Tome of Decay annoucned!

By ThenDoctor, in Black Crusade

I have to admit I'm a little bummed that the other books gives exact details on specific Legions and yet this book does not. Where's our Iron Warrior archetype?

You can blame GW for that. In their continued attempts to further genericise Chaos, Word Bearer Dark Apostles and Iron Warrior Warsmiths became standard Dark Apostles and normal Warpsmiths.

BYE

The extra write up looks pretty cool, I wonder though if someone actually manages to make it to daemonhood unaligned if there's any way for them to gain and spend favour.

Ideally made Unaligned Daemon Prince should be able to gain and use Favour to gain Daemonic Gifts from any Chaos God.

But the repercussions would be higher when (not If) he fails as he would get the Wrath of all Four Chaos Gods on him.

There should be somekind of reward staying Unaligned as Psyker can gain Exalted Psychic Powers if he stays Unaligned so why not Daemon Prince.

I have to admit I'm a little bummed that the other books gives exact details on specific Legions and yet this book does not. Where's our Iron Warrior archetype?

You can blame GW for that. In their continued attempts to further genericise Chaos, Word Bearer Dark Apostles and Iron Warrior Warsmiths became standard Dark Apostles and normal Warpsmiths.

BYE

To a certain extent, though, it's all right. The Word Bearers at least still work like a weird version of medieval Catholicism, the other chaos legions just have priests as well.

Good stuff.

BYE

That, well, sucks. I realize you can simply make an Iron Warrior Warpsmith or Veteran but I'd rather have a Legion specific archetype for them. We got that for most of the other Traitor Legions.

I think they changed their concept half way through the books, which I honestly don't mind. I like the idea of being able to come up with your own legion and background for whatever archetype of character you want to play instead of being locked into a specific legion. There's nothing stopping you from making the character from the specific legion you identify your character with if that's what you prefer.

That, well, sucks. I realize you can simply make an Iron Warrior Warpsmith or Veteran but I'd rather have a Legion specific archetype for them. We got that for most of the other Traitor Legions.

I completely agree, but GW seems intent on shrinking the diversity of Chaos whilst simultaneously expanding what regular Marines can do. It's not a situation I particularly like.

BYE

TOD is now expected by 11th as per upcoming page

Well once that day hits I can finally start talking about it as by the end of tomorrow I'll have my copy! :D

BYE

Well once that day hits I can finally start talking about it as by the end of tomorrow I'll have my copy! :D

BYE

I already got mine, but the whole "It's a contributor copy, not a release copy" makes sharing details a mite tricky. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread once it releases to the general public (I usually do, when something I've written for comes out), and be willing to answer any questions on the stuff in my sections.

That's why we can't say anything yet. I know we're not allowed to talk about unannounced stuff until the book is released (or specific details are released via a preview), leaving us sitting on our hands all excited to talk about our new book... but we can't. :(

Oh and there's another preview... and it's not a release announcement. It's a look at Andy's fourth adventure.

BYE

Edited by H.B.M.C.

I have my copy. Yay!

I can't talk about it yet. Boo!

BYE

Reading the previews - why did they call the rank of someone leading a Black Crusade a Warmaster? It seems like people didn't do their homework.

Reading the previews - why did they call the rank of someone leading a Black Crusade a Warmaster? It seems like people didn't do their homework. Terraneaux said this.

Let me tell you something from the 6th edition Imperial codex. It mentions that while the rank of warmaster is still used many commanders make up their own title because of its evil history. The reason they call the leader of a black crusade the warmaster is because black crusades are attributed ot the Black Legion who are actually the Sons of Horus and their leader was known as the Warmaster.

I know all about it. Leaders of Black Crusades are not called Warmasters; Abaddon is called that because he is the heir to Horus, who held the title (and was "the" Warmaster.) Warmaster is still nominally an Imperial title.

I think the leaders of Black Crusades can call themselves whatever they please.

BYE

BYE

I know all about it. Leaders of Black Crusades are not called Warmasters; Abaddon is called that because he is the heir to Horus, who held the title (and was "the" Warmaster.) Warmaster is still nominally an Imperial title. Terraneaux said this.

Black Crusades are attributed to the Black Legion. What other chaos worshippers do is not a black crusade. And the leader of the Black Legion will always have the title Warmaster because they are the heirs of Horus. There are currently 13 Black Crusades.

Warmaster is still nominally an Imperial title. Terraneaux said this.

This is true and I said that but most Imperial commanders don't use it because of its history.

I think the leaders of Black Crusades can call themselves whatever they please.. H.B.M.C said this.

That is true but as I have said before, what other believers do is not technically a black crusade. Otherwise, hail to the Hunger!

Black Crusade is basically any term for a holy war waged by followers of the Chaos Gods. Abaddon, or the Black Legion, do not have a monopoly on them. Doombreed, for example, waged his own (highly successful) one.

Black Crusade is basically any term for a holy war waged by followers of the Chaos Gods. Abaddon, or the Black Legion, do not have a monopoly on them. Doombreed, for example, waged his own (highly successful) one.. Terraneaux said this.

Funny you should say that because it was Abbadons 5th Black Crusade in which Doombreed was in. Abbadon and Doombreed made a pact in which Doombreed would get the skulls of an entire Space Marine chapter. It ended up as two chapters. The Doombreed wasn't in its own Black Crusade. It just piggybacked on Abbadon's. To the Imperium there is only one man who can summon a Black Crusade and that man is Abbadon. Just say Black Crusade to a true veteran and he will probably start cursing Abbadon and boasting about Cadia.

Edited by Misha

Then that's what it should say, not Warmaster.

It does. But even if it didn't, would it really matter?

BYE

I know all about it. Leaders of Black Crusades are not called Warmasters; Abaddon is called that because he is the heir to Horus, who held the title (and was "the" Warmaster.) Warmaster is still nominally an Imperial title. Terraneaux said this.

Black Crusades are attributed to the Black Legion. What other chaos worshippers do is not a black crusade. And the leader of the Black Legion will always have the title Warmaster because they are the heirs of Horus. There are currently 13 Black Crusades.

Warmaster is still nominally an Imperial title. Terraneaux said this.

This is true and I said that but most Imperial commanders don't use it because of its history.

I think the leaders of Black Crusades can call themselves whatever they please.. H.B.M.C said this.

That is true but as I have said before, what other believers do is not technically a black crusade. Otherwise, hail to the Hunger!

Black Crusade is basically any term for a holy war waged by followers of the Chaos Gods. Abaddon, or the Black Legion, do not have a monopoly on them. Doombreed, for example, waged his own (highly successful) one.. Terraneaux said this.

Funny you should say that because it was Abbadons 5th Black Crusade in which Doombreed was in. Abbadon and Doombreed made a pact in which Doombreed would get the skulls of an entire Space Marine chapter. It ended up as two chapters. The Doombreed wasn't in its own Black Crusade. It just piggybacked on Abbadon's. To the Imperium there is only one man who can summon a Black Crusade and that man is Abbadon. Just say Black Crusade to a true veteran and he will probably start cursing Abbadon and boasting about Cadia.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Crusade#.U76baLHCefA

So, Just to be clear, There are no exact details given on the Death Guard????

So, Just to be clear, There are no exact details given on the Death Guard????

If there's not plenty of stuff on the Death Guard in Tome of Decay, I'll be seriously bummed out. I already think that the Tome of Decay sounds more like a general expansion than a book that focuses on the followers of Nurgle.

BYE

Then that's what it should say, not Warmaster.

I don't want to get into too much (or any, really) detail because the book isn't officially out yet, but as the writer of that section, I can assure you that you are concerned over a non-issue. "Warmaster" is a convenient shorthand used because typing out "whatever elaborate title the PCs decided upon calling themselves" every single time would have really eaten into my wordcount limits.

Edited by RocketPropelledGrenade