Lily Chen's ability

By djuleski, in General Discussion

What is the purpose of Lily Chen's ability " Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, then recover an equal number of Health or Sanity."
I have played the game couple of times now and I can't find the usage for this ability.. or I'm getting it all wrong :|

Tnx in advance.

A lot of times I get hit with a lot of one type of damage and not another. Lily's ability can help balance that out.

Especially since it can make resting more effective since resting heals one of each type of damage.

Edited by Fenyx

If Lily takes two points of damage, she can heal it in one turn, rather than two. Likewise, if Lily needs Sanity, but only has Health (say for casting a spell), or needs Health but only has Sanity (say for dealing with a strong but not horrifying monster), then she can spend to switch.

Typically it accelerates healing, as you can shift your stats to make resting more efficient. In the early game look to increase Lily's Fight and Will, as she'll get doubel the bonus. Once you've done this she becomes a fighter par excellence .

Thanks, it makes sense now.

It also makes the assets that allow the Rest action to heal an additional Health/Sanity to be doubly efficient for her.