Who else is psyched?

By GlobeTrotting, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Was sad to see Warhammer Invasion fade away over the past year so am incredibly excited to see a return to the Warhammer universe... mechanics sound very interesting as well.

this is the best news ever... with this and doomtown, I am going to have to make some hard choices about ANR and Starwars (no way am I stopping CoC)

I am super psyched. Soon time to record first podcast episode.

So looking forward to this. I love all of the Warhammer games.

How much and release date?

Most lcg core sets have been 29.99 msrp if I'm not mistaken

39.95, third quarter 2014.

Yeah, it reminds me of the old Star Wars Decipher CCG, if only with the locations on the table and the battle ragin' on!

Looks promising and interesting to me

Dammit...another freaking cool LCG...how much money do you want from me FFG?!?!!??! :P

Looks awesome and hope the gameplay is as great as it looks?

I'm %100 in.........love 40k and to be able to play 40k without months of painting and 4 hours to play a single game, plus original art.....yes please.

Yeah, it reminds me of the old Star Wars Decipher CCG, if only with the locations on the table and the battle ragin' on!

I thought that as well, but it doesn't have the varying combat zones as far as I can tell. As in ground and orbit

Dammit...another freaking cool LCG...how much money do you want from me FFG?!?!!??! :P

Looks awesome and hope the gameplay is as great as it looks?

My exact thoughts, SolennelBern (but great minds think alike, don't they? :D )

I'm so [censorship] totally psyched!

I'm into it! I'm sure my lcg group will be on board as well. The real question is how much cash I will put towards collecting. Time will tell!

I still have to pinch myself as I type this, I can't believe we'll soon be getting a 40K LCG.

I'll definitely be putting funds aside for this, :) .

super duper stoked.

can't wait.

I want the tutorial video now! I neeeeeed it!!!!

FFG why do you hurt my wallet so... looks like I'll be at 4 LCGs by the end of the year...

Right here!!!! :)

Hell yes I'm psyched!!!!!! Beware the coming of my Tau Empire, suckers.

Hell yes I'm psyched!!!!!! Beware the coming of my Tau Empire, suckers.

I'm already heavily invested in Netrunner, LOTR and now Call of Cthulhu which is now my #1 LCG on my list and it got the spot as soon as I started unpunching the tokens :P

CoC is truly one hell of a great LCG and my hopes are as high as they can be with Conquest. Love the theme, love FFG and how they can make incredible games and my only wish is that Conquest be as elegant and awesome as it can be.

CoC is the best deck construction card game period.. not just the best LCG :)

I'm already heavily invested in Netrunner, LOTR and now Call of Cthulhu which is now my #1 LCG on my list and it got the spot as soon as I started unpunching the tokens :P

CoC is truly one hell of a great LCG and my hopes are as high as they can be with Conquest. Love the theme, love FFG and how they can make incredible games and my only wish is that Conquest be as elegant and awesome as it can be.

I am happy they are releasing another Warhammer game (even though I like fantasy better), but I am not yet convinced about the gameplay. Based on the information available, I don't see anything special there I haven't seen in other card games. I hope it turns out okay though, but even so, I think I will stick to Netrunner as my main LCG of choice and maybe buy into this on a very casual level.

I love (Love!) netrunner. Compare coc with netrunner for me. Why do u love it more?

The first thing is the theme. I'm a huge fan of Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos and love all the games FFG released on this theme except Elder Sign. I also love the elegant and simple mechanics that leave all the place to strategy, skill and fun. Plus the artwork on the cards are simply stunning. It's an amazing game that fits casual gameplay as it is good for competitive. Both types of players will find what they need in Call of Cthulhu.

But Netrunner is awesome too and I also love it's thematic. But in my group, Netrunner make them run in fear lol. I tried to introduced to game to two people (brother and friend) and both don't like it. I can't understand why. I had to enter a league to play Netrunner and made some new a cool friends there but I don't play that often anymore.

One thing though that I can say when I compare CoC vs A:NR: CoC deckbuilding let you more space to do what you want and every idea works. Every deck idea you have and can make will work. You really can't go wrong and only RNG may let a deck look bad, not the player's idea. In A:NR you really have to be careful when deckbuilding and like more competitive LCGs, you often see the same ideas from players to players. Sure there's lots of combos and deck synergies available but you can't just throw the cards you like in a deck and wish for the best.

That is what I love about both games: CoC let you do what you want and deckbuild with the cards you like while Netrunner you have to carefully deckbuild a good deck and have to "work" to make it good.

Both of those points make each game a gem.

I feel like there is a large community of 40k Ex-Pats who got priced out of their childhood love. This will let me get back into that universe in a way that should be fun and balanced....