Possible house rule (Making Conan more involved in your game)

By caychris, in Age of Conan

Ive seen a number of complaints that the Conan part of the game is a little less themeatic than people would like.

I was discussing this with my game group and we may try it soon.

Instead of radomly determining the adventures for every age each player would be dealt one (and only one per game) adventure card.

The players could then add their adventure card to the adventures for any age (replacing one or possibly expanding the age) The others would be random. It would be shuffled into the age and appear randomly within the age and the decision to add it would be before bidding for Conan.

So for 1 adventure of an age where the card was added one player would know where one of the destinations for conan would be.

I dont think this would unbalance the game terribly but might add a dimension to the play for and around Conan and give a bit more Conan flavor to the game.

Any thoughts.

Up until now we did not notice this problem as we used Conan to fight, to raid and to get crowned! But I understand what you mean. Your idea is fun! However I would replace adevnture cards rather than add. gran_risa.gif

I believe that Conans character is represented great as is if you remember to view him from a KINGDOMS point of view- not a first person shooter game. He disrupts all plans when he's around and just because he shows up around your area doesnt mean you will control him. In my opinion thats as it should be.

How many times have you won the bid unintentionaly? Or lost the perfect time to win him? At least with the adventure track and cards you see where he will end up. Try the game first as written (if you havent already) and READ some Conan books to get the feel of how he acted when he was in someones employ.

But then again after buying it its yours to do with as you will- but having an adventure card in your hand doesnt mean you wont lose the bid.

I have played the game

By only having this option once and its added before you get to bid on him and is randomly determined within the age its only knowledge of where one destination will be. How you use this knowledge is entirely up to you. It was just a way to make Conan feel just a little less random without disrupting game balance.

Your right of course- please tell us how it worked out and how the other players liked it.