A Web of Spiders - Online meta

By Deathjester26, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Knowing that I'm the only person I have to test decks against isn't providing me with enough motivation to actually sit down and build decks at the moment.

On the old boards, there was a meta thread like this where people set up games via AIM, Messenger, etc. I never checked it, and never tired it out, so I have no idea how it worked! I imagine it was just a bunch of IMing back and forth. Is there anyone here with experience doing that? If not, I guess we can just wing it.

If you're interested, post in here hopefully we can get something going.

Currently, I'm only on AIM as Deathjester26, but I'm willing to try whatever.

I know some people who have used Skype to play Call of Cthulhu online. You just need to buy a ~$20 webcam if you don't have one and just aim it at your play area. Might be worth trying to organize something.

I think people before were just writing down on a note pad what cards their oponent had in play. Nothing too techy.

I'd be willing to give it a shot some time. My AIM name is JosephMcCarthy.

Yeah I'm all for playing over messenger. my aim is staton70. might want to send me an email to let me know to get online. [email protected]

Maester Luke had a good idea. He recomended using Excel to type in the cards that come into play. You can hi-lite them when they are knelt, and then move them to dead/discards columns when they leave play etc.

I have family sleeping in my living room right now, so give me a few days until they leave, but I'm usually on my computer every night. I'll start hunting some of you down when I get the chance.

Yeah, excel is def the way to go. I actually usually try and just remember everything. Its really helped me to not forget things during actual tourney games. Like remembering the QoT BEFORE I use that Bloodlust. :P Either way, playing over messenger is alot easier than one might think, and for anyone that uses IMing somewhat frequently and has some time to kill, I would def recommend it to them. Text me for a game, and for those of you without my number, just PM. DJ, where you planning on playing standard or LCG?

Probably just LCG starting off, and then maybe some standard later on. Either one is fine for me, I just want to play.

Right now I think I have 2 LCG decks that have seen zero action. My standard decks haven't seen any love since Gencon, so they'll need some tweakin' first.

i don't know if i brpught this up here or not, but would lackey be a viable option?

Lars said:

i don't know if i brpught this up here or not, but would lackey be a viable option?

Looks cool. I down loaded the program, but they didn't have a plugin for AGoT.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that someone had mentioned Lackey before. They said they were working on creating a plugin for AGoT. I'm not sure who that was though. Bloodycelt knows how to program doesn't he? See if he can do it. That would be an amazing addition for online thrones.

There is a Cthulu plugin, maybe find out who did that?

I checked the boards for Lackey and it looks like there might actually be a plug in for AGoT that has recently been updated. I'll have to download the program again and look a little harder this time sonrojado.gif . It'll be interesting to see how up to date the card pool is.

One cool thing about Lackey is that you can have up to 10 people for multiplayer games. More than enough for a good melee.

Anyways, I'll be building decks (with actual card cards) this weekend, and will hopefully have something to play via AIM early next week.

A melee game sounds like it would be good times, especially if the Lackey program works. My decks are LCG, and I only use white bordered cards, but I imagine they could stand up to some of those black borders if necessary.

Hi people!

there is an Spanish addon for lackey, you can try it if you like:

http://lackeyccg.com/agot/

Card pool is almost up to date. It only lacks the latest chapter pack.

I've played games online via AIM by pointing a webcam at my play area while the other player does the same, but I have my reservations about how well it could work for AGOT as it is a more complex game to what I've tried before, or at least how well it would work for me since I'm terrible at remembering what cards do and need to be continually scanning their text. Heck, I forget what the cards in my own deck do sometimes. sonrojado.gif That said, I'm certainly be willing to give the AIM webcam approach a try if someone is interested and can put up with me constantly asking to be reminded what your cards say.

(When I watched FFG's Flash tutorial video with the virtual table shots and the camera panning around, I found myself wishing that FFG would build an online client for AGOT --I'd gladly pay extra for something like that. I'll just have to go on dreaming....)

Alrighty people... Now that things have calmed down a bit around my house, I have some decks and I'm ready to play!

No webcams, no programs. Just an excel spreadsheet, and a bit of trust.

I have LCG and standard decks. Although, my mind is focused more on LCG at the moment, mostly because I find the limited card pool corresponds nicely to my limited oportunities to play, and my limited capacity to remember cards I haven't touched in 6 month to a year. But, I'm open for both.

I'll be on AIM most week nights between 8pm and 12am pacific time if anyone wants to play. I'm Deathjester26 there as well.

I'm looking forward to getting some games in..... finally.

Once I'm able to I'll see if I can ping you for some games.

Hey,

I'm definitely down for some online Thrones action. Been ages since I played a game, and I don't currently have a deck (I'm working on that; LCG only, though). My AIM is foxpillow, and if people wanted to try an online melee, I'd be game for the early runthroughs.

I'll be around tonight for some games. I'm still unsure about this spreadsheet thingy (especially in Melee sorpresa.gif ) but we might as well give it a try!

My AIM is larsAgoT

I find it eaiser to write the cards in play down in pencil.

Alright. I've got an LCG deck ready; first deck I've made in almost a year...so it probably sucks, but if anybody's down for a game, just drop me an IM

dang it, little late for me right now. maybe later in the week for me to stay up for you west coasters

anytime is good for me, generally; least until I find a job =

Lars said:

dang it, little late for me right now. maybe later in the week for me to stay up for you west coasters

Yeah. If it wasn't for the kiddos, I'd break the cards out earlier in the day for some of you guys.