Deathwing Terminator Armour Colour

By Cyrill, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

My Deathwatch Dark Angel just managed to become a Deathwing Terminator (FirstFounding p.50)

How will his Terminator Armour be painted? Bone-white with silver DW-Arm? Deathwatch standard? Something new?

ty

C

It's unlikely that there is a standard rule for it. So my answer would be: Whatever the Deathwing Terminator negotiates with the Watch Commander .

Alex

Bone white with a silver arm sounds pretty awesome. Course I could also see quartered black/bone-white with one silver arm too.

I played a Deathwing once...we just never thought about the color haha.

Putting the Rule of Cool aside - although it's never entirely possible in 40K - I'd make it Deathwatch standard with a bone-white pauldron if he gained the Crux Terminatus (and subsequently the armour) while in the Deathwatch. In this case you could have the initiation to the Inner Circle made by a fellow Dark Angel serving the Long Vigil. Epistolary Zadkiel from the Jericho Reach supplement might be a good choice.

Alternatively, you can have the initiation made by a Dark Angels force participating in the Achilus Crusade. In this case the gear is supplied by the brother's Chapter, and the colour might be a subject to negotiation (and an awesome roleplaying opportunity), as Alex suggested. If, however, he retains the original colour to some degree, I'd make him suffer, at the minimum, the negative consequences of the Chapter Heraldry Tabard of the Black Templars (Core Rulebook, p. 169), since the character emphasizes his loyalty to the Chapter over his Kill-team, but I'd permit him using his own Chapter Trapping. At the maximum (and I lean toward this), the white or chequered armour would count in itself as a Chapter Trapping, with the Heraldry Tabard's positive and negative effects.

Edit: nevermind... why isn't it possible to delete posts? :/

Edited by Avdnm

I quite like the idea of Bone White armour as per deathwing with a a silver Deathwatch pauldron/arm. Then a black Tabbard to represent the allegiance to the Deathwatch.

I quite like the idea of Bone White armour as per deathwing with a a silver Deathwatch pauldron/arm. Then a black Tabbard to represent the allegiance to the Deathwatch.

Bone white simply looks cool (especially with black). The possibilities are endless. On the other hand, I wouldn't put the Inquisition pauldron on. Silver hands are okay, but where do you put the Crux Terminatus? In this case a Deathwatch tabard might indeed bridge the gap with its display of the Inquisition insignia.

Edited by musungu

Bone white simply looks cool (especially with black). The possibilities are endless. On the other hand, I wouldn't put the Inquisition pauldron on. Silver hands are okay, but where do you put the Crux Terminatus? In this case a Deathwatch tabard might indeed bridge the gap with its display of the Inquisition insignia.

I like the idea of Space Marines having personal tailors that literally have these conversations with the Battle Brothers.

'If not for the Emperor then for Sartorial Excellence!'

I like the idea of Space Marines having personal tailors that literally have these conversations with the Battle Brothers.

Man, I was laughing so hard. Thank you. And the funny thing is, those tabards and whatnot are actually made by someone. Probably a chapter serf - a member of a tailor family for generations. So basically there's nothing to prevent a shifty, subservient tailor stereotype saying those exact words. After all, somebody has to know which type of textile allows the easiest cleaning of Ork blood :)

Edited by musungu

Man, I was laughing so hard. Thank you. And the funny thing is, those tabards and whatnot are actually made by someone. Probably a chapter serf - a member of a tailor family for generations. So basically there's nothing to prevent a shifty, subservient tailor stereotype saying those exact words. After all, somebody has to know which type of textile allows the easiest cleaning of Ork blood :)

I love the idea of the serf-tailors being incredibly condescending while at the same time being subservient. like Jeeveas and Wooster. Don't know if you have ever seen (or read) Jeeves and Wooster. Jeeves is Wooster's valet. In one scene Wooster has found out that Jeeves has removed a white jacket he likes from his wardrobe and chucked it.

Jeeves Bertie Wooster Jeeves Bertie Wooster Jeeves

Yeah, P.G. Wodehouse is cool - my high school English teacher was the translator of several of his novels to my native mumbo-jumbo, so first I started to really like his writings, then (after about two years of translating stuff about bloody Blandings as housework) begun to utterly loathe him, then crossed the line again to find out he is good .

So the idea is to introduce not a tailor, but a valet? I can already picture it on the character sheet: Follower: Chapter Serf (Valet, lesser, 300XP) - who will do anything, provided it has nothing to do with fish .

A combination of Jeeves and Willikins (the valet of Commander Vimes in Terry Pratchett's Discworld) could work well. Admittedly, that would be a low move, and I'd need to re-read all the novels to play the NPC well, but I recognise a fine joke when I see one.

So the idea is to introduce not a tailor, but a valet? I can already picture it on the character sheet: Follower: Chapter Serf (Valet, lesser, 300XP) - who will do anything, provided it has nothing to do with fish .

A combination of Jeeves and Willikins (the valet of Commander Vimes in Terry Pratchett's Discworld) could work well. Admittedly, that would be a low move, and I'd need to re-read all the novels to play the NPC well, but I recognise a fine joke when I see one.

Awesome!

Skills

Medicae +20*

Trade Valet +20

Understated Sarcasm +20

Solve Convoluted Plot Based on an Obscure Social Faux Pas +20

Talents

Unremarkable, Air of Helpfullness, Hatred (Crass Behaviour, Fish)

*Only applies when creating antidotes for hangovers