Winds of Morai-Heg (command card)

By carstone, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Hey guys

I have a little question about the command ability of Wind of Morai-Heg.

It states:

" The maximum range og ranged attacks made by High Elven missile disk activated with this command is increased by 1."

My question:

Does this mean that the range of Maiden Guards and Militia Archers is increased from "Long" to "Siege".

I would argue that this must be the case as the rules for range on p. 5, indicates that;

"There are four ranges: Short, Medium, Long and Siege."

But this seems rather broken, as archers and maiden guards with siege range on first turn, have a very pleasing appeal.

Yours

Carstone

Does this mean that the range of Maiden Guards and Militia Archers is increased from "Long" to "Siege". - YES

Its not op use terrain that block line of sight....done,

Edited by garhan

remember they'LL only hit with a critical at siege range!

Yup big bad orcs work well as a bait...

Does Siege range still require Line of Sight? Or can you just hide in the woods from everything?

Siege range still requires LoS. However, being in the woods does not block Line of Sight. If you are overlapping the wooded terrain, your attacker gets one less ranged attack die. If you are behind them entirely it blocks LoS unless they are in terrain unless they are in terrain that has High Ground. If your attacker is in the Watch Tower, you still want to use the woods for cover until you can try to rush their ranged unit if possible for the minus one die on their attack.