Getting New Careers

By Deathlyphil, in WFRP Rules Questions

Hi,

First off, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm planning on starting a Campaign in a few days. I have the box set, the GM Vault, and now the Players Vault. I assumed that the Players Vault contained all the new careers that have been released. I'm quite disappointed after getting it to find that it doesn't.

Is there any way to get all the new careers, cards, etc without buying all the individual addon adventures? I know I can buy the Players Guide, but that doesn't give me the actual cards.

Thanks,

Phil

No. There is no way. Even with the Players Guide you only get the careers of the basic set, the Adventurer's Toolkit and the priest and wizard expansions (Signs of Faith and Wind of Magic).

The new careers are all mostly specific to the theme of the expansion/adventure. So Heroes Call has the Epic careers, Omens of War combat-heavy and mounted careers, etc. So you probably would need the expansion anyway to fully play out those careers.

That's quite annoying. Ok, I'll see how this game goes first, then I'll see about getting more expansions.

I've got a feeling that the first expansion I will need is the Creature Vault. I don't like having to flip through rule books during a game. Too many bad experiences with D&D where the whole group spent half of each session with their noses in books so they could min/max everything...

The creature vault is a good investment! Has all the creatures of the above mentioned books and boxes (all that is covered by the player's and gm's guide).