, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Thanks!

Since my last visit, I have added to Anima: UNICO:

• Dominus Exxet: Weapons, armors, weapon modules for martial arts, invocation seals
  • Arcana Exxet: New Psychic disciplines

Found this and pretty much flipped our lids, it's very well done and we love it even if we are not fluent in spanish we are still excited.

For 1, its amazing how much work you have done in the past few months with this sheet.

Secondly, it is well made and we find some things in your generator that we haven't seen in one generator we have had for almost a year I would say.

I must know, since you seem to be fluent in spanish and english. Do you plan on translating all of the descriptions and abilities from spanish to english? While it has a lot of the items that are in english much of the extra things such as the legacy's of blood, invocations and things such has that.

I await your reply,

RedLetter/Dmizer GM's and players of Anima Beyond Fantasy.

Found this and pretty much flipped our lids, it's very well done and we love it even if we are not fluent in spanish we are still excited.

I must know, since you seem to be fluent in spanish and english. Do you plan on translating all of the descriptions and abilities from spanish to english?

First, thanks for the kind words!

Second, yes, everything will be translated. The translation is a bit back of the spanish version right now, but it will catch up.

After a bit of time off, I am back to the work with Anima: UNICO. New updates soon!

As you may have seen, this last month the development of Anima: UNICO has slowed down a lot. That's the thing about hobbies: they get the last spot on the priority queue. I would like Anima: UNICO to get to a better position in that queue. And, for that, it has to rise from "hobby" to "work". And, nowadays, that means CROWDFUNDING!

Soon (I'm still missing some pieces) I'll launch a crowdfunding campaign through IndieGoGo, with the objective of speed up the development of Anima: UNICO, and in case the campaign goes extremely well, to expand a little its scope.

This community has given me a lot of support, and I would love to hear your opinions and suggerences.

Edited by William Where
While the crowdfunging is slowly cooking, I continue with Anima: UNICO.

First, the list of initial weapons now appears correctly in english.

A potentially polemic change in armor. The application was calculating wrongly armor combinations. After checking the right way with Anima Studio, I have fixed it: now you can equip as many armor layers as you want, but for each Armor Type you will get the benefits of only three layers (at most).

And a very much needed change in the character server. Now the applications paginates the characters, and they can be sorted by name, race, class, user and level. Also, they load faster.

And, of course, the new logos:

imagenGrande-copia-588x391.jpg

animaunicoBN.png

Some recent changes.

New features:

• Now the applications paginates the characters, and they can be sorted by name, race, class, user and level. Also, they load faster.
  • You can minimize sections in the character sheet clicking on their headers.
  • You can now access the natural bonuses window from the secondary abilities section.
  • When starting generation, you can now select initial race, class and level.

Bug fixes:

• You can now choose correctly all natural bonuses, freelance bonuses and natural skill bonuses for all the levels.
  • Fixed the loading of characters with magic paths without a sub-path.
  • Arcana Sephira should now be always visible, although sometimes scrolling its window will be neccesary.
  • Races and classes are setting correctly again their innate bonuses.
  • Equipment can now be sold.
  • Initial WP at initial levels higher than 1 are now being calculated correctly.
  • You can now choose correctly all natural bonuses, freelance bonuses and natural skill bonuses for all the levels.

Now I am working on generating a printable character sheet.

Just found this and its amazing, albeit the char im working on is pretty much finished... but I need a name, and seeing that this thing generates a name at random i was wondering if you could have that function separate somehow? I know its a selfish request, but it would be nice =x

either way, very good work!

First off, I just want to thank you, William Where, for making this character generator. It's absolutely amazing!

That said, I have a bug to report.

Whenever I select Ki Detection from the Ki ability menu, the entire ki section vanishes completely and cannot be retrieved no matter what I do. I have to reload the page and start a new character to get the Ki section back.

It isn't a huge deal - I've learned to simply not select Ki Detection - but I thought I should point it out.

Edit: Oh, nearly forgot - one other small issue. When I select Unarmed as a style and pick Martial Arts style, it doesn't appear as a "Weapon" to let me know my totals.

Edited by RoseOfDafne

Thanks to both of you. Soon, I'll be retaking the development of A:U to fix the bugs and finish the elements it lacks right now.

I'll take note of separate the name generator by region, of course :)

The Ki problem is a known bug.

The Unarmed thing is not exactly a bug: it is more something I have yet to implement (as it is not the same as other weapons exactly).

The Ki problem is a known bug.

The Unarmed thing is not exactly a bug: it is more something I have yet to implement (as it is not the same as other weapons exactly).

Ah, I see. The Unarmed thing just makes it hard to make a martial artist - which seems odd since you put a ton of effort into including all the martial arts styles (which is awesome by the way).

Also, something else weird I just noticed. I gave a character Whole Class Weapon (Swords) - and it doesn't recognize Bastard Sword as a sword. Also, for some reason, the Whole Class Weapon list mentions Sword several times (none of the first three considered Bastard Sword a learned weapon).

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you again for this generator. Even incomplete, it makes character creation for NPCs SO much easier. I'm not sure I would have survived GMing this game without your generator. So thanks!

Also, something else weird I just noticed. I gave a character Whole Class Weapon (Swords) - and it doesn't recognize Bastard Sword as a sword.

That's because Bastard Sword is't a pure Sword-type, it's a hybrid Sword/Two-Handed-type. Whole Class Weapons (Swords) only applies to swords with only the Sword-type and not hybrids.

Ok I may be wrong, and if that's the case been doing it wrong with my party for quite some time which would be annoying. But I just tried to make a character using this program and I ran into a problem with the distribution of DP in atk and def. I know there is a rule that states you cannot have more than a 50 difference, but I'm certain that's not the final atk and def but the base atk and def. Your program is using the final atk and def though.

To quote the Core book pg 113: Limits on Offensive and Defensive abilities 2nd paragraph.

"It is not possible to have a difference greater than 50 between an individual's base Attack and Defense. Someone who, for example, has a base Attack of 90 could not have more than 140 in block or dodge. In this case, to increase his Defense, he must first increase his Attack."

I may have interpreted this wrong, so plz correct me if I am wrong. But honestly it wouldn't make since if it was the final atk/def due to the fact your characteristics can raise and your class bonuses can raise your final beyond that cap when you lv up regardless of spending DP.

Edited by cdcace

Also, something else weird I just noticed. I gave a character Whole Class Weapon (Swords) - and it doesn't recognize Bastard Sword as a sword.

That's because Bastard Sword is't a pure Sword-type, it's a hybrid Sword/Two-Handed-type. Whole Class Weapons (Swords) only applies to swords with only the Sword-type and not hybrids.

Fair enough. However, having a proficiency related to the type should reduce the penalty.

If you are only proficient in Unarmed, then you take a -60 to using a Bastard Sword.

If you take Whole Class (Swords), then that penalty should drop to -20 (proficient in related class).

That did not occur.

Edited by RoseOfDafne

I'll look into it.

well just like to say this has been an good tool for me making quick NPC's I haven't used it for a PC yet but I am sure I will soon thanks keep up the good work

I don't know if this was mentioned, but the racial advantages/disadvantages are not right for Duk'zarist. . .being as there's only one: Perfection. There might be other races, too.

Other than that, I've not had any trouble with the site. You're doing great.

Edited by SIlkentoes

Thanks to both of you!

I have the tool a bit stopped... I'll try to push it further (and fix those nasty bugs). It always helps to see it is useful to people!

Well I hope you do keep at making it better William Where as its a good tool and I am sure has helped lots of folks out

Hi there! good character generator, but the Ki section is a bit wonky. It just disappears when you hit a certain number of Ki Techniques/Abilities. Other than that, its really good.