Unarmed Combat & Gauntlets?

By Drachdhar, in Black Crusade House Rules

So, how do ya figure this works for say a Speesh Mahreen in power armour?

He has at least Unarmed Warrior and are wearing Armored Gauntlets, should said astartes get a dmg boost to his unarmed attacks due to the gauntlets or not, +4 being the deduced dmg bonus?

The way I see it Unarmed Warrior & Unarmed Master are improvements in technique while Gauntlets are a dmg booster like Iron Knuckles. Getting hit by a bare fist from a martial artist hurts, said martial artist using knuckles will most likely hurt alot more.

Also wondering if perhaps Unarmed Masters should be able to Parry armed attacks against them... Would make sense in some cases at least...

In any case the current rules seem a bit lacking IMO.

Thoughts?

This time in the forum it belongs, possibly.

He has at least Unarmed Warrior and are wearing Armored Gauntlets, should said astartes get a dmg boost to his unarmed attacks due to the gauntlets or not, +4 being the deduced dmg bonus?

In my opinion, no. He is already getting the damage boost from his Unnatural Strength and high strength. I am fairly sure the rules would include it if he should also get additional damage from his gauntlet 'type'.

Also wondering if perhaps Unarmed Masters should be able to Parry armed attacks against them... Would make sense in some cases at least...

I'd allow it against 'primitive' and most basic weapons as that feels right to me and very cinematic, given the nature of Space Marines.

In my opinion, no. He is already getting the damage boost from his Unnatural Strength and high strength. I am fairly sure the rules would include it if he should also get additional damage from his gauntlet 'type'.

Not to mention that Power Armour provides a Strength bonus, in essence the armoured gauntlet providing extra damage.

Astartes was just an example...

What about a "regular" human wearing carapace gauntlets(Armored Gauntlets) and being an Unarmed Warrior/Master? Should said human hit as hard with those gauntlets as without them? Common sense dictates that one would prefer a naked fist over an armored gauntlet when it comes to getting punched in the face.

Add +1 damage and call it a day in that case, then.