Talisman limit

By player1338333, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hi,

Is there a limit to how many Talismans that a player may have?

If more than one: What happens when the player comes up to the CoC and must leave the Talisman. Does the player have to leave all of the Talismans or just one?

I've never played with any Talisman limit (apart from carrying limits of course). Why are you leaving a Talisman at CoC? Or more to the point, where are you getting the "must leave" part from?

Now that you are asking where I got the leave Talisman from, I had to check what it actually says, however I can not find it :-)

I even checked my 2nd version and it does not either say anything about that. I guess this must be some long lived missunderstanding from my side. :-)

Thanks for the answer to this mystery :-D

maemmoth said:

I even checked my 2nd version and it does not either say anything about that. I guess this must be some long lived missunderstanding from my side. :-)

Man, you got 2nd ed, lucky bastard aplauso.gif .

maemmoth said:

Now that you are asking where I got the leave Talisman from, I had to check what it actually says, however I can not find it :-)

Thanks for the answer to this mystery :-D

I think you are confuse with the third edition....?

With third edition you can't have more than one talisman( if i am right) i have played too much 4th edition lol gran_risa.gif

Also, you lose your talisman if you enter the tower..

---------

The 4th edition is easier. You don't lose your talisman for entering the valley of fire or to get to the crown or by the portal of power and you can have more than one talisman.

Yes, I have been playing Talisman for about 17 years or something like that. I can't remember when I bought the 2nd version.

I have not played the 1st version, nor the third, so I personally think that the 4th FFG version is the best version. I love the Fate token feature and also the revised features of the characters.

Since I almost never play the 2nd any more, I think I need to make some kind of copy of the FFG character cards and make some kind of fate tokens. That way I could have the old version at my parents place, allowing me to play it almost like the FFG 4th version :-)

maemmoth said:

Yes, I have been playing Talisman for about 17 years or something like that. I can't remember when I bought the 2nd version.

I have not played the 1st version, nor the third, so I personally think that the 4th FFG version is the best version. I love the Fate token feature and also the revised features of the characters.

Since I almost never play the 2nd any more, I think I need to make some kind of copy of the FFG character cards and make some kind of fate tokens. That way I could have the old version at my parents place, allowing me to play it almost like the FFG 4th version :-)

But if you have not play the third edition, then i don't know why you are asking that question at the beginning of this topic.. preocupado.gif

4th edition is similar 2th edition..

I got the 2nd Talisman game when I was about 12 years old, which is around 17 years ago. Ever since then I have been playing with the rule that you loose the Talisman once you enter the valley of fire. Unless it says anything about this in rules, I have no idea why I have been playing like that. He he :-)

I need to read the old rules one more time to see if it says anything about losing the Talisman :-).

maemmoth said:

I need to read the old rules one more time to see if it says anything about losing the Talisman :-).

I don't remember such a rule. Perhaps you used to ditch/Turn into Gold the Talisman once in the Valley of Fire because you didn't want other players to steal it from you with Acquisition. Who knows. Now you'd better keep it in case someone uses Transference against you.

One thing everyone should do is carefully read the new Rulebook before starting with Revised 4th edition. There are many little changes and keep on relying on 2nd edition memories might generate big confusion.

I hope that the Dungeon Expansion will be blessed with the release of the new FAQ as well. I need some official feedback to stop some long time complaints from my friends.

I was playing the Thief the other day; my opponent took three talismans to the Crown of Command. (I still ****ed him up though).

Dam said:

maemmoth said:

Man, you got 2nd ed, lucky bastard aplauso.gif .

Serious? Mules as objects, no spirit redemption for craft, no casting limit, no fate, I could go on...

I like fourth edition revised myself. Just wait till we get a few more expansions and all the unbelievers will be converted.

Crimhead: I agree totally with you. The 4th revised version is the best version ever, and I will only play the 2nd version when I am at my parents place.

Some small modifications, and the 2nd version could be played almost the same as the 4th.

Looking forward for the next expansion. The reaper expansion is great!!