Righteous Fury when on team mates?

By Wursti, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hi there,

when you shoot someone who is in meele combat you get - 20 to your BS test. So now we have a house rule that says when you fail your test by 1-20 you hit your friends.

Well that happened now and he rolled a Righteous Fury.

Now my question is. Does the god emperor look upon people who accidentlly shoot their team mates and give them Righteous Fury?

Edited by Wursti

I'd personally drop RF when a player accidentally hits another (but keep it when it's completely intentionally, during those moments of pvp when allowed). An accidental hit is bad enough, and already going to hurt the party overall by giving the enemies an edge.

I'd make the hit trigger RF. Of course the shooter would have to confirm and hope that he didn't. But couldn't fail intentionally.

This setting is grimdark for a reason, y'all.

Anger may, at times, disregard the safety of one's comrades.

But I suppose it depends on whether you truly believe in divine intervention or simple (bad) luck. For what it's worth, the books "unfortunately" do support the former.

Well I realize they are different game lines, but in BC and OW Righeous Fury/Zealous Hatred are just names for a solid hit and do not have to do with divine intervention.

Especially since Necrons and animals can do it.

Well, nobody said that the designers are treating the topic with any kind of systematic thought behind it. Especially since Dark Heresy and BC/OW were not written by the same studio.

But, for better or worse, this game has space magic, and in Dark Heresy the description of Righteous Fury associates this perk with the Emperor himself. Personally, I would just dismiss this as superstition (just like I dismiss Acts of Faith as such, in my preferred version of the setting), but I thought it deserves to be mentioned so that everyone can make this decision for themselves.

It could influence a GM's decision as to why RF should be cancelled or not, after all.

I think the association with the Emperor is just flavor text explaining why PCs magically get this ability that nobody else does.

One of the big improvements in BC/OW was letting everybody use RF by default in my opinion. But I digress.

Was "Touched By The Fates" a DH enemy trait, or did that only come in later game lines?

Touched by the Fates (Effectively giving NPCs fate points) came out in DH in various books, including Radical's Handbook and Discipels of the Dark Gods, IIRC.

Thanks guys. You gave me some good ideas. Gonna make it situational I think.