A Web of Spiders - Online meta

By Deathjester26, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

I'm going to try to be online tonight (Wedn) 10pm eastern if anyone is up for a game.

I might be up for this sometime in the coming weeks, since I'll be in the south far away from any AGoT brethren. my Aim is Fencerstudent. I'll see what kind of time I have. If anyone wants to try the webcam/skype thing, I'd like that, I'm a very visual person, if I don't see the cards I'm worried I won't know what they do...

Count me in for a game sometime this week, perhaps Tuesday or later. I've done the phone thing before, but I've been fiddling with a web cam, and I'd like to try that out.

well, I'm willing to try the webcam thing, though I admit it might be difficult with my laptop's webcam pointing right at me...I got a game in last night though that was quite fun (though I suspect not as much for the opponent). Lasted less than an hour, even.

If anybody wants to get in some GenCon or CaliCon or any other kind of practice, drop me a line. I'm unsure what sort of deck I wanna bring to Calicon so I've got a few choices to play around with. Also, I can throw together some classic decks if that is more your style (or Legacy...I guess...).

Hey I will be online tomorrow night (Tues.) probably around 6pm and then again Thurs. night for some games. Let me know if you are interested. cool.gif

I'll be available Tuesday (tonight) night for sure. Probably Thursday, too, though I don't know for certain.

I'd be interested in playing online sometime. I'm usually pretty busy during the week, but I could probably find some time with advanced notice (some time around ~9 pm Eastern time in the US). I'm more available on the weekends. Send me a message if you want to try to play.

schrecklich said:

I'd be interested in playing online sometime.

What is your AIM? Mine is 'ser cha0s' with a zero instead of an "o" ...I am not online all the time, but when I am its only to play some thrones. Add me to your buddies and maybe we can get in a game or two.

You can add me too, my AIM is "bones of a child." I'm usually around evenings, though this past week has been hectic (sorry I missed ya cha0s!), my name is almost always online, though...I generally forget to put up an away message because I'm lame like that.

This thread almost slipped onto the second page...what is going on?

Does anyone use this thread anymore? I need my AGoT fix and I will be online tomorrow (Mon.) and most likely Tuesday as well. Message me if you are available for a game or two. gran_risa.gif

But how do you play online? Only with old cards from 5KE and before?

mischraum.de said:

But how do you play online? Only with old cards from 5KE and before?

I have been using AIM to communicate with my opponent and Excel to keep track of his/her cards. In the spreadsheet you can input characters that your opponent plays, then highlight the cell one color if they are knelt, another color if they are killed...discarded...returned to hand etc. Similarly you can keep track of their locations and attachments the same way. Then you have your own setup, which you narrate to your opponent over AIM and they keep track on their end. It might sound difficult but its rather easy for Joust (1v1) games. Give it a try.

Wow, this looks great. I'll definitely look to get involved eventually. Currently since I'm so new to the game I don't think this would work without more familiarity/experience with the cards to recognize by name. It would be painfully slow and I'd hate to do that to someone as I looked up each card. Has anyone had success with Lackey playing with LCG cards only?

It does require a certain familiarity with the LCG cards, but if you keep www.Tzumainn.com/agot minimized on your browser while playing you can use it now and again to check a card you may not recall. It isnt as slow as one might think...especially after you play a game or two and customize your spreadsheet to your liking.

I'm still interested in online games via AIM, I just havent been good about finding time to be online for it.

Madduxx said:

Wow, this looks great. I'll definitely look to get involved eventually. Currently since I'm so new to the game I don't think this would work without more familiarity/experience with the cards to recognize by name. It would be painfully slow and I'd hate to do that to someone as I looked up each card. Has anyone had success with Lackey playing with LCG cards only?

Foxpillow and I played a pretty intense game on the bare bones LCG plugin I made a few weeks ago (no images). I've been pretty busy since then though so I haven't had a chance to hunt for another game. Sorry, chaos I haven't seen you online so far. My aim name is seaworthonion though I only log on when looking for someone to play thrones with. If anyone's interested in planning to play online in advance rather than an impromptu meeting, he/she can message me (or email if you have my address) and we can probably find a time.

Woot! Have you seen the OCTGN 2 post on the general discussion page? Looks like online thrones just made a huge step in the right direction. Anyone want to try it out?

I'll be getting a new compy in a few weeks. Once that's set, I'll hit you up with a game or two.

So has anyone tried the OCTGN program? I've poked around with it and built a deck, but haven't yet had a chance to play but would like to try if there are any takers.

I stumbled across this thread by accident since I don't usually look at this section of the forums. OCTGN is amazing. We've been playing it quite a bit among our meta lately (I've probably logged 12-15 games at least). I used to do the AIM thing to play, but this is so much better.

LetsGoRed, I've got you in my AIM friends list, but it's hard to keep track of that sometimes. I try to stay logged in during hours I may be available to play, so if you see me on (longclaw) go ahead and IM me and we'll try to get a game going.

I don't want to keep clogging the up General Discussion Board with this so I'll post here that I am up for some OCTGN action starting at 7pm PST this evening.

AIM: ruggedscooter

I'll be available after 7:30 PST tonight.

AIM: ruggedscooter

New AIM: Egg Agot

New Facebook: Egg Agot

Facebook Group: A Game of Thrones LCG - OCTGN