Choosing command cards for your army

By Belerophon709, in Warhammer: Diskwars

When building your own army, the rules for "Choosing Command Cards" (pg. 16) state:

In addition to recruiting units, each hero has a command value. A player selects a number of command cards equal to this value to add to his hand of command cards . Players cannot have more than 1 copy of a command card (by title) in their hand of command cards.

Emphasis mine... Now, most heroes have command value of 2, and I can't find any indication in the rules of any other source of command cards.

Am I right in assuming that an army with only 1 hero, would usually have only 2 command cards available per game, so that, in order to have any real variety during the game, you would have to play with 2+ heroes per army?

...or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Bele

Edited by Belerophon709

You are right that each Hero has a Command Value of 2 (in the core set) and so if you play with an army of 1 Hero, then you will get 2 Command Cards. If you have 2 Heroes you will have 4 Command Cards etc.

It does hint though that future Heroes can have different amounts of Command Values, so there may be future Heroes that could have more than 2 Command Cards (or even less)

You are right. I have always played one regiment games with a hand of 3 cards to increase variety. A guy on our group came up with a better idea. In one regiment games, players have a hand of 3 cards but, at most, two are played per round. This keeps the balance in the total number of activations.

so commando point work ad a minimum of commando cards you must have? dont think so, in that case hyou should always play with alla carrd avaiable to youtr army!

I like your solution BrightWizard.

Do you think four cards would be to much?

I dont understand your question/statement ileopsoas?

im asking if there is no limit to The card in your hand at deck building

I like your solution BrightWizard.

Do you think four cards would be to much?

I dont understand your question/statement ileopsoas?

I think 3 is satisfactory. I never tried or missed having 4 cards in a single regiment game.

You can have as many cards as the sum allowed by your heroes. Right now, each hero provides exactly 2 command cards. You cannot have more than one of each card. For example, you are not allowed to have 2 Lure, only one.

There is a limit: It is the sum of comand points of your heroes.

Only when playing with only one regiment on each side, the resulting two command cards in an army feel somewhat bland.

Thus a houserule came up in Bright Wizard's game group helps here: 3 cards on hand, but only two may be played each round. I like that a lot by the way.

You are right. I have always played one regiment games with a hand of 3 cards to increase variety. A guy on our group came up with a better idea. In one regiment games, players have a hand of 3 cards but, at most, two are played per round. This keeps the balance in the total number of activations.

Great house rule and idea. I'm stealing it for my games :ph34r:

Help keeping the rock-paper-scissor aspect of those cards while giving a bit more options to the players.

That is brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrilliant! :D

Edited by SolennelBern

In a game with only 1 copy of the base set, who gets to choose command cards first? What if both sides want the same command card?

In a game with only 1 copy of the base set, who gets to choose command cards first? What if both sides want the same command card?

I used the reverse initiative order like stated in many steps of setup in the rulebook.

Having 2 core sets would eliminate this but i'm not a fan of 2 cores for a game that already have plenty of stuff in it.

So I use revers initiative order for choosing cards.

If you have card sleeves, you could just write out the important stats on a piece of paper and just proxy the popular card.