A Web of Spiders - Online meta

By Deathjester26, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

So how did the game(s) turn out? Were you able to play more than one or was the whole process very slow and drawn out?

foxpillow whooped me up good. We only played one game, but then talked it up for a while.

It was a good game. It was a bit slow, mostly cause it was my first time playing online, and I was busy trying to keep track of it all. foxpillow has played online before, and I could tell he was moving faster than I was. So, there's hope I'll get faster as well.

Overall, just as fun. I had a blast.

That was fun. First game I had played since October-ish, but was a lot of fun. I did determine that I needed a new AIM name though after all the random IMs I kept getting from people I don't know/remember, so my new AIM name is Bones of a Child. I should be available pretty much all of today for a game or few.

Alright you talked me into it. I'll try anthing to get my thrones fix! My AIM is SerCha0s, add me to your list and lets get some games in.

Another west coaster here. I just played a game with foxpillow(Bones of a Child) and lost 10-8. I think this might be my new meta as I have been driving around an hour and had to go through the border(Canada to US) to have to get a game every week. This is way more efficient for me. My AIM is: ruggedscooter Buzz me for a game!

I added sercha0s, larsagot, and deathjester26 so keep your heads up for games.

I'm dmspeaks on AIM. Not available today, but hopefully we can get a game in.

I've got some more tweaking to do some of my decks in the next day or two, and further refining of my card management system for online games.

Just want to encourage more players to join the meta. I have found a game each time I have connected. This is great!

This week has been quite hectic for me; got a wedding this weekend and I'm moving, but hopefully Sunday evening I'll be available for some games. I made a new deck I'd like to test out that ought to be quite evil...even better when I get the new chapter packs demonio.gif

What are folks finding to be the average game length? In the one game I played online via AIM (with Lars) it went to the seventh plot and took about 3 hours. I'm fine with that, but I'm worried I might be playing slower than folks want to tolerate. I do think I got smarter about how to track things as the game went on, so hopefully I'd play a bit faster going forward.

I'm working up a deck idea for the July event in NYC, so I'd like to test it, especially against some folks who don't plan to be there (ya' know, to keep the element of surprise gui%C3%B1o.gif ). I'm on the east coast and would not likely be able to get online until 9:30-10pm.

most of my games tend to go about an hour and a half to two hours. I'll admit though, I'm not the best record taker, kind of just write things down and scratch 'em off as they die, discard, etc., so I may go a bit more quickly than some, I dunno. Once you get a flow going, it doesn't seem to take too long.

LetsGoRed said:

What are folks finding to be the average game length? In the one game I played online via AIM (with Lars) it went to the seventh plot and took about 3 hours. I'm fine with that, but I'm worried I might be playing slower than folks want to tolerate. I do think I got smarter about how to track things as the game went on, so hopefully I'd play a bit faster going forward.

I'm working up a deck idea for the July event in NYC, so I'd like to test it, especially against some folks who don't plan to be there (ya' know, to keep the element of surprise gui%C3%B1o.gif ). I'm on the east coast and would not likely be able to get online until 9:30-10pm.

ya this is the major drawback for me. In my 2 most recent games with sercha0s, neither actually finished by reaching game end power(15 or 10 with treaty) as one of us conceeded each game. One game was Lannister controll vs a Targ/Martell Treaty strength manipulation controll. So uber slow. I am thinking of a make or break Baratheon rush deck that I can at least win or lose in an hour with. I am a new player so I am willing to give up efficiency in order to learn the game. Hopefully others continue to be as well.

LetsGoRed: what is your AIM?

mine is: ruggedscooter

My first game online was rather slow, but chaotic, as I was trying to keep track of things and din not have a feel for it. I could tell I was slowing things down. However, in my second game, I was much faster, and much more on top of things.

I think it just takes some getting used to.

I just wanted to make sure I have everyone who plays AGoT via AIM on my buddy list.

bones of a child

ruggedscooter

deathjester26

dmspeaks

larsagot

am I missing anyone?

You can add me: LGRagot

I'd like to try to get in a game sometime this week around 10pm Eastern, although I likely won't be on tonight.

I will add you. My AIM is Ser Cha0s (with a Zero instead of an "o"). I will look for you this weekend...

Anyone available for a game or two tonight? (Thurs. 7/2) I will be on AIM around 5:30pm PST

I hope to see someone online...

cha0s said:

Anyone available for a game or two tonight? (Thurs. 7/2) I will be on AIM around 5:30pm PST

I hope to see someone online...

Will you still on around 7:30 or 8? If so, I got your game right here. (20 tiny fingers prevent my cards from coming out of the closet before bed time)

I'm hoping to get online ~10pm Eastern.

Bah, I won't be able to play tonight, perhaps tomorrow (Friday) night.

I'm up for a game tonight. I've got a Martell deck that needs to be destroyed and a Targ one I'm still trying to tweak.

Ah crap. What time were you online last night? I checked a few times around 11pm PST and didn't see anybody online. Sorry I missed you, lets schedule sometime so we don't miss each other again! gran_risa.gif

I looked into the lackey option mentioned on the first page of posts. The most recent plugin has all the sets (I think) up through A House of Thorns. It seems reasonably serviceable other than not having the latest cards. There is also a Spanish plugin with just the LCG cards up through Refugees of War (I think -- their website is down now so I can't double check that). Perhaps once Bloodycelt finishes the AGoT card database he is working on it will be fairly simple to port that over into an updated Lackey plugin.

schrecklich said:

I looked into the lackey option mentioned on the first page of posts. The most recent plugin has all the sets (I think) up through A House of Thorns. It seems reasonably serviceable other than not having the latest cards. There is also a Spanish plugin with just the LCG cards up through Refugees of War (I think -- their website is down now so I can't double check that). Perhaps once Bloodycelt finishes the AGoT card database he is working on it will be fairly simple to port that over into an updated Lackey plugin.

I tried downloading Lackey and the Spanish AGOT plugin when the Spanish meta first uploaded it. As one might expect, the non-English was sort of a pain in the ass, especially for new cards that I was unfamiliar with. That said, the mechanics of the gameply in Lackey seemed like they would be good. (I didn't play against anyone, I just used this to draw test hands.) It would definitely work as a nice replacement for Raven Evolved, since Tam hasn't ever been able to get things up and running.

I looked over the tutorial for creating a Lackey plugin and it's pretty easy to do. If anyone happens to have the sets from A House of Talons through the present in spreadsheet form and also card images (preferably with the card image file names as one of the entries in the spreadsheet), I'd be willing to update the plugin.

Well Mainn has put together a fantastic database of all the cards for AGoT on his website:

www.tzumainn.com/agot

Maybe you could coordinate something with him? Although I am not sure about getting the license for the artwork images... as I recall there is a waiting period of 6 months or something like that.