Clue Token Question (yeah, another one...)

By Weyoun, in Arkham Horror League

I tried to find the answers to these queries around the forum, but I'm still not sure about them... so here it goes.

In the FAQ for the second league (which my team hasn't started yet, but we're about to) it says:

SCENARIO 3: "Clues banked at the bank do count towards the maximum that can appear."

SCENARIO 4: "Clues that appear due to Mythos cards are added to the total banked. "

So my questions would be:

1) What's that "maximum" that Sc.3 refers to??

2) Does the sentence from Sc.4 actually mean that any clue tokens appearing from "Clue Appears At" in a Mythos card are supposed to be placed on the Woods instead?

Thank you very much for your input!

Sorry... I've just found "Clues appear wherever the Mythos card says." just a couple of lines below what I transcribed... must be that I'm kinda sleepy now preocupado.gif

Weyoun said:

I tried to find the answers to these queries around the forum, but I'm still not sure about them... so here it goes.

In the FAQ for the second league (which my team hasn't started yet, but we're about to) it says:

SCENARIO 3: "Clues banked at the bank do count towards the maximum that can appear."

SCENARIO 4: "Clues that appear due to Mythos cards are added to the total banked. "

So my questions would be:

1) What's that "maximum" that Sc.3 refers to??

2) Does the sentence from Sc.4 actually mean that any clue tokens appearing from "Clue Appears At" in a Mythos card are supposed to be placed on the Woods instead?

Thank you very much for your input!

1) If I remember correctly, there are 48 total clue tokens in the game and your investigators can't hold more than 48 unspent at the same time (which was an issue for many in scenario 2). So if you were to bank 6 clues from a prior scenario, those 6 aren't considered as "extras" -- the most all your investigators can hold (unspent) is still just 48.

2) I think you figured this one out. The problem had to do with clues appearing at the Woods during the Mythos phase and whether they had to be dealt with separately from banked tokens. Answer is that they are treated as banked tokens.

Thank you very much for putting it into context... not having played those scenarios yet, I was kinda confused with those clarifications.