VP and lore trackers

By toru, in BattleLore

I am thinking about creating a VP and lore tracker and looke around a bit.

I have seen a couple of VP and lore trackers on BGG and they go from 0 to 19. I made a comment there but I think I'll ask here as well. Is there a good reason for tre VP tracker to go to 19? How often have you got ties that continues up to such high numbers?

Regarding the lore? How high do this tracker need to go? 15? 20?

I have only played one game myself and I am really hooked.

/Tommy

VP can be tricky. Remember, the game doesn't immediately end when a faction reaches 16 VP; victory conditions are checked only when the first player starts his next turn, and in case both factions have the same number of VP, then you keep on playing. So 19 VP could be reached, and even more. Not too many (victory by elimination of your opponent is always an option, and the longer the game, the more likely is to actually finish the game due to this reason), but probably you could go on up to 22 or 25. Plus, maybe expansions will add something more to the board, or will feature Scenarios with heavier victory conditions. Don't know, really, but if I were you, I'd consider adding some more space after "16".

As for lore.. difficult to say, since this is probably the thing that could change the most the more expansions (and hence combinations) will be released (just guessing; no idea of any future ideas for BT). I'd go with 20, just to have a margin. In my games, we reached 16 once.

Hope this helps :)

Yes, thanks. I'll go for 20/20 or something. I have a plan... :-)

/Tommy

You're welcome! Go for it, and let us know the final result!