Dropship

By Nerdmeister, in Android

Quick question:

The number of dropship pass tokens is limited to 5, which is the number of players.

Quote from the rulebook: " Floyd is at Adams Garden, but really needs to get back to Haas-Bioroid in a hurry, so he spends one of his dropship pass es "

With this info I get a paradox. On one hand seeing as the number of passes is the same as the number of players, I´d assume that each player can only have 1 dropship pass at a time (which is what we have been playing with) which makes sure that no player can hoard the passes.

On the other hand this quote from page 18 of the rulebook, more than suggests that players can have more than 1 dropship pass (which doesn´t seem logical to me tbh)

So which of these 2 statements is true?:

1) a player can have only 1 dropship pass at a time or

2) a player can have all of the dropship passes he can get his hands on

since i can't see anything in the rules stopping 2)

2) it is for me

Cheers!

Nhoj

2) You can have as many as you want.

The rules-as-written certainly imply that 2 is correct.

Although I agree that the presence of precisely five dropship tokens in the box does make one wonder if a one-token-per-player limit might have been intended.

OverMatt said:

Although I agree that the presence of precisely five dropship tokens in the box does make one wonder if a one-token-per-player limit might have been intended.

When they limit things like this, makes me think playtesting showed you didn't need more than 1 per person on average.

If you get to the point that everyone has one and someone needs more than one, just hang on to one and use some other counter to indicate you have multiples.

But only Favors and Haas Borg / Jinteki tokens are stated as being a limited quantity. And I think a forum discussion limited evidence as well. And of course, the conspiracy pieces are limted too. But dropships? No mention of them.

OverMatt said:

I think it's simply a matter of more tokens being unneccessary. In the games I've played, dropship tokens were used either immediately or within a turn of acquiring them. Addiitonally, I don't believe more than 3 of them were simultaneously held by players. There definitey was never a time when a player tried to get a pass but none were available. I supposed it could happen, but I'm sure playtesting showed that 5 was enough.