Staff of Mastery with Enslaved Enemy when Charater dies

By Hein99, in Talisman Rules Questions

When a Character dies all objects, magic object, follwers and gold are placed on the space where the character died.

If the Staff of Mastery currently has an enslaved Enemy does that Enemy get dropped onto the space with the Magic Object Staff of Mastery?

In normal conditions Trophies are discarded. I'd be willing to believe both sides of this senario but my preference would be to keep the enslaved Enemy with the Staff of Mastery.

What do you think?

if i remember well in forum this was discussed and the answer was that the enemy is placed on board and you need defeat it before you can get items there because the enemy is not slaved anymore. I am pretty new in forum too so my memory can fail happy.gif . I will check hoping i remember where was the discussion.

Andraax said:

if i remember well in forum this was discussed and the answer was that the enemy is placed on board and you need defeat it before you can get items there because the enemy is not slaved anymore. I am pretty new in forum too so my memory can fail happy.gif . I will check hoping i remember where was the discussion.

Wow, I'm really glad I asked this one. I would have never thought of this and I really like it.

Thanks for the reply!

This thread has a question regarding the Staff:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efpag=0&efid=129&efcid=1&efidt=80362

"Scenario: The evil (Rolled a 1 at the Mystic) Minstrel, who has a lion animal follower, the dark unicorn follower, and the staff of Mastery with a Demon mastered, is turned into a slimy little toad. The wizard plays next, and lands on that space where he dropped his items/followers.

a) Is the Demon still mastered, does it go to the discard pile, or does the wizard now fight him?

b) Is the dark unicorn still a follower, or does it revert to an enemy spirt? If the demon must be fought, I supposed its a craft battle vs. 17 craft?

c) Is the lion now an enemy-animal that must be defeated, or does the lion go to the discard pile?

talismanamsilat:

1) The Wizard lands on the space.

2) The first card he must encounter is the Lion which has reverted to being an Enemy Animal.

3) If he defeats it, he must then encounter the Black Unicorn which has reverted to being an Enemy Spirit.

4) If he defeats it, he may take it as a Follower if he so wishes.

5) Finally he may take the Staff of Mastery which still controls the Demon. The Wizard does not need to fight the Demon.

6) Turn ends."

It was pointed out by me (or maybe TI noticed himself) that Staff can't take a Demon (only Strength enemy), but I don't think it changes the situation. Once you have something in the Staff of Mastery, it stays until used (or Staff turned to Gold, given to Warlock for Quest, etc.)

So, whenever you have to lay Staff of Mastery with enslaved Enemy on the board, the Staff still controls Enemy. When any character takes this Stuff he gets enslaved Enemy as a follower too. Right?

And what we have to do with enslaved Enemy, when the Staff is discarded?

Ah i suppose i was confused with the lion that revert to enemy.

I dont have the exp so i dont know what exactly the staff say,maybe if it go in discard pile enslaved enemy get free and revert to normal enemy on board.

I think that the enemie also go to the discard pile if you must discard the staff of mastery or turning it into gold.

But actually it makes no sense. i would say that the enemie revert to normal instead of enslaving because the staff of mastery is now gone...